Cartersville High tackles report of student bullying

Aug 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Tribune News

Several cars parked Thursday at Cartersville High School display messages, such as a oeBow Down,a which was also allegedly printed on stickers and passed out to underclassmen at the school.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Throwing soft cheeses

Buford, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

My experience has been that the ones that are getting bullied are fat and ugly, super nerds, are too scared to fend for themselves, or by allowing it to bother them encourage more of the same. While I don't condone this type of behavior by or against anyone, the people that are so called "victims" and their parents could do a lot to prevent themselves from being targets. I also think that sometimes people mistake good natured ribbing and light hearted hazing for bullying.
Parent

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Throwing soft cheeses wrote:
My experience has been that the ones that are getting bullied are fat and ugly, super nerds, are too scared to fend for themselves, or by allowing it to bother them encourage more of the same. While I don't condone this type of behavior by or against anyone, the people that are so called "victims" and their parents could do a lot to prevent themselves from being targets. I also think that sometimes people mistake good natured ribbing and light hearted hazing for bullying.
You're kidding, right? I was one of those who dealt with the "good natured ribbing" for being a nerd. It ended the day I put one of the "light hearted hazers" through a windshield in the school parking lot, in front of all his "good hearted friends". The behavior you're talking about starts at home, WITH THE PARENTS. If I find out your kid is messing with mine, I'm coming after you. It is the kids fault, but ultimately it's you, the parent, who is responsible. BTW, the popular jock that went through the windshield is now an Asst Mgr in a fast food restaurant while the "nerd" has a high six figure career. Ain't life grand!!!!
Cass high grad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

What do you expect from those pric ks at Cartersville High. They are just a bunch of spoiled litte biatches. The girls are pretty bas as well.
LULU

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

maybe getting their a--es kicked a couple of times would teach these cowardly thugs a lesson. warnings and expulsions aren't going to do a thing. they need to be charged with a crime, and if they are on teams or cheerleading they need to be kicked off their teams for the school year.
Parent

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

LULU wrote:
maybe getting their a--es kicked a couple of times would teach these cowardly thugs a lesson. warnings and expulsions aren't going to do a thing. they need to be charged with a crime, and if they are on teams or cheerleading they need to be kicked off their teams for the school year.
Lulu, you're absolutely right. I hadn't thought about taking it to that point, but if you take away their support group, they won't have anyone to "show off" for.
Hmmmmm

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding, right? I was one of those who dealt with the "good natured ribbing" for being a nerd. It ended the day I put one of the "light hearted hazers" through a windshield in the school parking lot, in front of all his "good hearted friends". The behavior you're talking about starts at home, WITH THE PARENTS. If I find out your kid is messing with mine, I'm coming after you. It is the kids fault, but ultimately it's you, the parent, who is responsible. BTW, the popular jock that went through the windshield is now an Asst Mgr in a fast food restaurant while the "nerd" has a high six figure career. Ain't life grand!!!!
You sure have a vivid imagination and you're obviously full of it. Sounds like you should be writing screenplays for Lifetime Original Feel Good movies instead of wasting your obvious talent making posts on topix. None of this is true, of course, but if it were my only concern would be for the poor sap who had to buy a new windshield because you couldn't resolve your problems without violence.

you
Parent

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure have a vivid imagination and you're obviously full of it. Sounds like you should be writing screenplays for Lifetime Original Feel Good movies instead of wasting your obvious talent making posts on topix. None of this is true, of course, but if it were my only concern would be for the poor sap who had to buy a new windshield because you couldn't resolve your problems without violence.
you
Sorry if I gave you the impression that I was irresponsible. I had to replace the windshield ($200) and I was suspended for a week. It was the best money I ever spent.
Not a Nerd

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2010

Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how all you nerds brag about how tough you were in high school. Let me guess, nerd. That never happened. I'll bet you Rock at D&D though.

Did you have a 240sx with twin 10's in high school? Didn't think so. Did you bang TWO hot girls on prom night? Didn't think so.

