Benton Co. leaders vote to reject Cam...

Benton Co. leaders vote to reject Camden ammonia dump

There are 16 comments on the WSMV-TV 4 News story from Jan 18, 2012, titled Benton Co. leaders vote to reject Camden ammonia dump. In it, WSMV-TV 4 News reports that:

A small Middle Tennessee county says it is tired of waiting, tired of the state's answers and tired of their homes smelling awful while everyone says it's OK.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSMV-TV 4 News.

good job

Paris, TN

#1 Jan 26, 2012
good job benton county commissioners for stepping up and doing what camden aldermen failed at doing over and over again. kick the dump out!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#2 Jan 26, 2012
good job wrote:
good job benton county commissioners for stepping up and doing what camden aldermen failed at doing over and over again. kick the dump out!
I agree. But, I wonder if we'll have to hire another Lawyer, when we get sued because of it & where will the money come from to pay him?
If we didn't have all these other Lawsuits to pay for, it wouldn't bother me at all because it would be money well spent, but since we do have all of these other Lawsuits & are already paying 2 Lawyers because of them, I can't help but wonder where are we going to get the money for a Third Lawyer. I would think we would have to hire an Environmental Attorney, if we expect to win, so I'm wondering.
BTW, word is that there's another Lawsuit that has been filed that has nothing to do with the Dump, but it's a "biggy" that all of us will be aware of soon, if what I'm hearing , is true.
We've got to do some more cuts because we've got Lawsuits up the yang-yang to pay!(sarcasm)
Puddn Tame

Camden, TN

#3 Jan 26, 2012
The R.S. Rumor Mill is spewing crap again.
I hope the commission suceeds. Passing the resolution does not mean they are gone yet.Any effort to get rid of them should include cleaning up their mess. I'm afraid it will cost more to clean it up than they made bringing it in. If they go bankrupt we may be stuck with it.On top of the toxic fumes and smell we now have a eyesore entering and leaving town.
good job

Paris, TN

#4 Jan 26, 2012
maybe the blame and cost should go to the 2 guys that caused the problem to begin with and that is Alan Webb and Jimmy Wiseman since they signed off on the dump in violation of the Jackson law and did it in secret with out a public hearing. We dont all care about other lawsuits we care about this one because it is our health at risk. I dont care if it costs a million dollars to get rid of the dump the county needs to fight is 100%

Location hidden

#5 Jan 26, 2012
Puddn Tame wrote:
I hope the commission suceeds. Passing the resolution does not mean they are gone yet.Any effort to get rid of them should include cleaning up their mess. I'm afraid it will cost more to clean it up than they made bringing it in. If they go bankrupt we may be stuck with it.On top of the toxic fumes and smell we now have a eyesore entering and leaving town.
"The RS Rumor Mill"? I think you need to stop blaming me for what you're actually doing! But, in the meantime, read the Link below & pay particular attention to the last part!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46034778/ns/local...
good job

Paris, TN

#6 Jan 26, 2012
Puddn Tame wrote:
what was said was that there was another lawsuit filed that had nothing to do with the dump but the link went to a story about the dump that must be what you meant by rumor mill since the so called word is that another lawsuit has been filed that wasnt supposed to be about the dump but this discussion is supposed to be abut the dump. it would be nice to have the discussion stay on topic but i dont think that will happen.there are some people that live here that are paid by the dump and they will do their best to keep their pockets filled and get the subject changed to distract from the dump.
snappy

Jackson, TN

#8 Jan 27, 2012
good job wrote:
maybe the blame and cost should go to the 2 guys that caused the problem to begin with and that is Alan Webb and Jimmy Wiseman since they signed off on the dump in violation of the Jackson law and did it in secret with out a public hearing. We dont all care about other lawsuits we care about this one because it is our health at risk. I dont care if it costs a million dollars to get rid of the dump the county needs to fight is 100%
You are full of s#$%. Wiseman or Webb never signed off on a landfill for Aluminum Dross. They signed off on a landfill for Tire Disposal and Construction materials only. When Ray Warren died he left his wife Cheryl with some heavy debt. She sold the landfill to get out of debt. The new owners went to the State and had the Contract changed to include "Aluminum Dross" Blame who the hell you want but you need to get the facts straight before you try to ruin someone else with lies. The State doesn't give a crap about a little podunk town of Camden they don't have to live here. We got screwed by the State.
Lawsuit County - Tennesse

