Was right call made in sentencing of Gary Parks for murder of Dr. Millstein?

Jan 12, 2014 Full story: The Baxter Bulletin 7

In April of last year, Baxter County Circuit Court Judge John Putman reluctantly accepted a no-contest plea from Gary Wayne Parks, of Germantown, Tenn., for first-degree murder in connection with the 2006 stabbing death of Dr. David Millstein, Parks' stepfather.

Read more

“I AM 2 BLESSED 2 B DEPRESSED!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Jan 14, 2014
What I want to know is, why did Ron Kincade (Prosecutor) decide to wait 90 days before getting the information out of Gary? That should have been done when the plea deal was made. And when is Ron Kincade going to get off his butt and add 10 years to Gary's sentence since he didn't talk? Or how about a new trial since Gary didn't keep his end of the deal?

He stabbed Dr. Millstein approx 30 times while the man was asleep in his bed, cut his throat from ear to ear and then tried to set him on fire. And 10 years is enough for that? I think NOT!

Ron Kincade dropped the ball on this case and he needs to make it right.
Tammy

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Jun 6, 2014
Jerri Denise wrote:
What I want to know is, why did Ron Kincade (Prosecutor) decide to wait 90 days before getting the information out of Gary? That should have been done when the plea deal was made. And when is Ron Kincade going to get off his butt and add 10 years to Gary's sentence since he didn't talk? Or how about a new trial since Gary didn't keep his end of the deal?
He stabbed Dr. Millstein approx 30 times while the man was asleep in his bed, cut his throat from ear to ear and then tried to set him on fire. And 10 years is enough for that? I think NOT!
Ron Kincade dropped the ball on this case and he needs to make it right.
WOW, did not know he only got 10 years. Does time served count against that 10 years?
Tammy

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Jun 6, 2014
How do you make a deal; not go through with that deal and still get a lower sentence? Our justice system sucks, they would rather chase after drunk drivers and people texting while driving. Jesus

“I AM 2 BLESSED 2 B DEPRESSED!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 Jun 6, 2014
Tammy wrote:
How do you make a deal; not go through with that deal and still get a lower sentence? Our justice system sucks, they would rather chase after drunk drivers and people texting while driving. Jesus
You can thank big shot Prosecutor, Ron Kincade for that. From what I understand it was his bright idea to wait 90 days before letting Investigators get the information out of Gary about his mother's involvement in Dr. Millsteins murder. I've called his office several times and apparently the big shot Prosecutor doesn't have the guts to return a phone call.

I'm not sure if the 3 1/2 years he spent in jail counts towards the 10 years he has or not...but you can bet your last dollar when he comes up for parole....his sister will be there.

I have a copy of the affidavit where it states that Jane Parks told Michael Parks that she wanted Dr. Millstein dead. It's posted at http://seekingjusticeforjerryparks.blogspot.c... A neighbor of Dr. Millsteins over heard Jane say those words to Mike.
Concerned

Fayetteville, AR

#5 Nov 5, 2014
So, I am curious as to why this topic has seemingly been forgotten? There are many concerns as to what has been missed here. I can not sling mud as to whose responsibility it is, but I know that a murderer is not receiving the proper justice nor is our judicial system benefiting from such leniency. I am disappointed that our media does not do it's job of getting to the bottom of this.
Mad about it

United States

#6 Nov 5, 2014
Concerned wrote:
So, I am curious as to why this topic has seemingly been forgotten? There are many concerns as to what has been missed here. I can not sling mud as to whose responsibility it is, but I know that a murderer is not receiving the proper justice nor is our judicial system benefiting from such leniency. I am disappointed that our media does not do it's job of getting to the bottom of this.
Agreed
babydoll

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Feb 18, 2015
Mad about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed
that's about right my son was murder there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baxter County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Houseboat sale leads to arrest of Mountain Home... (Apr '12) 8 hr curious 335
News In Arkansas, lawsuit extends holiday season Feb 27 Master Camel Jockey 1
News Man accused of shoving, hitting child charged w... (Jul '14) Feb '15 curious 13
News Ark. stabbing ruled justifiable homicide (May '13) Feb '15 curious 6
News Baxter Co. Jail Inmate Allegedly Caught with Dr... Jan '15 Magnum 3
News Driver charged with negligent homicide (Dec '10) Jan '15 GUEST 4
crime Jan '15 curious 4
More from around the web