Keep bragging nerd because it makes me laugh.
Parent

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2010

Not a Nerd wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how all you nerds brag about how tough you were in high school. Let me guess, nerd. That never happened. I'll bet you Rock at D&D though.
Did you have a 240sx with twin 10's in high school? Didn't think so. Did you bang TWO hot girls on prom night? Didn't think so.
Somehow you've mistakenly gotten the impression that I care what you think. You sure are showing your age with that Dungeons and Dragons comment though, when were you in high school, the 70s?
I would imagine that you are one of those former HS sports heroes who now has a 44 inch waist and a beergut, reliving the glory days from your LazyBoy recliner with the faux leather.
By the way, how is the new BuckDouble selling for you?
Student of Cartersville

Athens, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

As a former student of Cartersville High School I would like to say that I never viewed this as bullying. In fact is was more like a right of passage and somewhat of a tradition. No one I saw ever looked upset to be pointed out as a freshman because they would be able to pass out sticker or whatever when they became Seniors. This is not a school wide thing that happens everyday, just a way of celebrating the first days of school and dies down afterwards.
By the way, I never participated in the activities I was just viewing from the outside.
Not a Nerd

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Student of Cartersville wrote:
As a former student of Cartersville High School I would like to say that I never viewed this as bullying. In fact is was more like a right of passage and somewhat of a tradition. No one I saw ever looked upset to be pointed out as a freshman because they would be able to pass out sticker or whatever when they became Seniors. This is not a school wide thing that happens everyday, just a way of celebrating the first days of school and dies down afterwards.
By the way, I never participated in the activities I was just viewing from the outside.
It's not bullying, Student. It's a bunch of nerds complaining because their pencil protectors and and calculators might get messed up. You teachers won't tell you this, but it is much more important to be cool than to have the best grades around. Employers want people who are cool and aren't nerds. That doesn't mean you can totally blow off school, but a cool guy with a C average will make more money and have a hotter looking wife than a nerd with an A average. Don't let these nerds convince you otherwise.
Amazed

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Not a Nerd wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really sad that you think the highlights in your life were having large speakers and having sex with two women on one night.
Not a Nerd

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2010

Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really sad that you think the highlights in your life were having large speakers and having sex with two women on one night.
You sound like a nerd who has never owned a car with a ramped up sound system. How many times have you banged to hot chicks on one night, nerd? Let me guess....zero!
I see

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Not a Nerd wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not bullying, Student. It's a bunch of nerds complaining because their pencil protectors and and calculators might get messed up. You teachers won't tell you this, but it is much more important to be cool than to have the best grades around. Employers want people who are cool and aren't nerds. That doesn't mean you can totally blow off school, but a cool guy with a C average will make more money and have a hotter looking wife than a nerd with an A average. Don't let these nerds convince you otherwise.
There is some truth to this rant.
Amazed

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Not a Nerd wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a nerd who has never owned a car with a ramped up sound system. How many times have you banged to hot chicks on one night, nerd? Let me guess....zero!
Actually, my first car was a souped up Nova with a great sound system...and no, I've never 'banged' two hot chicks on one night....since I wore the dress on prom night!
Remembering

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, my first car was a souped up Nova with a great sound system...and no, I've never 'banged' two hot chicks on one night....since I wore the dress on prom night!
Mine was a Formula Firebird 400 with the twin snorkel hood. Man, weren't things so much easier then?
Not a Nerd

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

Amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha. That is so gay.
crayzee

Adairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

PARENT I so totally agree with you.
And you guys with the hot wives. I bet she is having s*x with your best friend right there behind your back. And what STD's did you get from doing it with more than one?

Question is- can you keep your woman happy now???????

He He
I see

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

crayzee wrote:
PARENT I so totally agree with you.
And you guys with the hot wives. I bet she is having s*x with your best friend right there behind your back. And what STD's did you get from doing it with more than one?
Question is- can you keep your woman happy now???????
He He
Sounds like something that only a fat jealous chick would say. When you go after hot wives, you're a jealous fatty. Go get you a chicken biscuit at Martin's! You'll feel better.
Not a Nerd

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2010

I see wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like something that only a fat jealous chick would say. When you go after hot wives, you're a jealous fatty. Go get you a chicken biscuit at Martin's! You'll feel better.
Exactly what I thought. Jealous fatty. BTW, I still have a smoking hot wife, but that doesn't stop me from getting a little something on the side, just like in high school. Some things never change, like Nerds and Fat Girls complaining about being Nerds and Fat Girls.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bartow County Discussions

Search the Bartow County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bartow Corruption (Dec '10) Apr 11 Common Sense 50
Former CPD officer arrested on molestation charges (Jun '12) Mar 29 Nodoginthefight 64
Deputies involved in deadly shooting in Bartow ... (Nov '12) Mar 28 John Holmes 191
shame on bartow police: no justice for dog "bea... Mar 28 John Holmes 2
Bartow Cop Shooting (Mar '10) Mar 28 John Holmes 189
Ambulance Carrying Injured Trooper Overturns Mar '14 Ralph 2
bill evans running in next sheriffs election (Aug '09) Feb '14 Bobs blight 7
•••
•••
•••
•••