Bartow Corruption
Info

Acworth, GA

#23 Dec 28, 2010
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>Ex Bartow cop,drug dealer,nephew of Johnny Hunt.Deals drugs and stolen property for one on Bartow finist.goes to jail but never to trial.Friends with Eddie Graham,Basma Guyton,Jon Ross.

Lee Hunt is Carey Millsap's brother in-law. And for those of you that don't no Carey Millsap, he is a Major or something like that at Bartow County Sheriff's Office, and Sheriff Clark Millsap is this Carey Millsaps Brother. Now Carey has been getting Lee Hunt out of trouble ever since he was a teenager. Lee, and a friend of mine back in the time got in some trouble that would have been a Felony Charge, but Carey got both of them out of it. This Millsap bunch is tied in with all kind of Criminals. Most of it involves drug sells. It should be evident by the fact that none of the Millsaps are not overly educated, their just tied in to the right or (wrong) people. I guess it's how ever you look at it. But by collaborating with these criminals, they have circumvented themselves in a position that is capable of covering for these known criminals. The other brother was awarded the title of Fire Chief for Bartow County, over many other qualified people in the department, and he himself had no prior experience that would have qualified him as Chief. Now I hear he is being groomed, as they call it to be the next Commissioner. If you think things are corrupt now just imagine what will happen after he is elected Commissioner
Open Eyes

United States

#24 Jan 6, 2011
I have read the posts here, and hope that the citizens of Bartow County are as outraged as I have been since moving here. Enough is enough! When Investigators for the BCSO protect drug dealers in order for the dealers to sign sworn statements against citizens they want 'out of their way'it is nauseating! Don't think it can't happen to you, either...there is a case going on right now, where a person who was on an electronic ankle monitor is being held on a million dollar bond for armed robbery when the ankle monitor proves he wasn't any where near the crime scene AND has witnesses to his where abouts at the time! The investigator and DA have both stated they will convict him on his previous record, whether he is guilty or not...what part of this says justice to ANYONE in Bartow County?? Be careful who decides you are on 'their list' in Bartow County; you may find that no matter how iron clad an alibi you may have when an allegation is made, in the eyes of law enforcement and the court system in Bartow County, they get to pick and choose who and how the law applies.
cvillebizman

AOL

#25 Jan 8, 2011
More Info wrote:
20. Lastly, I have completed an investigation of Sheriff Millsap’s campaign disclosure reports and will file a State Ethics Complaint with the SEC on Thursday/October 23rd. Very important information is not disclosed and the “ Noble Team” listed on each Campaign Report has been dissolved, earlier this year. One would assume that an accounting firm would understand how to properly file the Reports with complete information provided pursuant to the Ethics in Government Act.
Exhibits are hereto attached along with a copy of the State Ethics Commission Complaint.
Ethics speaks in terms that require treating all other persons on an equal footing.
The Mission Statement of the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.) is to provide the “citizens of Georgia with qualified, professionally trained, ethical and competent peace officers and criminal justice professionals”
Bartow County Sheriff, Clark Millsap, states,“I take great pride in serving as Sheriff of Bartow County and by working together, you and I can make Bartow County a safer place to live”.
The First Amendment provides each citizen the right to “petition the government for a redress of grievances”.
It is the position of the EIGG that government officials and government funds ( taxpayer funds) be monitored on a regular basis because too often, the public’s trust is misplaced and betrayed. It is EIGG’s conclusion from the evidence in our possession that an outside audit/investigation be conducted to secure the taxpayer’s rights/taxpayer’s funds.
I formally request that all Offices listed above inspect the evidence/exhibits hereto attached to this Complaint. I request that the individual/Official that has betrayed the public’s trust be held accountable for their illegal/unethical actions.
Sincerely,
George Anderson
Executive Director
EIGG
I happened across this letter, and thought it would be of interest. I know some would like to write George Anderson off as a nut, but in fact that is the only way they can explain the facts he writes about. But I happen to know that all of these facts are just that they are facts. I just wonder, but suspect that none of these issues were ever followed up on. Face it, those that can and are authorized to do something about these kinds of issues, want because it would be like the Criminals arresting the Criminals. Almost funny if it wasn’t so true, and so serious.
He may be a nut, I don't know him. He is frequently right
cvillebizman

