Houseboat sale leads to arrest of Mountain Home man

Apr 20, 2012 Full story: NWAonline 327

Shawn Gregory Cone, 40, and his wife sold a houseboat to another Mountain Home man for $275,000 in August of 2011, a report from the Baxter County sheriff's office said.

Full Story
MYOB

Ash Flat, AR

#22 May 4, 2012
If you aren't feeding them, financing them or F&^%ing them, don't worry about it. Mind your own business. it is their problem to deal with.
Quiksale

Evening Shade, AR

#23 May 4, 2012
to the ones that don't like the comments here .
If they upset you then don't read them .
That was simple wasn't it !

United States

#24 May 7, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny because her name isn't on the Sheriff website for active warrants....I call BS!
Look who just got arrested! Guess it wasn't BS!

Jonesboro, AR

#25 May 7, 2012
sure didnt have to stay long lol

Cherokee Village, AR

#26 May 7, 2012
confirmed wife arrested, she bonded 5,000.~ Check this....The wifie always knows all!!! ha ha hah We always do...Now with a Felony charge I would assume she will lose her job to....Not my business UNTIL I read she works for the School distric OK~ when it has to do with the kids UM~ Big Problems... I prey for them both, Greed is a terrible thing!
Proud to call her FRIEND

Branson, MO

#27 May 7, 2012
I pray God takes care of her as she truly is only guilty of TRUSTING HER HUSBAND.....I know..I know..something none of us should do as we take our marital vows...WRONG (and great job narrowing it down....yes I'm female) As for our guest from Longview, I pray the ill feelings you have and the fun your having with this NEVER find way back to you and your family. If they do, may they greet you with the same spiteful smile you leave in your virtual playground. She may pay a price she doesn't owe, and your thrill will be cheap, but in the end her character will win! You may not see the win, but I'll try and remember how much you matter and let you know on TOPIX
Quiksale

Cherokee Village, AR

#28 May 7, 2012
Proud to call her FRIEND wrote:
I pray God takes care of her as she truly is only guilty of TRUSTING HER HUSBAND.....I know..I know..something none of us should do as we take our marital vows...WRONG (and great job narrowing it down....yes I'm female) As for our guest from Longview, I pray the ill feelings you have and the fun your having with this NEVER find way back to you and your family. If they do, may they greet you with the same spiteful smile you leave in your virtual playground. She may pay a price she doesn't owe, and your thrill will be cheap, but in the end her character will win! You may not see the win, but I'll try and remember how much you matter and let you know on TOPIX
"something none of us should do as we take our marital vows"

Then why get married ?
You sound like my first spouse who didn't take the vows serious either !

Little Rock, AR

#29 May 7, 2012
Quiksale wrote:
<quoted text>"something none of us should do as we take our marital vows"

Then why get married ?
You sound like my first spouse who didn't take the vows serious either !
Do you not pick up on sarcasm?

United States

#30 May 7, 2012
I am a friend too and proud to be one! Shocked this happened at all to both of them. Love them dearly! I still don't think they did it on purpose.
Proud to call her FRIEND

Branson, MO

#31 May 8, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a friend too and proud to be one! Shocked this happened at all to both of them. Love them dearly! I still don't think they did it on purpose.
We've all had times in life when situations get bigger than we are able to control. In this case, it was obviously debt. I don't believe they would wrong anyone on purpose either. I believe he thought the economy would recover and he would get out of this financial mess before ANYONE was affected. Was the decision wrong...YES! Were they out to hurt anyone...NOT FOR A SECOND!

Canton, TX

#32 May 8, 2012
<quoted text>We've all had times in life when situations get bigger than we are able to control. In this case, it was obviously debt. I don't believe they would wrong anyone on purpose either. I believe he thought the economy would recover and he would get out of this financial mess before ANYONE was affected. Was the decision wrong...YES! Were they out to hurt anyone...NOT FOR A SECOND!
Didn't do it on purpose? THEY purposely didn't pay off the large loan and lived off that stolen money for several months. If they didn't want to hurt anyone they should have done the right thing in the first place. Or at least try to fix the problem to avoid jail time, if they would pay it off problem fixed. If they were having financial problems maybe he should have a gotten a job or she get a second job. Instead they chose to live the high life and steal from others to live that way. Shawn and Beth Cone are not victims they made the choice to live this way.

United States

#33 May 8, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't do it on purpose? THEY purposely didn't pay off the large loan and lived off that stolen money for several months. If they didn't want to hurt anyone they should have done the right thing in the first place. Or at least try to fix the problem to avoid jail time, if they would pay it off problem fixed. If they were having financial problems maybe he should have a gotten a job or she get a second job. Instead they chose to live the high life and steal from others to live that way. Shawn and Beth Cone are not victims they made the choice to live this way.
What about the victims? They are out 275k! The Cone's have made no effort to fix the situation!

United States

#34 May 8, 2012
<quoted text> We've all had times in life when situations get bigger than we are able to control. In this case, it was obviously debt. I don't believe they would wrong anyone on purpose either. I believe he thought the economy would recover and he would get out of this financial mess before ANYONE was affected. Was the decision wrong...YES! Were they out to hurt anyone...NOT FOR A SECOND!
They are both wonderful people and would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. They have a strong marriage and a strong faith in the Lord and will survive this!

Canton, TX

#35 May 8, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>They are both wonderful people and would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. They have a strong marriage and a strong faith in the Lord and will survive this!
I'd watch out, that shirt off their back is probably stolen!!

Little Rock, AR

#36 May 8, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>They are both wonderful people and would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. They have a strong marriage and a strong faith in the Lord and will survive this!
Strong marriage? Why did she file for divorce then?

United States

#37 May 8, 2012
guest wrote:
They will survive! From prison!
another friend

Euless, TX

#38 May 8, 2012
Ok enough is enough that is just wrong you have to remember the hurtful things you put on here can do more harm than just to them they have family and a child do not wish horrible things on them . They truly are wonderful good people and I'm very proud to call them my Friends . I know them they will do what is right in the end but hell right now no one will give them a chance or time .

United States

#39 May 8, 2012
another friend wrote:
Ok enough is enough that is just wrong you have to remember the hurtful things you put on here can do more harm than just to them they have family and a child do not wish horrible things on them . They truly are wonderful good people and I'm very proud to call them my Friends . I know them they will do what is right in the end but hell right now no one will give them a chance or time .
They have had plenty of chances to take care of it! Pay the boat off!
liberty bank

Mountain Home, AR

#40 May 8, 2012
How can you people defend them? They have done this with a clear mind. They knew exactly what they were doing, and he has done this with other boats before. Selling them and not paying them off. If you want to play the cool guy/high roller, it may all come crashing down sooner or later. Well, it has. I don't pity him or her at all.
And to the one that said they'd give their shirts of their backs. I'm sure they would, since they don't own them either!!!
Quiksale

Cherokee Village, AR

#41 May 8, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not pick up on sarcasm?
Like someone once told me , NO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baxter County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ark. stabbing ruled justifiable homicide (May '13) Dec 6 tiktik 2
Was right call made in sentencing of Gary Parks... (Jan '14) Nov '14 Mad about it 6
Baxter County woman, 33, found dead in home Nov '14 Jack 4
Man accused of shoving, hitting child charged w... Sep '14 girl 7
Arkansas official wants to change jail uniform Jul '14 Seriously 1
Cracker Barrel coming to town? (Jun '13) Jul '14 John 23
Two MH residents arrested on felony drug charge... (Mar '14) Mar '14 guest 1
More from around the web