Body Found Near I-65 Related To Missing Persons Case

Jul 15, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WRTV Indianapolis

A body found Wednesday morning near Interstate 65 in Bartholomew County is related to a missing persons case, state police said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
mr i hate austin

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

i hope its our paul graupe we need to bring him home...and put the sick people who killed him behind barsfor what they did..to him so please let this be paul graupe.
An old friend

Rock Hill, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

the body is belived to be that of Dwight Sprague, who has been missing since June 14th. The body had no head but several personal items of Dwight were found near the body, which the family ID'd as his. The police announced this past weekend that they believe it to be Dwight, but are waiting on dna tesing. Since our family is connected to the Sprague family through marriage, we knew it was probably Dwight from the first day they found the body.
Something To Think About

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

Dwight Sprague, well lets see not a whole lot to talk about is there other than his filthy rich brother took care of him. How ever knowing a few people my self that work in and around the area, the body was found in say that a couple guys were seen going into that field exactly on the date you mentioned "An old Friend", and another individul the day before. They drove right across Red Roof Inn / KFC's grass into that field. One said they know people work on the bill-board out in that field for Dwights brother but who knows honestly. Well sorta odd the most important part of his body be missing! Most likely the part tht will tell the most. The part that would most likely say what happened to him. Has anyone talked to the two fellas seen going out in that field?
Megan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

"Well, lets see not a whole lot to talk about is there other than his filthy rich brother tood care of him"?? R serious? I don't think you know who took care of him or what his finacial situation..WHICH DOESN'T MATTER! What a thing to say about someone who has recently disappeared and found dead! Whats wrong with you.
Dwight was a very close friend of mine, who i loved and miss.
Hopefully the persons responible will be found and held responsible, and anybody with useful information will come forward.
Something To Think About wrote:
Dwight Sprague, well lets see not a whole lot to talk about is there other than his filthy rich brother took care of him. How ever knowing a few people my self that work in and around the area, the body was found in say that a couple guys were seen going into that field exactly on the date you mentioned "An old Friend", and another individul the day before. They drove right across Red Roof Inn / KFC's grass into that field. One said they know people work on the bill-board out in that field for Dwights brother but who knows honestly. Well sorta odd the most important part of his body be missing! Most likely the part tht will tell the most. The part that would most likely say what happened to him. Has anyone talked to the two fellas seen going out in that field?
An Old Friend

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

To Something to Think about...Dwight has been mixed up in drugs and had a drinking problem, so the police have told the family they think it is drug related. Dwight & a woman were checked into the Red Roof Inn, and according to the police, the woman (who said she was his wife) left him by the pool to go run an errand. The desk clerk stated that 15 mins after she left, a man came into the hotel and stated he had come to pick Dwight up to take home. The clerk would not give him info on Dwight, however, the man saw him at the pool. This is the story the family has been told by the police. Also, Dwight was on disability from Cummins, where he had worked for around 16 yrs...and knowing his brother, Rick, I doubt that he gave Dwight anything! Dwight may have went downhill as far as his lifestyle, but at one time he was a decent, caring man. Like Megan, I think you are a heartless, bitter person to say what you did!
Just So You Know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

This is to all of you that think you know what happened. YOU DON'T! There were tire tracks leading to the tree Dwight was found at. He just didn't stumble there by far. A lot went on the day he was reported missing and a lot went on just before that honestly would turn your thoughts up side down ! It is something that will be left for the police to discover....and not put other people in danger! TRUST ME IT DIDN'T HAPPEN LIKE YOU THINK! WHEN THE COPS COME TO TALK THE BIRD WILL SING LOUD AND CLEAR!
Tttttttttt

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

I just wanted you to know that Dwights filthy rich brother did not take care of him!!! You couldnt be farther from the truth! Dwight mad his own money and worked very hard to make sure he was taken care of ....he never depended on anyone especially his brother!!!! Sure he had his problems who doesnt.But he was a good guy with one of the biggest hearts i have known...he will be deeply missed and never forgotten!!!
Tttttttttt

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

By the way you are totally right old freind!!! Except that he drank...However im glad to see that people that actually know what their talking about post...Not idiots with no heart like Glen!!!
Tttttttttt

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

Im sorry i ment Megan....
Tttttttttt

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2010

Judged:

somthing to think about....your the a hole....I cant even think straight so im getting off here and mourn with out all of this bull.
Jamie A Sprague

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2010

Judged:

