Former captain with Bartow County sheriff's office pleads guilty to embezzling funds

Feb 28, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dalton Daily Citizen

Submitted by the U.S. Attorney's Office ROME - Brenton James Garmon, 36, of Cartersville, Georgia, pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal district court to embezzling approximately $80,493 in public funds that ... via Dalton Daily Citizen

Comments
1 - 20 of 186 Comments Last updated Oct 6, 2013
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Joining the club

Kennesaw, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 29, 2008
 
Poor Brenton, He has to go to fed.prison. The hardest thing he has to worry about there "DO I PLAY GOLF OR TENNIS TODAY".Why didn't they just slap his hand and go home and don't do this anymore?
another subject

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 1, 2008
 
Joining the club wrote:
Poor Brenton, He has to go to fed.prison. The hardest thing he has to worry about there "DO I PLAY GOLF OR TENNIS TODAY".Why didn't they just slap his hand and go home and don't do this anymore?
Exactly, if it would have been anyone else they would have got at least 10 years. He's worse than the criminals he arrested.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
doc

Missoula, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 1, 2008
 
Well this time he will get the screwing instead of the public.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 1, 2008
 
doc wrote:
Well this time he will get the screwing instead of the public.
Can't say I won't be glad. Don't drop the soap Garmon.
curious george

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

MSO4, do you think we will be able to get decent people voted into office this November? I mean people whose family tree branches?

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Don't count on it. Probably get more of the same.
curious george

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 5, 2008
 
Thats depressing
just 4 thought

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

The $80,000 was the mistake on Garmon's poor paper trail. I bet there's a whole lot more missing than what the audit showed. What about cash seizures that never made it to the bank. Probably went from bad guy to pocket huh. Garmon and Milsap were also very close. Seems to me the Sheriff protecting his on well being and threw his buddy to the wolves. Thats okay though, "what comes around, goes around" and I bet the Sheriff gets his in the end. Have fun in the pen Little "G".
curious george

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Somebody thats NOT the inbred crowd in Cartersville PLEEEEEEZ run for Sheriff.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

curious george wrote:
Somebody thats NOT the inbred crowd in Cartersville PLEEEEEEZ run for Sheriff.
That will make the list quite a bit smaller!
Point2Bmade

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

I have been in law enforcement for years and worked under more than 5 agency leaders. Each and everyone had strong points and weak points, leadership in law enforcement requires God, determination, intelligence, and desire. I firmly believe in Millsap as Sheriff. I do work for him. Until I have a reason not to believe in those traits in him, I will continue to give him my support and dedication. Make your own decisions based on facts, not hearsay.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 5, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Point2Bmade wrote:
I have been in law enforcement for years and worked under more than 5 agency leaders. Each and everyone had strong points and weak points, leadership in law enforcement requires God, determination, intelligence, and desire. I firmly believe in Millsap as Sheriff. I do work for him. Until I have a reason not to believe in those traits in him, I will continue to give him my support and dedication. Make your own decisions based on facts, not hearsay.
Sounds cult like to me, but hey if you say he is a good man, well then to each his own.
curious george

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 6, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Point (mother Milsap) don't forget we ALL have to answer for the wrong we do. Even if Bartow doesn't catch on to the crookidness of Milsap, the big guy upstairs will get him. Bartow Sheriffs dept. is a joke within the law enforcement world and I believe YOU KNOW THAT.
ruby1

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 7, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Point2Bmade wrote:
I have been in law enforcement for years and worked under more than 5 agency leaders. Each and everyone had strong points and weak points, leadership in law enforcement requires God, determination, intelligence, and desire. I firmly believe in Millsap as Sheriff. I do work for him. Until I have a reason not to believe in those traits in him, I will continue to give him my support and dedication. Make your own decisions based on facts, not hearsay.
The facts are He lost 80thousand dollars in county tax money while fishing in Bama.
curious george

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 7, 2008
 
Tell us more ruby!!!!
RUBY4U

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

IT'S ALL ABOUT BACK SCRATCHIN AND FAVORS. INCOMPETENCE AND INBREEDING. WHOOYA!
John Holmes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 9, 2008
 

Judged:

2

That Rutledge Deputy that retired because of the "Black Mold", Ecoli, Staph and 400 inmates smoking and circulating secondhand smoke,sewage running in open drains and air conditioning ducts, the fresh air and filtration systen had
been inoperatable for 15 years and is STILL BROKEN.

Two of the three (one deputy and one Inmate) who were exposed to Tens of Thousands of spores of Black Mold, have had serious Heart Attacks. Both victims were in early 40's. We don't know about the third. Rutledge being the deputy that had the serious heart attack, if he dies after the sheriff has known about these conditions for years, you can bet Sheriff Milsap will be tried for MURDER!! Have a nice day, Sheriff.

justthefacts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 14, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

What Garmon did was the same thing that they are letting all of the other investigators do know. All they care about is getting a snitch to tell on someone else and make them a C.I. and give them a free pass to do drugs and never get caught.Old Cheeks and his boys are still taking confiscated money and beating people up and nothing happens.Maybe some bureau above them will step in and straighten them out.
curious george

Woodstock, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 14, 2008
 
What other investigators? And what is C.I.? Who is old Cheeks?
cgg

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 18, 2008
 
County and city invesitgators, CI- criminal informant, Leslie Cheeks- head of Drug unit for Cartersville Police Dept.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bartow County Discussions

Search the Bartow County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Adairsville Officer On Leave After Fatally Shoo... Jul 22 Super Star 2
Jones resigns as APD chief Jul 20 Super Star 17
Bartow TOXIC CANCER CLOUD Jul 11 Bartow TOXIC CANCER CLOUD 1
What is up with the Missing Men in Bartow/Chero... (Sep '07) Jul 11 anonymous 59
Bartow Corruption (Dec '10) Jul 11 Bartow TOXIC CANCER CLOUD 53
Cartersville ranked best Ga. city to live in Jul 5 cartervillian 11
(ATLANTA) Two "Pill Mill" Owners Sentenced Jun '14 My Opinion 1
•••
•••