AOL

#26 Jan 8, 2011
Info wrote:
<quoted text>
Lee Hunt is Carey Millsap's brother in-law. And for those of you that don't no Carey Millsap, he is a Major or something like that at Bartow County Sheriff's Office, and Sheriff Clark Millsap is this Carey Millsaps Brother. Now Carey has been getting Lee Hunt out of trouble ever since he was a teenager. Lee, and a friend of mine back in the time got in some trouble that would have been a Felony Charge, but Carey got both of them out of it. This Millsap bunch is tied in with all kind of Criminals. Most of it involves drug sells. It should be evident by the fact that none of the Millsaps are not overly educated, their just tied in to the right or (wrong) people. I guess it's how ever you look at it. But by collaborating with these criminals, they have circumvented themselves in a position that is capable of covering for these known criminals. The other brother was awarded the title of Fire Chief for Bartow County, over many other qualified people in the department, and he himself had no prior experience that would have qualified him as Chief. Now I hear he is being groomed, as they call it to be the next Commissioner. If you think things are corrupt now just imagine what will happen after he is elected Commissioner
"are not overly educated". hmmm. the sheriff has a degree. his brother cary has a degree. how much education do you have? and don't even try to convince anyone that it's in English
cvillebizman

AOL

#27 Jan 8, 2011
Open Eyes wrote:
I have read the posts here, and hope that the citizens of Bartow County are as outraged as I have been since moving here. Enough is enough! When Investigators for the BCSO protect drug dealers in order for the dealers to sign sworn statements against citizens they want 'out of their way'it is nauseating! Don't think it can't happen to you, either...there is a case going on right now, where a person who was on an electronic ankle monitor is being held on a million dollar bond for armed robbery when the ankle monitor proves he wasn't any where near the crime scene AND has witnesses to his where abouts at the time! The investigator and DA have both stated they will convict him on his previous record, whether he is guilty or not...what part of this says justice to ANYONE in Bartow County?? Be careful who decides you are on 'their list' in Bartow County; you may find that no matter how iron clad an alibi you may have when an allegation is made, in the eyes of law enforcement and the court system in Bartow County, they get to pick and choose who and how the law applies.
what case is it where someone who was wearing an ankle monitor is being charged with a crime where the ankle monitor proves he was not there. Name the case please.
Open Eyes

United States

#28 Jan 8, 2011
The case in question is against Curtis Garner, whose brother in law admitted to committing a robbery in Adairsville. Charles Hendrix implicated Mr. Garner, and numerous others, in the robbery. Mr. Garner was arrested and charged with the same crimes as Mr. Hendrix.
BCSO investigator Milner admitted, in the preliminary hearing, he never looked at the monitoring report, even after Mr. Garner advised him that he was on electronic monitoring. The report shows Mr. Garner was out of range for 1 hr and 4 minutes on the morning in question.(The monitor shows Mr. Garner out of bounds if he walks out in his yard, due to the distance between the monitor and receiver.) Mr. Garner lives 37 minutes from the scene of the incident. Investigator Milner also admitted he never checked the distance from the Garner home to the crime scene.
Mr. Garner didn't have time to drive there and be back in the time the monitor showed him out of bounds. Mr. Garner also has sworn testimony from his neighbors that he was in the carport, talking to them until approx. 5:07 am, concerning a tree that was leaning toward their house from the Garner's property and their concerns about it falling during the thunderstorms on the morning in question.
The incident report from the robbery, filed by the responding officer, showed his arrival on scene at 5:19 am.

Basic investigatory skills would have upheld or broken his alibi, yet those skills were admittedly not employed by Investigator Milner. The investigator took the statement from Mr. Hendrix who had already violated parole, was facing additional new charges, and had stated a dislike for Mr. Garner to numerous parties, and did not take the necessary steps to verify the statement. Guilty until proven innocent seems to be the motto of the investigators in Bartow County.
Yep

Cartersville, GA

#29 Jan 8, 2011
More Info,you are right with your statements,But no one seems to want the Sheriff.They are happy with the ones they got(good press)Maybe he traded (framed)a couple of people to get off the hook.Something to think about ain't it?
trueblue22

Dallas, GA

#30 Oct 26, 2011
what about that blonde girl that lee ran with, didnt she get busted finally on a traff and manuf charge i heard he strait rolled on her and then he covered up his written statements with some bs story about a routine traff stop??? i hear she has a lot of trouble awaiting her
concerned

United States

#31 Nov 8, 2011
Is there anything currently being done about this? Its absurd and insane. How the [email protected] does a town get away with corruption at this levlel. Come on town folk were sick and tired and highly cncerned. The innocent get convicted and folks murdered? Its covered up and the corruption runs slap up thru the highest officials, the ones supposed to be protecting us??? Right??? I sure hope this issue is properly addressed. The innocent and citizens etc shouldn't haVe to live in fear.
Welcome

