Narada Goodrum was wanted for shooting his wife in their west Bexar County home

Jan 2, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KQXT-FM San Antonio

In a seedy motel located just off the Las Vegas strip, Narada Goodrum was caught early this morning after murdering his pregnant wife and fleeing from San Antonio.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Oct 24, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bridgette

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 2, 2013
 
I knew him and i meet her twice but im glad he took his life because she didnt deserve to die,there son didnt have to loss his mother and a baby shouldn't had to die.
sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 2, 2013
 
I agree. One cowardly act followed by another.
Code 3

Ballwin, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 2, 2013
 
I also knew him to even think I knew someone that was so EVIL. He used to always talk about his family and how much he loves them. Apparently he didn't love his son as much as he said he did. My heart breaks for this little boy who was left without his Mother, and for her family. Cynthia, did not deserve what happend to her. May Cynthia, rest in peace and may God Bless her family and her son.
Anonymous

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Nobody deserves to die. Whether it be murder OR suicide. Why would you be happy that a life is gone? Granted, you don't condone what he did and you're probably angry. But I knew him, too. I freakin' grew up knowing him. Hell, I saw him on Thanksgiving and before Christmas! So yeah, I'm sad that he committed suicide. And I wish with all my heart he would have turned himself in. But nobody. NOBODY should be HAPPY that a life is no longer on this Earth. Nobody deserves to die. They were people. Living, breathing, human beings.
La Raza

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 2, 2013
 
He killed himself. He didn't have to go out like that, he should have surrendered! No shots were fired, only the one he put in himself. He's a coward, bottom line!! Not man enough to deal with the repercussions of his heinous act! He only seemed man enough with his actions when it came to assaulting/beating his wife near to death in the past, ultimately taking her life and that of her unborn child at a later date. Abuser, someone that picks on people of lesser strength! Wicked soul, one that will rot, no doubt, in the deepest depths of hell! Tormented for the rest of eternity! No one had the opportunity to judge him legally in the life, his sentencing WILL unquestionably be handed to him in the after life. The world no doubt is a better place without this person in it. I feel sorry for you, mister anonymous responder, for having to have been an acquaintance of this monster. Unfortunately, as evil as this may sound, he did deserve to die! To answer your question of why people would be happy for someones death. It is simply because he was a murderous thief. A thief that stole the life of someone far greater than you could imagine, apparently, and that of a life that had so much more to give. This man beat his wife, this man wrote improper prescriptions from his place of work, this man shot a killed his wife and unborn child in cold blood, traded in his vehicle moments after and ran like a coward ! He deserves every bit of why he gets. RIP Cindy Jean!
Laura

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 2, 2013
 
Code 3 wrote:
I also knew him to even think I knew someone that was so EVIL. He used to always talk about his family and how much he loves them. Apparently he didn't love his son as much as he said he did. My heart breaks for this little boy who was left without his Mother, and for her family. Cynthia, did not deserve what happend to her. May Cynthia, rest in peace and may God Bless her family and her son.
She was truly an amazing person full smiles n love. She was an extraordinary mother. She was an excellent caring nurse. She touch so many people's lives. I was very blessed to have her as my cousin for 34 years you will never be forgotten my Angel. Thank u so much for the prayer and for all the good things that u said God Bless U!
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 2, 2013
 
I knew him also. I haven't seen him in years. It's a sad situation for all involved. I really pray for his son's strength as he grows up. This did not have to happen. There we're red flags when he was a teen but I just figured he got some help and grew up. He had a beautiful family. You just never really know people.
unkown

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I knew him as well, we went to school together, played ball, partied the whole nine. the man served his country!!! But nothing condones the fact he took his unborn child and wifes life. I met his wife and she was sweet, funny, all around good peple to be with. His son is going to suffer the most as well as the families. Never knew this was in his blood, just wish he would have talked to someone! Murder and death is never the answer!
Anonymous wrote:
Nobody deserves to die. Whether it be murder OR suicide. Why would you be happy that a life is gone? Granted, you don't condone what he did and you're probably angry. But I knew him, too. I freakin' grew up knowing him. Hell, I saw him on Thanksgiving and before Christmas! So yeah, I'm sad that he committed suicide. And I wish with all my heart he would have turned himself in. But nobody. NOBODY should be HAPPY that a life is no longer on this Earth. Nobody deserves to die. They were people. Living, breathing, human beings.
smfh

