Shifting attitudes breathe life into ...

Shifting attitudes breathe life into smoking bills

There are 2 comments on the BlufftonToday.com blogs story from Feb 14, 2007, titled Shifting attitudes breathe life into smoking bills. In it, BlufftonToday.com blogs reports that:

A statewide smoking ban, a prohibition against smoking in cars when young children are present and a provision to allow employers to hire -- or not hire -- a smoker: These proposals are part of the anti-smoking ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BlufftonToday.com blogs.

Beaufort Smoker

Clayton, NC

#1 Feb 15, 2007
wtf? I smoke there for I can't get a job? What is up with that? Aren't us working people suppose to have breaks? Out of an ten hour day, you are suppose to have 3-15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch break. I understand the kids in the car thing. Kids get sick alot because of second hand smoke. Ask any doctor. pretty soon you will have to be under lock and key, under the covers with a flashlight, just to smoke a cig.
Former Smoker

Portland, ME

#2 Feb 15, 2007
I started smoking at 19. I use to compare it to sucking my finger. It gave that kind of comfort. I could write a 500 words essay on the danger of smoking. Secondhand smoke is the dangerous. A good friend of mine didn't smoke, drink, exercise (walks, cutting wood,etc.), ate a veggie diet and was strict a Seventh Day Adventist. He was a case manager for mentally ill clients. He rode them to appointments and visited them in their homes. These clients smoked in a chimney. The furniture, curtains smelled of smoked. It took me about a year to get the picture of him in a hospital bed dying of lung cancer. When I visit his wife I work every hard not to cry. He did all the right things with his health but avoid the secondhand smoke.
Beaufort Smoker wrote:
wtf? I smoke there for I can't get a job? What is up with that? Aren't us working people suppose to have breaks? Out of an ten hour day, you are suppose to have 3-15 min breaks and a 30 min lunch break. I understand the kids in the car thing. Kids get sick alot because of second hand smoke. Ask any doctor. pretty soon you will have to be under lock and key, under the covers with a flashlight, just to smoke a cig.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaufort County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why are SC teachers fleeing at record rates? He... Fri Bobby White 1
News Meryl Streep: 'I wasn't deliberately silent' on... Dec '17 In Her Mind 1
News Why Beaufort Sheriff P.J. Tanner wrote a letter... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Cousin 1
News Understanding the Beaufort County referendum (Nov '16) Nov '16 Juan 1
Beaufort County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Liam 2
News Traffic increases heading to SC beaches for the... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Dmc 1
Picture from 1960's that has 5 generations of m... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Robin Smith 1