I was married to Dwight for 18 years and I too hope the body is that of Paul Graupe! I hope Dwight is on a beach somewhere drinking a white russian enjoying life. Sadly though my heart tells me different! Although we divorced just this year, I believe the body does belong to Dwight because Dwight loved me so unconditionally that he would swim any ocean climb any mountain to make sure that I'm okay! Life is rough without him and if he could, he would fix it! Everyone makes choices in their life and Dwight and I both had many opportunities to have it all, sadly poor choices were made. His brother helped him out more times than I can count. I just pray that the identity is verified soon so everyone can have some closure, especially his son and daughter.
Sharon and Boys

Bloomington, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

My Heart goes out to you Jamie,
haven't seen you in years,couldn't believe what I was reading,saw Dwight once at circle k I ask how you doing? and hows Jamie the kids? He said they are doing great.
My son Andy couldn't remember you both,but called their dad to let Santino know,of course he remembered you,he was like 5yrs old then when you both cared for them while I worked.hes now 19yrs old
Our Hearts,and Thoughts goes out to You and Your Family.
An Old Friend

Rock Hill, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2010

This was posted in The Republic, Columbus, In newspaper yesterday:
"TAYLORSVILLE — The remains of a human body discovered in July near Interstate 65 and U.S. 31 have been identified as belonging to a Columbus man.
Dwight Sprague, 58, was identified using dental records, Bartholomew County Coroner Allen Smith said Friday.
The cause of Sprague’s death and the manner in which he died remain under investigation"
Jamie...I met you once when my husband and I brought our boat to Dwight to be worked on when you lived in Columbus. Dwights sister, Angie, was married to my brother years ago and they have a son, Jason. My prayers and thoughts go out to you and Dwights children.
Kim G

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

We also knew Dwight...went to church with him and his earlier family...Linda and the boys. We know of his heart and his struggles...choices made that were good and bad. Dwight knew who the Lord was. He knew of a heaven and a hell. We know how much he loved his son. We never knew his daughter. I am sure he loved her, too. We will miss Dwight. Even though we hadn't seen him in several years, once you have a church family like we were, you don't forget those who you grew to know and love. We will always remember Dwight always working on his cars to keep them running! I will always chuckle thinking of Dwight smoking his cigarettes after church service. It was good knowing you, Dwight. May you be with your Creator.
Something to think about

North Salem, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

This is going to be an end to the damn conspiracy. Not a one of you have a clue. Hear say is bull shit. I don't care if you knew him or not. So before you use the word idiot turn your body to a mirror. Not a one of you knows what went on the day prior to his disappearance. I do though. I know a lot. Shit that can blow your mind and make you think...There is a lot that's not being told or mentioned that should. Once it does hell will be the price paid....Let's just say Dwight didn't walk to that MullBerry tree and he also didn't just wonder off...Mud caked with grass also shouldn't be on a top of the line Porche either......I will not post much do to respect but most of you should bite your lip before calling someone idiot
the rest of the story

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Just come out with it dude, we know that Dwight was a miserable drug addict and more. Why don't you just share what you know instead of tossing out teasers. Enough of this!
Something to think about

North Salem, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Teasers! Were not playing clue here. Nor should you be fishing . Your right Dwight had his problems but thats far and between the answers you want to hear. Isn't it Mr. Fisherman!
Something to think about

North Salem, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

So maybe you should begin to think before your hear say hunch takes over and you speak. Just remember this he was found in an area no one goes except a few people. Utility meter reader and two goons that worked on the billboard owned by the one and only JRPromotions / aka Sprague Co. The goons were at that billboard the day of and days prior to Dwights mysterious disappearance. To my understandings neither one has been talked to by authorities. However, there is reason to believe the two may know of information that can help this matter out.
The Rest Of Your Story

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Doesn't anyone have anything else to say? Is this a closed topic! Come on people, we know the entire truth isn't being expressed and someone has a huge weight on their chest. At some point that weight is going to cave in. I think its close to happening honestly!
The Rest Of Your Story

Peoria Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Anybody at all have anything else to add to this thread? Just remember we are a month away from the anniversary of a horrific accidental/suicidal death and or a very, very well hidden homicide. I truly believe the mystery behind it all will surface within the next few months.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bartholomew County Discussions

Search the Bartholomew County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prosecutor: No rush to file homicide charges ag... (Jun '13) Feb '14 CLEAN LIVING 13
Columbus man faces drug charges (Oct '12) Oct '12 1Ndone 3
2nd installment of property tax payments due (Oct '12) Oct '12 Farmer columbus twp 1
What's next for former foundry? City seeks inpu... (Oct '12) Oct '12 MHutson 1
Murder Charges Dropped in Columbus (Aug '09) Sep '12 jim hendry 10
OPINION: Hope aims to bring tourists to county (Jun '12) Jun '12 brian mcclain 1
Wreck leaves 2 city residents critically injured (Nov '11) Nov '11 HMM 2
•••
•••
•••
•••