Houseboat sale leads to arrest of Mountain Home man

There are 335 comments on the NWAonline story from Apr 20, 2012, titled Houseboat sale leads to arrest of Mountain Home man. In it, NWAonline reports that:

Shawn Gregory Cone, 40, and his wife sold a houseboat to another Mountain Home man for $275,000 in August of 2011, a report from the Baxter County sheriff's office said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NWAonline.

Trenton, TN

#266 Jan 11, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>I seen in a previous post that the jury trial is suppose to start on February 12. Other than that I haven't heard anything. Maybe someone else has some other information.
there's nothing new
Nosey

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#269 Jan 22, 2013
What about the wife? DId they get a divorce? I'll bet she's still pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.

United States

#270 Jan 22, 2013
Nosey wrote:
What about the wife? DId they get a divorce? I'll bet she's still pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.

The divorce will not come up until the criminal side is done.

United States

#271 Jan 27, 2013
What happened to the thread about this in the Jonesboro forum? Did he have it removed?

Mountain Home, AR

#274 Feb 6, 2013
Guest wrote:
He's got nothing! He's broke. He's been borrowing vehicles to leave town. Yet still trying to be in the up crowd. If the up crowd isn't careful he will start taking there crap.
I see he has a new car.
Ollie

Boston, MA

#277 Feb 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
He needs to be more worried about stretching his a$$ out for prison! It will be easy for Beth to turn bull dyke in prison.
Stretch it out huh? That's funny!!! Get it Son!!!!

Yellville, AR

#278 Feb 9, 2013
Are they still going to court on Feb. 12? Is this when they will face a jury?

Belleville, IL

#279 Feb 9, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>I see he has a new car.
Yes he does I saw him n town with a new escalade platinum with cone on back of it

Belleville, IL

#280 Feb 9, 2013
Yes he does I saw him n a new platinum escalade with cone on back of it he must have some money
big shot

Mckinney, TX

#281 Feb 10, 2013
someone is probably leasing for him in their name

Mckinney, TX

#282 Feb 12, 2013
tomorrow is the big day for them!! court day!!!

Yellville, AR

#283 Feb 13, 2013
So has anyone heard anything?

United States

#284 Feb 15, 2013
guest wrote:
So has anyone heard anything?
Anyone? Anything?

Dallas, TX

#285 Feb 15, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone? Anything?
Postponed till may

Yellville, AR

#286 Feb 15, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Postponed till may
Do you know the date in May?

Ash Flat, AR

#287 Feb 15, 2013
Now why am I not surprised. It will never go to court. Beth's parents will bail her out like they always have. She's never had to account for anything in her life.

Conway, AR

#288 Feb 15, 2013
Imagine that! Does anyone want to place bets that NOTHING happens to them? Go to Walmart and shoplift some Chapstick and you will be in court tomorrow. Commit a felony by ripping someone off for more than $200k and you will be taken down to the local car dealership to buy you a new car. Psht! Figures!

Of course, They are INNOCENT until proven guilty.

Yellville, AR

#289 Feb 16, 2013
I will bet with you. Probably nothing will happen except maybe a slap on the wrist. I could never get away with anything like this. I am sure Beth is going to say "I didn't know anything" Even though my husband didn't have a job and a mega huge houseboat. If they don't account for it in court they will have to account to God.

United States

#290 Feb 16, 2013
guest wrote:
I will bet with you. Probably nothing will happen except maybe a slap on the wrist. I could never get away with anything like this. I am sure Beth is going to say "I didn't know anything" Even though my husband didn't have a job and a mega huge houseboat. If they don't account for it in court they will have to account to God.
she threw him under the bus like she does everyone!!

Kemp, TX

#292 Feb 23, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Just found out Shawn and Beth wired over half of the stolen money to one of their friends!
What? omg! Who was it?? if that person knew it was stolen they should be in trouble as well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baxter County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christina Scroggins Trial Apr 25 boo 2
News Murder victim in Midway had recently moved in w... (Jan '13) Apr 14 man 5
News In Arkansas, lawsuit extends holiday season Feb '15 Master Camel Jockey 1
News Was right call made in sentencing of Gary Parks... (Jan '14) Feb '15 babydoll 7
News Man accused of shoving, hitting child charged w... (Jul '14) Feb '15 curious 13
News Ark. stabbing ruled justifiable homicide (May '13) Feb '15 curious 6
News Baxter Co. Jail Inmate Allegedly Caught with Dr... Jan '15 Magnum 3
More from around the web