Battle of the High School Bands Comin...

Battle of the High School Bands Coming June 7

There are 1 comment on the Patch.com story from May 30, 2013, titled Battle of the High School Bands Coming June 7. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Are you ready to rock? The Fort Lee Community Center on Inwood Terrace will feature the annual Battle of the High School Bands on June 7. The event, sponsored by the Fort Lee Film Commission-sponsored, offers a prize of $500 to the best band, along with a $250 Wendy's Audience Choice Award.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Tom Frank

Astoria, NY

#1 Jun 8, 2013
I was there last night and I was shocked to hear that with all the bands present and working hard to practice and travel, to not be recognized beyond first place! I have judged many events and all would have runner up, 3rd, 2nd and 1rd place. this is done to make the bands feel more competitive and worthwhile to be there, including their families. The judges should ethically contact and formally recognize those who were below first place. Those judges should not have the right to judge events in the future, until they understand their position of decision and the negative consequences upon the performers. If this is not done, I will contact my connections to broadcast over the air this unfair event for next year, throughout this listening region.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bergen County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyco Animal Control = Corruption (Jun '07) Jun '17 Steven McNally Gl... 32
News Police union blasts sheriff for alleged layoff ... Jun '17 harry 2
News Bergen County Sheriff to lay off 26 officers, u... Apr '17 Hard knox 1
News Bergenfield cop allegedly assaulted during traf... Apr '17 Hard knox 1
News Archive: Tribute to teen one year after police ... Apr '17 Hard knox 1
News Suspicious packages found in Fair Lawn Apr '17 Hard knox 1
Fed Up with South Jersey Camden County Election... Apr '17 SJ Fraud 1
More from around the web