Driver In Critical Condition

Driver In Critical Condition

There are 2 comments on the WITN story from Aug 17, 2006, titled Driver In Critical Condition. In it, WITN reports that:

A Beaufort County man is in critical condition following Wednesday's two-vehicle crash in Washington.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WITN.

Crystal Marriner

Belhaven, NC

#1 Aug 23, 2006
This comment is to share my disgrace in our Local newspaper, The Washington Daily News. This paper posted a picture that should have never made it to press, and Called it the PUBLIC's Right to KNOW? What about my father's Rights? He had the right of respect for him in his vulnerable condition. Unfortunately we lost our father due to the incident. And the Daily News refuses to post my comments there to this very day. So again what about the public's right to know my feelings? My father would be fighting for me if the role was reversed, therefore, Im doing it for him!! I would love any assistance with the idea of whats Morally and Ethically correct. Would you show a picture of someone having CPR performed on them being rushed to an ambulance with their arm dangling and lifeless body for all to see? If so, perhaps morals were passed up in this incidence also!
Sometimes

Belhaven, NC

#2 Aug 26, 2006
Sometimes the mullet wrapper is very insensitive as to how the profile some stories. I also think that they in their own way tried to apologize by covering the tributes to him.
The public does have the right to know things, but the facts could have been written and the pictures space could have been better utilized. Take out an ad in the paper if the won't print your letter to the editor or put it in Sound Off.
Leadership at the WDN could use some common sense and learn yo put it into action.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Beaufort County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cast Your Vote: "America's Coolest Small Towns ... (Feb '15) Apr '15 The Curious Peddler 2
News Beaufort County man accused of assaulting child... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Ace McMillan 1
News Hagan Urges Resolution that Preserves Emergency... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Evalin Jarvis 1
Jaded by Lena Watlington - NC Native (Jan '14) Jan '14 Lena Watlington 1
News Moss selected as new Beaufort County school sup... (Mar '13) Mar '13 todd 1
News Commissioner Richardson: "This Is A Very Libera... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Bob Andrews 1
News Deputies Searching For Assault Suspect; Conside... (May '12) May '12 Love 1
More from around the web