Coach Charged Over N.J. Football Fight

Coach Charged Over N.J. Football Fight

There are 11 comments on the The Associated Press story from Oct 21, 2006, titled Coach Charged Over N.J. Football Fight . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

A football coach has been arrested after video footage showed him throwing punches during a brawl involving about 65 coaches, parents and seventh- and eighth-grade players at a game, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

field andrew

AOL

#1 Oct 24, 2006
coach should be barred from all
future sports for children thru
age 17
Daoneandonly

AOL

#2 Oct 25, 2006
field andrew wrote:
age 17
Yea well where are the other 65 people who were involved? Did this guy take on 65 people. I think its ridiculous how its all over the tv and newspaper. Is this the first fight on a football field?
gezzertoo

Hampton Bays, NY

#3 Oct 25, 2006
why did the police well the need to arreset this guy at practice....yeah maybe it makes an example but what if he attacked the police not to smart or safe with all the kids around
Daoneandonly

AOL

#4 Oct 26, 2006
Why has Oakland made their statements but Bergenfield still hasnt? We have only heard one side of the story so nobody should be judging anybody. Oakland also said that Bergenfield started the fight but I dont believe that because Bergenfield was winning so why would they start a fight? I just think this is so over rated and Oakland has nothing better to do. Also where were the refs that were supposed to break it up? They should have broke it up before it got out of control. The other coaches got suspended from 2 games and they fought but they only went after 1 coach when other coaches were involved in it.
peg

Ridgewood, NJ

#5 Nov 7, 2006
The coach from oakland hit the bergenfield boy that
the case..That coach should be in jail..Bergenfield people saw it..
truth

Newark, NJ

#6 Jan 7, 2007
ok listen im actually on the oakland team .... i agree about one thing with ur story that it is stupid to have all this shit on TV and in newspapers. this is the truth of what happened. after a long game of frustration bad team spirit ( from oaklands reactions and bergenfields late hits) after a play ther was a late hit from bergenfield, the oakland player pushed back, then more bergenfield players came after the oakland player, next the oakland player did throw the first punch, however the bergenfield players instigated it so really both teams were responsable. after that the kids started fighting and the bergenfield coach ran out (suposedly becasue the kid was his son) the oakland coaches saw some adult running out on the field and thaught somehting bad was going to happen and ran out, but when the bergenfield coaches arm raised into the air the oakland coaches first instinct was to get hom off of the kid. (im not saying the bergenfield coach was going to hit the kid then and there but that is how it was seen)after that the all the bergenfield players ran out onto the field and attacked, responding to this the oakland team ran onto the field and started fighting back. it was not a good thing becasue it got soo out of hand that adults were hitting kids. In the reffs deffence ther was no way the could have stopped all these people. eventually the fight was broken up. From my point of view do i think bergenfield was wrong .. yes ... but thats becasue its from my side of view, i cant judge the other players becasue i dont know there side. however one of our on coaches is actually from bergenfield so i got some reviews from him. in conclusion no one was completely rigt here, oakland threw the first punch and bergenfield instigated it. Dont blame oakland saying they have nothign better to do, and dont say it was all bergenfields fault ... one thing i will say however is ... it will be fun playing them again in high school.
vic

Bloomfield, NJ

#7 Aug 11, 2008
field andrew wrote:
age 17
we fuked them up and he kiked there asses
vic

Bloomfield, NJ

#8 Aug 11, 2008
oakland sucks b-field rules we r gonna kik there asses this year they were to scared to play in bergenfield last year
AL M

Bloomfield, NJ

#9 Oct 10, 2008
Turns out at this game the alleged coach throwing punches from bergenfield did not throw a punch at all. It seems a video turned up that proved this and showed apee wee coach from Oakland attacked a kid from the Bergenfield seior team out of frustration from the beating they were getting. All charges were dropped against the Bergenfield coach. Gee and I wonder what happened to the Oakland pee wee coach that attacked the kid from Bergenfield.NOTHING because the guy who runs the league just happens to be from Oakland and most of the police department from Oakland know him or more than likely played for him in their youth. I am sure the coach on the attack is still coaching because it was just a big deflection on the part of the Oakland p.d.A--H--ES!!
AL M

