Article comments temporarily suspended

Article comments temporarily suspended

There are 6 comments on the Reading Eagle/Reading Times story from Jul 1, 2010, titled Article comments temporarily suspended. In it, Reading Eagle/Reading Times reports that:

A© 2010 Reading Eagle Company, All Rights Reserved - Serving the Berks County community and surrounding areas for over 140 years! These links are not endorsements of any products or services in such sites, and no information in such site has been endorsed or approved by this site.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reading Eagle/Reading Times.

more censorship

Nanticoke, PA

#1 Jul 1, 2010
boo hoo...some liberal at the reading eagle got their feelings hurt.

TIME TO BOYCOT THE READING EAGLE.
debby

Dallas, TX

#2 Jul 1, 2010
just dump topix.
Nobama

Blue Bell, PA

#3 Jul 1, 2010
The Reading Eagle should be happy that anyone cares enough to comment. If they want commenters to be identified, nobody will bother.

No loss.

The dead tree media is on borrowed time anyway.
Howard Johnson is Right

Germiston, South Africa

#4 Jul 4, 2010
not sure how I could boycott the eagle.. I don't buy the dead-tree edition as it is...

Anyway, I just wrote Dietz a letter, asked him to come up with a new and improved comments system *FAST* because let's face it... the context provided by commenters are often more informative than the articles in the first place.

When you get down to it, the problem isn't that the eagle is a bad paper... the problem is that Reading is a one-paper town.
Darwin

Allentown, PA

#5 Jul 4, 2010
Lost interest in the Reading Eagle when they gutted the business section, stopped printing stock prices, forced me to the internet, at which point why did I need dead trees on my doorstep.....
Jimbo

Reading, PA

#6 Jul 5, 2010
It’s stupid that a few idiots ruined the comments for everyone else. The only thing I will miss about the comments section is some of the “good” insider information the Reading Eagle reporters lacked. All in all, removing the comments section was probably best for the paper. I know a couple people that declined a story just because they didn’t want some unknown person berating them even if the story was positive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berks County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PennDOT Hitting The Roads As Winter Storm Reach... (Feb '10) Jan '16 ciara1234 19
berks county district attorney office corruption (Nov '15) Dec '15 U n who 2
How many pervs (Dec '15) Dec '15 U n who 2
News Martina McBride returning to Reading with 'Ever... (May '15) May '15 spunky 1
News Misco Products Installs Solar Panels (Apr '10) Apr '15 Solarman 4
News Berks County gym owner charged with dealing ste... (Mar '15) Mar '15 JuiceNtheGym 1
News Wolf seeks billions in higher taxes for schools... (Mar '15) Mar '15 jones 8
More from around the web