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 3, 2013
 
I knew him as a teen. And yes there was red flags then. He was abusive then wit his ladies,but i hoped he grew out of it. But to take da life of ya unborn child and wife.... I dont wish death on no one. I hope his son grows strong and be a bettet man them his pa.
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 3, 2013
 
Guess he never learned to manage his anger from his teenage years.Although this terrible thing happened he wasn't all mad. He was lost and never got the help he needed. His family and his wifes fam is going to have to pull together to raise his young son. May he, his wife,.and unborn rest in peace!
Naradas Cousin

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Be mindful, Narada Goodrum,TOO, has a Family. A warm and meek MOTHER, an astounding Sister, and a reputable Father. As well as a host of Uncles, Aunts, and 1st cousins, as myself. This is devastating for us from all angles as well. From the loss of our dear in-law and unborn baby, to our beloved family member, Narada. While we absolutely do NOT condone any part of what took place, the fact still remains that there are fatalities we have to emotionally face. He obviously was a flawed human, but the facts remain and they now are what they are. As a family, we now have to walk through this aftermath. Death is never easy, no matter how it comes. But just be MINDFUL and considerate that both victims have families and parents who are very sensitive at this time and ignorance is unnecessary, especially with there being many unknown facts to the public that the families know. I thank everyone for condolences given to Cynthia and the unborn and just remain in prayer for my little cousin, who now remains without a mother nor father.

RIP Cynthia & Narada Goodrum

Love,
Timberlyne
Yvette

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Naradas Cousin wrote:
Be mindful, Narada Goodrum,TOO, has a Family. A warm and meek MOTHER, an astounding Sister, and a reputable Father. As well as a host of Uncles, Aunts, and 1st cousins, as myself. This is devastating for us from all angles as well. From the loss of our dear in-law and unborn baby, to our beloved family member, Narada. While we absolutely do NOT condone any part of what took place, the fact still remains that there are fatalities we have to emotionally face. He obviously was a flawed human, but the facts remain and they now are what they are. As a family, we now have to walk through this aftermath. Death is never easy, no matter how it comes. But just be MINDFUL and considerate that both victims have families and parents who are very sensitive at this time and ignorance is unnecessary, especially with there being many unknown facts to the public that the families know. I thank everyone for condolences given to Cynthia and the unborn and just remain in prayer for my little cousin, who now remains without a mother nor father.
RIP Cynthia & Narada Goodrum
Love,
Timberlyne
Im so sorry bout ur lost I was a friend of Narada. I would love to attend his funeral plz get back at me with the info. R.I.E. Narada We love you
a friend

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Naradas Cousin wrote:
Be mindful, Narada Goodrum,TOO, has a Family. A warm and meek MOTHER, an astounding Sister, and a reputable Father. As well as a host of Uncles, Aunts, and 1st cousins, as myself. This is devastating for us from all angles as well. From the loss of our dear in-law and unborn baby, to our beloved family member, Narada. While we absolutely do NOT condone any part of what took place, the fact still remains that there are fatalities we have to emotionally face. He obviously was a flawed human, but the facts remain and they now are what they are. As a family, we now have to walk through this aftermath. Death is never easy, no matter how it comes. But just be MINDFUL and considerate that both victims have families and parents who are very sensitive at this time and ignorance is unnecessary, especially with there being many unknown facts to the public that the families know. I thank everyone for condolences given to Cynthia and the unborn and just remain in prayer for my little cousin, who now remains without a mother nor father.
RIP Cynthia & Narada Goodrum
Love,
Timberlyne
Condolences to the family!!.. I have known narada for a long time and sadly there are always to sides to every story....the crime that was committed there is no excuse. Everyone shame on you to Judge anyone here...Red flags on both sides.. they had every chance to remove themself from any situation..sadly when two people get together sometimes they bring out the worst in each other than, that should be enough!!! That does not fall on one person!!! We have to remember there were two lives taken from families, friends..We are all grieving in our own way. you are no better than the monster you are accusing at this point people because you are still hurting family and friends in this time, with your words.. May these two spirits find each other and find forgiveness and may they rest in peace! plese let us know on funeral arrangements...
Also a Goodrum

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 4, 2013
 
He didnt have his meds, which put him in a state that he shouldn't of been. I know that this was wrong and I would rather see him in jail for life than dead!!! When something like this happens, the person that did it needs to suffer. No one deserves to die, I understand. However, No need for the negativity. Its over and done with.
Jones