Ashburn, VA

#9 Jan 27, 2012
snappy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of s#$%. Wiseman or Webb never signed off on a landfill for Aluminum Dross. They signed off on a landfill for Tire Disposal and Construction materials only. When Ray Warren died he left his wife Cheryl with some heavy debt. She sold the landfill to get out of debt. The new owners went to the State and had the Contract changed to include "Aluminum Dross" Blame who the hell you want but you need to get the facts straight before you try to ruin someone else with lies. The State doesn't give a crap about a little podunk town of Camden they don't have to live here. We got screwed by the State.
Ruining peoples lives with lies and rumors is the cottage industry around these parts. About the only industry our fine feathered fools in County Government can promote from the natural resources available within the remaining population that has not abandoned ship.
craponsnap

Paris, TN

#10 Jan 27, 2012
snappy wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your F'n facts straight MF. Go ask to see a copy of the OFFICAL letters to EWS that both Webb and Wiseman signed!!!!!

Since: Feb 11

The Prairie

#11 Jan 27, 2012
craponsnap wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your F'n facts straight MF. Go ask to see a copy of the OFFICAL letters to EWS that both Webb and Wiseman signed!!!!!
You have to forgive snappy, he is a Good Ole Loyalist who supports the past officials that turned this county into the dump capital of Tennessee.
Duh Huh

Camden, TN

#12 Jan 27, 2012
snappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Snappy if you have been to any of the city meetings you would know different. Mr Scorr mentioned at one of the 1st city meeeting that he had several meetings with the Camden and Benton county mayor present and that they had agreed to let them operate EWS. WITH NO CONTRACT !!! Allen Webb was present at the meeting he was very quite about it. HE DID NOT DENY THE MEETINGS OR BEING PRESENT AT THEM !!! THATS A FACT JACK !!!!!!We were also screwed by 2 mayors !!!!
Duh Huh

Camden, TN

#13 Jan 27, 2012
Meetings with the mayors are not public hearings that are required by the Jackson law.
Big Sandy Dragon Lady

Big Sandy, TN

#14 Feb 21, 2012
Duh Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Snappy if you have been to any of the city meetings you would know different. Mr Scorr mentioned at one of the 1st city meeeting that he had several meetings with the Camden and Benton county mayor present and that they had agreed to let them operate EWS. WITH NO CONTRACT !!! Allen Webb was present at the meeting he was very quite about it. HE DID NOT DENY THE MEETINGS OR BEING PRESENT AT THEM !!! THATS A FACT JACK !!!!!!We were also screwed by 2 mayors !!!!
I am a relative newcomer to Benton County. What year did this occur? Thanks!
Againest EWS

Camden, TN

#15 Feb 21, 2012
Last year at Camden city hall. I believe it was the 2nd special called meeting discussing EWS. The 1st and only public meeting that I know of when Mr Soorr spoke.He mentioned he had been meeting with the mayors and other public officials the previous year. It was the overflow meeting when all the chairs were moved from the regular meeting room to the lobby.Mr Scorr had all his EWS employees and their families there dressed in green EWS T shirts trying to stack the deck.

Since: Feb 12

Madison, TN

#16 Feb 28, 2012
These guys are nothing but puppets on a string.
James must not have liked the dump or was not getting any monies

Location hidden

#17 Feb 28, 2012
Or wants it moved to the South end of the County. Now, I wonder who has alot of land on that end of the County that would profit greatly if the Dump relocated there, especially on their property.
It would still poison the County & maybe the River where Camden gets it's drinking water supply from, but that sort of thing has never seemed to matter to some People in this County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Benton County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best waitresses in benton county (Feb '12) Jul 22 tammy72 5
the park needs to keep it's name Jul 22 tammy72 1
convenient store homewrecker whoes Jul 22 Anonymous 7
Durham Brooks and Nunnery fraud (Jan '15) Jul 6 over this idiot 2
Brandy Earp Jun '15 Besties Sissy 12
News Body found in Harmon Creek area (May '10) Jun '15 2legit 17
Sandy's Burger Barn out by the inter-state, May '15 suesama 1
More from around the web