FHP racks up window tint tickets

Feb 18, 2008 Full story: Northwest Florida Daily News 58

“They're going to continue to enforce the window tint law, along with every other traffic law.”

The Florida Highway Patrol apparently is serious about window tint. Court records show troopers have written 334 improper tint citations, or about $23,380 worth, in Bay County since mid-December. They issued ... via Northwest Florida Daily News

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
belfest

Panama City, FL

#43 Nov 30, 2010
How can they uphold the law? If they don't obey it them selve's? They are over paid.They should get a pay cut too.Give some of the money to the teacher's
PI from Weekie Wachee

Cocoa Beach, FL

#44 Jan 6, 2011
Trooper sitting in medium on S.R. 50 in Brooksville. I pass him doing 50mph in a 55 mph. Since I use a Honda Civic for surveillance, he profiles my vehicle, and pulls me over 2 miles down the road at about 5:45 pm. He states he pulled me over due to mt front windshield strip, which was put on legally by Gateway Honda 8 years ago. What gets me is that my lights are on, its dark, i'm going 50mph, it doesn't make sense. My vehicle was profiled yet there was no smoking gun, but why the ticket. I have a criminal justice degree, worked in law enforcement, stated who I was, and given a ticket at his descretion.

Since: May 09

Parker, Florida

#45 Jan 6, 2011
Take it up with the Judge...with him present....and let us know how it comes out.....
fhp are crooks

Panama City, FL

#46 Apr 8, 2011
fhp are now patroling in the cities . what part of sherman ave is a highway you crooks. i was passed on hwy 231 by fhp . i was going 65 , he was going approx. 85-90 ,no light flashing ,no sirens. and what was the emergency! well i will tell you, he pulled in burger king and ordered lunch. this ass hole should be fired. i recived a ticket for doing 5 miles over on sherman ave. the fhp officers do as they please.
fhp are crooks

Panama City, FL

#47 Apr 8, 2011
Panamaed wrote:
Take it up with the Judge...with him present....and let us know how it comes out.....

you will not win , the judge will suspend the find. most people think if they dont pay, they win, this is wrong. by suspending the fine you are tricked into thinking you won. and you will think you won. this ticket is now on your record as admitting guilt. when in reality they found you guilty and suspended the fine. this is whats up! the judge gets another guilt conviction at your expence.(good for next election). you dont pay anything.(so your happy as a fag in boys town). WAKE UP PEOPLE REVOLT!!! THIS IS A SCAM AND YOU ARE LETTING IT HAPPEN. STOP BEING LAZY FIGHT THESE TYRANTS THEY ONLY DO WHAT THEY CAN SNEEK BY YOUR IGNORANCE.
fhp are crooks

Panama City, FL

#48 Apr 8, 2011
fhp beware this is your notice i am now taping your illegal activity for youtube . dashcam in MY truck. will you be the firsT CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!
joey

United States

#49 May 25, 2011
I'm Corrections Officer for the State of Florida. I recently had the windows on my personal vehicle tinted @ 15 percent all around....One of the reasons I did this is because after I get off of work (in iniform) I pick up my three daughters from school..Without window tints I noticed people always looking inside my car...At times even received some dirty looks... I wouldn't care if I was by myself but when it come to my kids its a different story.I wondering if a Police Officer would understand my situation of I were to get stopped due to my tints not being within the law?
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#50 May 28, 2011
fhp are crooks wrote:
fhp beware this is your notice i am now taping your illegal activity for youtube . dashcam in MY truck. will you be the firsT CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!
Stick your finger in a bear's butt and you just might get bitten! Grow up and dump the high school mentality.
Bull S

Panama City, FL

#51 May 29, 2011
Good for the goose, when was the last WAR, you fought in?
Bull S

Panama City, FL

#52 May 30, 2011
PI from Weekie Wachee, Its because of what you do, you are no longer a cop, just a little again want to be cop.
belfest

Panama City, FL

#53 Jul 25, 2011
Yea and you better watch out for the FHP Motor bike's.. I think all law enforcement are over paid.The poor firemen,EMT and paramedic's are way under staffed and paid......It take's a good trained person to save a life...But anyone could take one....Waste of tax money.. No need for them to have Chevy tahoe's,charger's or any big gas using car's and truck's...They need to stay with the crown vic.
Tere

United States

#54 Oct 18, 2014
Cops have nothing better to do....this is what happens when government has to much control over our lives....
cha ching

