2012 execution dates set for two murd...

2012 execution dates set for two murderers | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 10 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 6, 2011, titled 2012 execution dates set for two murderers | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

The Ohio Supreme Court yesterday set two more execution dates in 2012, meaning the line of condemned killers scheduled to die is now more than a year long.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Antagonist

Newark, OH

#1 Jul 6, 2011
Why all this effort to schedule and set dates?
It's not like they are going anywhere or have anything to do.
When the last appeal is used, 48 hours should be enough time before sentence is carried out, and even that is way to late.
watcher

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 6, 2011
Why not just do a firing squad and get it over with? This is a waste of taxpayer money at this slow a pace.

Not very efficient in my opinion. Private industry could and would make quick work of this.
paul

Jackson, OH

#3 Jul 6, 2011
Line them up, we have already kept the murdering rascals for 15 years too long now.

Since: Jun 09

Hilliard, OH

#4 Jul 6, 2011
I'll mark my calendar.
Technically Right

Columbus, OH

#5 Jul 6, 2011
McExecutions?
watcher wrote:
Not very efficient in my opinion. Private industry could and would make quick work of this.
my2cents

United States

#6 Jul 6, 2011
I've been saying for many many years now that the government should bring back public hangings...charge a $5 fee to watch it and not only would they bring in revenue from it, but the sentence could (and SHOULD) be carried out the same day the verdict is given which would greatly reduce the number of tax-dollar wasting scum in the prison system...
Dave

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 6, 2011
It makes me happy to see that everyone is for Executions. It means we still have our common sense. Bravo Columbus.
Tom Wright

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Jul 6, 2011
So it takes 11 years AFTER conviction to execute a killer. At approximately $25,000 a year to feed and house a criminal, we're up to $250,000. And no one can figure out why the crime rate is high! And no one can figure out why we have deficet spending! And no one can figure out why the govenor is trying to sell our prisons!!
ALEX

United States

#9 Jul 6, 2011
Viva Ohio!!! No mercy for killers, but be sure no mistake in finding guilt.
No justice

Naperville, IL

#10 Jul 6, 2011
watcher wrote:
Why not just do a firing squad and get it over with? This is a waste of taxpayer money at this slow a pace.
Sorry to have to disagree but I do. I'm sure private industry would never carryout an execution. It's not like the state who works in the "best interests" of the people -(HEAVY sarcasm in that statement - Kasick). If you are referring to privatized prisons - they will never accept or see criminals of any nature even close to getting the death penalty. Those inmates will still be mandated to state institutions that the BUM didn't sell off, thusly costing taxpayers all the same as before the 5 were sold.

Sad but will be true. No money in heavily charged or medically challenged inmates for the privatized. They want the 6 to 9 month sentence bad drivers and wife beaters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belmont County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers say Ohio's oil and gas tax is among n... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Pam 1
robert "radar" smith how many women did he do t... (Jul '15) Jul '15 kit kat meow 1
News Police looking for gas station robber in Belmon... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Steve hunt 1
News Belmont County commissioners taking a look at t... (Apr '14) Apr '14 William rayl 1
News Lawmakers want drillers to provide standardized... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Stiltz 2
News Belmont County 911 Calling All Residents Monday (Nov '13) Nov '13 Glenn Green 1
Child (Nov '13) Nov '13 Joe 1
More from around the web