Bloomfield, NJ

#10 Oct 10, 2008
yEAH WHAT HAPPENED WAS THAT THE KID FOM BERGENFIELD HAD A TIFF IN THE END ZONE WITH A KID FROM OAKLAND BECAUSE THE KID FROM OAKLAND WAS FRUSTRATED CAME AFTER THE KID FROM BERGENFIELD WHO HAPPENED TO BE RANKED NATIONALLY INWRESTLING THREW THE KID FROM OAKLAND TO THE GROUND WHEN A PEE WEE COACH FROM OAKLAND RAN INTO THE END ZONE HIT THE KID FROM BERGENFIELD WHICH FUELED THE COACH FROM BERGENFIELD WHO'S SON IT HAPPENED TO BE!!! THIS WHOLE THING WAS SET UP TO MAKE BERGENFIELD THE BAD GUYS!!WHEN IN TRUTH I WAS THERE AND SAW THE VIDEO. AGAIN THIS HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT A DEFLECTION OF WHO WAS REALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ALTERCATION. THE CHARGES WERE MYSTERIOUSLY DROPPED AGAINST THE BERGENFIELD COACH ONCE THE VIDEO SHOWED THE WHOLE SCENARIO. I WONDER WHY WE NEVER HEARD ABOUT THE ACTUAL INSTIGATOR OF THIS DESPICABLE ACTION AGAINST A KID
truth wrote:
ok listen im actually on the oakland team .... i agree about one thing with ur story that it is stupid to have all this shit on TV and in newspapers. this is the truth of what happened. after a long game of frustration bad team spirit ( from oaklands reactions and bergenfields late hits) after a play ther was a late hit from bergenfield, the oakland player pushed back, then more bergenfield players came after the oakland player, next the oakland player did throw the first punch, however the bergenfield players instigated it so really both teams were responsable. after that the kids started fighting and the bergenfield coach ran out (suposedly becasue the kid was his son) the oakland coaches saw some adult running out on the field and thaught somehting bad was going to happen and ran out, but when the bergenfield coaches arm raised into the air the oakland coaches first instinct was to get hom off of the kid.(im not saying the bergenfield coach was going to hit the kid then and there but that is how it was seen)after that the all the bergenfield players ran out onto the field and attacked, responding to this the oakland team ran onto the field and started fighting back. it was not a good thing becasue it got soo out of hand that adults were hitting kids. In the reffs deffence ther was no way the could have stopped all these people. eventually the fight was broken up. From my point of view do i think bergenfield was wrong .. yes ... but thats becasue its from my side of view, i cant judge the other players becasue i dont know there side. however one of our on coaches is actually from bergenfield so i got some reviews from him. in conclusion no one was completely rigt here, oakland threw the first punch and bergenfield instigated it. Dont blame oakland saying they have nothign better to do, and dont say it was all bergenfields fault ... one thing i will say however is ... it will be fun playing them again in high school.
Bergenfield Res

Paramus, NJ

#11 Oct 17, 2008
people from oakland are stuck up ignorant rich snobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bergen County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tyco Animal Control = Corruption (Jun '07) Jun '17 Steven McNally Gl... 32
News Police union blasts sheriff for alleged layoff ... Jun '17 harry 2
News Bergen County Sheriff to lay off 26 officers, u... Apr '17 Hard knox 1
News Bergenfield cop allegedly assaulted during traf... Apr '17 Hard knox 1
News Archive: Tribute to teen one year after police ... Apr '17 Hard knox 1
News Suspicious packages found in Fair Lawn Apr '17 Hard knox 1
Fed Up with South Jersey Camden County Election... Apr '17 SJ Fraud 1
More from around the web