United States

#32 Nov 13, 2011
concerned wrote:
Is there anything currently being done about this? Its absurd and insane. How the [email protected] does a town get away with corruption at this levlel. Come on town folk were sick and tired and highly cncerned. The innocent get convicted and folks murdered? Its covered up and the corruption runs slap up thru the highest officials, the ones supposed to be protecting us??? Right??? I sure hope this issue is properly addressed. The innocent and citizens etc shouldn't haVe to live in fear.
WELCOME to Barrow Co.
betuwishuknew

Atlanta, GA

#33 Nov 19, 2011
proof wrote:
So you mean Billy Lancaster(guy who sold them the bag dog that got officer shot ). The one who was on the News? And Lee Fletcher was the officer at the time. Thank you so much for your time. Let's openly discuss these cases anytime you feel free. I could use the info and the county needs to read this as well. So any other cases you can help on? How bout other crooked police chases? What about Tony Hall? Do you think BUll was guilty? What about Deputy Woody , Known for street racing with his buddies on Busch Drive then hunting down others to get drug arrests and dui's, and simply harass those he does not like. Any news on anything else? This will be Looked Into. Thank you so much.
deputy woody, or jeremy woody is a crook
John Doe

Norcross, GA

#34 Dec 8, 2011
I would like to know why co one has been arrested for shooting at Zak Freese,Uriah Freese and Will Gaglione while they were kayaking on the Etowah river just past hardin bridge back in June 2011.They have identified the vehicles and the house that the men came from.Are they personal friends with someone on the force or do they have the right friends in the right place.
Tami Simmons

Cartersville, GA

#35 Dec 18, 2011
I believe there is corruption in all cities and all states.JMO , I have very good friends on diff forces, and they too are embarressed by the behaviors of superiors.Enless you want to become their prey....... well If enough of it becomes exposed brought to light things will have to be delt with. Send all you have to a reliable source at the papers.They love a good story, espec when it is true!!
New news

United States

#36 Jun 14, 2012
So folks are saying there is nothing new to bring up. Here it is since the last election.
Family Business

Atlanta, GA

#37 Jun 15, 2012
Info wrote:
<quoted text>
Carey has protected Lee for years. Lee usae to be a cop years ago before he was busted for selling steroids while working with the CPD. All the Milsaps in law enforcement at the time was working for the CPD when Lee was let go. Lee has continued his run for years under the protection of his brother in law Carey with support from Clark.
Bartow Pal

Woodstock, GA

#38 Jun 17, 2012
Bull was found nt guilty.
Bartow Pal

Woodstock, GA

#39 Jun 17, 2012
Lee was hanging out with a convicted sex offender naed Bobby Duk and both were arrested for possesion of meth, Duck is in prison, no chages on Lee. Makes you wonder??
Voter

East Peoria, IL

#40 Jun 18, 2012
Bartow Pal wrote:
Lee was hanging out with a convicted sex offender naed Bobby Duk and both were arrested for possesion of meth, Duck is in prison, no chages on Lee. Makes you wonder??
Carey Milsap is married to Lee's sister. Carey's bedroom life would not be so good if Carey didn't loose the evidence to prosecute her own brother.
Retired

Lawrenceville, GA

#41 Oct 30, 2012
A lot of folks are wanting others to stand up on this forum, but your on a forum using made up screen names? Why would anybody take you serious if your scared to voice it openly. You must not be as fed up as you claim, anyone can write things on here but it's considered cowardly, everyone knows this is a gossiping joke, face it this forum is the equivilant of writing on a bathroom wall.
victim

Rex, GA

#42 Nov 8, 2012
Tami Simmons wrote:
I believe there is corruption in all cities and all states.JMO , I have very good friends on diff forces, and they too are embarressed by the behaviors of superiors.Enless you want to become their prey....... well If enough of it becomes exposed brought to light things will have to be delt with. Send all you have to a reliable source at the papers.They love a good story, espec when it is true!!

Freedom of the press does not apply in Bartow County news papers. I wish it did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartow County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Principal removed from Trinity School, hired by... (May '15) 13 hr Not gay 65
News Former captain with Bartow County sheriff's off... (Feb '08) Jan 14 TRUTH 188
News Murder trial tops court docket (Jan '16) Jan 12 Ambam 9
News Police car thieves arrested in Haralson County Jan 10 Mimi 1
Bartow county Defcs (Mar '15) Jan 1 Brittany 6
News Shop with a Hero still needs donations to meet ... Dec '16 Mrs. Scrumpty 2
News Cartersville Gas Department to have new home Nov '16 jo jo whites 1
More from around the web