Argyle, FL

#55 Oct 20, 2014
Fred F wrote:
They are idiots the FHP budget must be running low!
I think you got it right, it's a money maker.
Sur 13 Beat

Babylon, NY

#56 Oct 27, 2014
Snipe wrote:
I understand those FINE, UPSTANDING law enforcement officers want to know what they're getting into when they pull a car over with dark tint, but MY dark tint helps keep my truck cool, along with keeping out prying eyes and possible sticky fingers.
If my truck were broken into, LEOs couldn't get there quick enough or find the worthless scumbag who might decide they want my stuff.
And I'm with the rest of you...if we can't have it they shouldn't either.
i like having tinted windows in case a riot breaks out ... they won't be able to tell this old slow overweight white man is behind the wheel.
Sur 13 Beat

Babylon, NY

#57 Oct 27, 2014
belfest wrote:
Yea and you better watch out for the FHP Motor bike's.. I think all law enforcement are over paid.The poor firemen,EMT and paramedic's are way under staffed and paid......It take's a good trained person to save a life...But anyone could take one....Waste of tax money.. No need for them to have Chevy tahoe's,charger's or any big gas using car's and truck's...They need to stay with the crown vic.
They like the Tahoe cause it gives them a good look down at the driver who may be texting while driving. Also it is an authoritative type vehicle when done up with police gagets.
Site Investigations

Babylon, NY

#58 Oct 29, 2014
joey wrote:
I'm Corrections Officer for the State of Florida. I recently had the windows on my personal vehicle tinted @ 15 percent all around....One of the reasons I did this is because after I get off of work (in iniform) I pick up my three daughters from school..Without window tints I noticed people always looking inside my car...At times even received some dirty looks... I wouldn't care if I was by myself but when it come to my kids its a different story.I wondering if a Police Officer would understand my situation of I were to get stopped due to my tints not being within the law?
The officer would give you a courtesy warning and advise to correct the window tint into acceptable parameters.
Site Investigations

Babylon, NY

#59 Oct 31, 2014
PI from Weekie Wachee wrote:
Trooper sitting in medium on S.R. 50 in Brooksville. I pass him doing 50mph in a 55 mph. Since I use a Honda Civic for surveillance, he profiles my vehicle, and pulls me over 2 miles down the road at about 5:45 pm. He states he pulled me over due to mt front windshield strip, which was put on legally by Gateway Honda 8 years ago. What gets me is that my lights are on, its dark, i'm going 50mph, it doesn't make sense. My vehicle was profiled yet there was no smoking gun, but why the ticket. I have a criminal justice degree, worked in law enforcement, stated who I was, and given a ticket at his descretion.
Don't look for favors or suck up law enforcement when you get pulled over. They are not gonna let you slide. Better just to say nothing and give the cop the paperwork they ask for. That way if you get the ticket at least you save some of your dignuty.

I got pulled over and they asked me if I knew why I was being pulled over ... I didn't say anything ... then he said do you know it's illegal to talk on a cell phone while driving ... I handed him my paperwork and said nothing ... He became nasty and said what is wrong with me ... I said nothing ... He asked if it was my car .... I didn't respond ... instead of writing the cell phone ticket he gave me a warning ... I said thank you. Don't ask me why he didn't write the ticket.
Sur 13 Beat

Babylon, NY

#60 Nov 1, 2014
Good for the Goose wrote:
Why is it then the police can have dark tint on there cars then. Double standards at its best. We have our fathers, mothers, brothers, and sisters fighting a war and all these people can think about is tint. Get a clue too many people with nothing to do send them overseas to fight and become useful to society and not a hinderence it is a discrace what our government has become
It's not a double standard you horses ass. The police need tinted windows so they can hide and sneak around. All as part of enforcing the law and protecting the public ... you got it now numb nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bay County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Largest Seizure of Heroin in Bay County 47 min jkladyjk 1
Florida deputy arrested for Valdosta molestation Jan '15 Bay county tax payer 1
Bay County Getting Tough on Gangs (Sep '07) Dec '14 Streetrunner 205
Officer Jeff Heath Charged (Jul '14) Nov '14 flyhiely 7
Two Alabama Men Behind Bars Nov '14 Rated X 4
School Officials Split on Spanking in School Nov '14 Jmc0044 1
PCB Council Members Voted in Favor of Increasin... Sep '14 Avo 1
More from around the web