Ex-deputy court clerks says county kn...

Ex-deputy court clerks says county knew about improprieties in 2007

There are 1 comment on the Island Packet story from Dec 8, 2009, titled Ex-deputy court clerks says county knew about improprieties in 2007. In it, Island Packet reports that:

Beaufort County officials knew as early as 2007 that former County Clerk of Court Elizabeth Smith was misusing public money -- to give employees a clothing allowance -- and didn't properly monitor her spending, according to a lawyer for Smith's former assistant and friend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Island Packet.

justme

Travelers Rest, SC

#1 Dec 8, 2009
CHEROKEE COUNTY LAW ENFORCEMENT......Why is Cherokee County Police Dept. so crooked? How is it that the officers can do what they want and get caught and all that happens is that they get told not to do it again, but yet treat thier inmates like trash, i understand that they are inmates and some are in there for a reason, but, they are still people not dogs, better yet, dogs get treated better than they do, why in Cherokee County if you have enough money you can do anything and get away with it I have tons of opionons and things that needs to be brought up, but no one will because they are scared of the results, anyone in or around Cherokee County i'm looking for you and your opionons just add me to your facebook, it's not right they way they do and treat people and get away with it, but yet expect to get respect from people ..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaufort County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meryl Streep: 'I wasn't deliberately silent' on... Dec '17 In Her Mind 1
News Why Beaufort Sheriff P.J. Tanner wrote a letter... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Cousin 1
News Understanding the Beaufort County referendum (Nov '16) Nov '16 Juan 1
Beaufort County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal ... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Liam 2
News Traffic increases heading to SC beaches for the... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Dmc 1
Picture from 1960's that has 5 generations of m... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Robin Smith 1
News Two safe after emergency landing on Hilton Head... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Fact 1
More from around the web