Fire Department
Concerned Citizen

Cartersville, GA

#1 Oct 7, 2013
It has come to my attention that Bartow County Fire Department is operating with two firefighters per unit, whereas neighboring departments are operating with 4+ firefighters. It also has come been brought to my attention that Bartow Firefighters are some of the lowest paid around at 9.66 an hour, Cherokee County for instance makes well over 11.00 an hour. Would you support more manpower and higher pay for the Firefighters that serve and protect our county?
mike hawk

Fayetteville, GA

#2 Oct 11, 2013
They make more then 9.66. You have been misinformed!
Taxpayer

Cartersville, GA

#3 Oct 19, 2013
The "Great Chief Milsap" informed Commissioner Taylor that there are 3 firefighters per truck. Which is a lie, sometimes there Is only 1 person on a truck. I agree they are underpaid but let's get them some better leadership and then some better pay. Also if Chief Milsap would quit purchasing equipment that is not needed and put his money into manpower it would help out. All stations have several trucks, pickups, boats, and they've even got a school bus to haul their not enough manpower in.
Mercenary

Cartersville, GA

#4 Nov 4, 2013
manpower is dependent of station location and call volume.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bartow County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bartow snitches and the snitch list sent out Sep 22 lazyd114 4
Bartow Corruption (Dec '10) Sep 5 A Mother 61
LakePoint Sports Basketball Leagues Aug '16 Gus2525 1
News WHS student arrested after bringing revolver to... Aug '16 Jonny Ka$h 9
News Tate salutes judicial system Aug '16 Scrumpty 9
News Vendors sought for Cartersville Bluegrass & Fol... Aug '16 Bartow borned 2
News Principal removed from Trinity School, hired by... (May '15) Aug '16 Cosmo 63
More from around the web