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I knew Narada as well and I know his mother and his sister, they attend my church and they are beautiful people! I agree with Narada's cousin, be mindful of the things you say! Yes it was an evil act to take a life and an unborn child's life but God knows our hearts at ALL TIMES! Narada was a kind man who was not perfect and somewhere something went wrong in his life! He realized after he killed his family what he had done and took his life! We can wonder what went wrong but we cannot judge! Like the Bible says he who is without sin cast the first stone and none of us are without sin! It's a sad situation but keep in mind Narada's family is grieving as well and will never have answers either! Just be mindful of the comments you say even if you don't care! Those who knew him, knew the kind side of Narada so hold on to that! God is the ultimate judge when its all said in done! Rest In Peace Cynthia & Narada! We pray for Tristan that he will grow up with his families love and that he will always be reminded of his parents and how much he was loved regardless of the situation!

Family Friend-Jones
kdee

Mcallen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 4, 2013
 
Narada was extremely flawed. Family, if there were so many red flags, then whey did you not embrace him and care for him before he would go out into this world. If he had a history of abusing young women as a teen, you should have intervened. Ultimately, it was his choice, but we as family know enough when someone needs help. There are so many should of's, but no matter what, my friend will not come back. You are both in my prayers.
A multitude of stories need to come out. I choose not to write about them at this time, because of the sensitivity involved on both parties. I am not a judge, but my Redeemer is & may he spend his eternity where God sees fit.
shocked

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 5, 2013
 
He makes me sick to my stomach that I knew him. I knew him before he was married (socially) and bumped into him while he was going through his divorce. Once he was divorced, he tried to date me and wanted to get serious. There was always something about him but I couldn't put my finger on it. He said all the right things and was always a gentleman but my intuition spoke to me and I LISTENED to it and never dated him. Once I saw him arrested for forging drugs on the news...I knew I had made the right choice many years ago. So many women don't stop and listen to their intuition. We all have it and need to stop and listen to ourselves when we get that weird feeling in our stomachs and NEVER IGNORE IT. It is there for a reason...I pray for their son, he is a handsome and smart young man. He adored his father and always talked about his mother...so tragic
NARADA FRIEND

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

IM here reading all these comments on the Goodrum sitution,And I have to say Narada was the perfect gentaman and great father to trist, Everytime we talkd it was bout his son ANS THE DREAMS HE HAD FOR HIS FEATURE MAY YOU REST IN PEACE NARADA KFONSE I WILL MISS YOU DEARLY AND MY HEART GOES TO BOTH SIDES OF THE FAMILY....C.O
co -worker

Keller, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Yes I agree this is a horrible situation. However, please try to refrain from calling him names one day his son going to be able to understand these posts. No matter how flawed a person is we all know children love their parents. Do you really want this child to wonder if every time he gets angry he's part monster or he was born with some type of evil in him? I get everyone is angry, hurt, sad, and confused but as a community we should really be thinking about his son and how our words affect him. Everyone who knew Narada will tell you he was good guy, he was just flawed. We can't judge people just because they sin differently than us. Cynthia obviously saw what Narada could be because she married him twice, so while you are sitting here bashing him what are you saying about her? Point is none of us were with them daily so instead of judging and name calling we need to be praying for both families involved.
No kidding

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Anonymous wrote:
Nobody deserves to die. Whether it be murder OR suicide. Why would you be happy that a life is gone? Granted, you don't condone what he did and you're probably angry. But I knew him, too. I freakin' grew up knowing him. Hell, I saw him on Thanksgiving and before Christmas! So yeah, I'm sad that he committed suicide. And I wish with all my heart he would have turned himself in. But nobody. NOBODY should be HAPPY that a life is no longer on this Earth. Nobody deserves to die. They were people. Living, breathing, human beings.
Just shows how evil they are to be happy someone commuted suicide. In this world it takes all kinds of people. God bless & heal these grieving families and friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bexar County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suicide on the rise among youth in Bexar County Thu Who Cares 4
Vojvodich to run for Sheriff 2016 Jul '14 Annon 1
Police: Bexar deputy arrested in DWI case order... May '14 kalirush 1
Dry conditions lead to more water woes (Jul '12) May '14 Marcella sowell 3
Texas town's choice for city manager has length... Apr '14 pearsall citizen 4
Same-sex couple files for divorce in Bexar County Mar '14 Obama the Drama Q... 3
DPS makes recommendation in Sgt. Gabe Trevino a... (May '10) Feb '14 dms 27

Search the Bexar County Forum:
•••