Sex At Barren County Middle School

Posted in the Barren County Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Upset Parent

Glasgow, KY

#1 May 20, 2008
Let me start off by saying that I am the parent of a straight A student at BCMS. She is not allowed to go and do like a lot of the kids her age because I feel like kids are doing way too much these days and that's me trying to keep my daughter safe, with that being said I have always been told that whatever my child got into was my fault and responsibility which I would agree to USUALLY. In the last few days I have learned that while at school during school hours my daughter and a boy somehow got out of class on several occasions and met in the bathroom and had sex,when I learned this and tried to keep from loosing my mind I was told by the school that she was such an academically advanced student that they just never thought anything of her missing in class. We are currently waiting a couple weeks to do another pregnancy with the Dr. and she is not in school at this time, nor will she be back this year due to her irresponsibility and the school's inability to watch after their students the straight A students and the straight F one's, now I am being told by the school that if she doesn't return to school I will be in court. A lot about this really irritates me to say the least, so I guess I am just looking for some opinions as to if she's my responsibility while at home then whose is she while at school.
whattttttt

Glasgow, KY

#2 May 20, 2008
sounds like to me we all need to check into what our kids are doing AT SCHOOL
Upset Parent

Glasgow, KY

#3 May 20, 2008
this is true and you would think the school is the last place you would have to worry about a kid having sex.
Shelly

Glasgow, KY

#4 May 25, 2008
I think you should get an attorney (Immediately!)
Do not hesitate & DO NOT LET THIS ISSUE GO. This is Your child, Not the schools.
You have the right to teach your child at home.
Both students should be examined by a physician for STD's etc.,
There seems to be nothing sacred any more, No one waits for marriage,
This is so sad, the so called going thing, is if you're seeing each of other as a couple it is automatically assumed that you are having or will be having sex.
The school most certainly does & should have a responsibility in this matter.
Don't allow them to jerk you around.
You have rights, and your child has rights,
Hold your head up, and tell your child they aren't the first & more then likely will not be the last, at the same time this is NOT acceptable behavior on the students part nor the schools.
What will be next

Horse Cave, KY

#5 May 31, 2008
Upset Parent wrote:
Let me start off by saying that I am the parent of a straight A student at BCMS. She is not allowed to go and do like a lot of the kids her age because I feel like kids are doing way too much these days and that's me trying to keep my daughter safe, with that being said I have always been told that whatever my child got into was my fault and responsibility which I would agree to USUALLY. In the last few days I have learned that while at school during school hours my daughter and a boy somehow got out of class on several occasions and met in the bathroom and had sex,when I learned this and tried to keep from loosing my mind I was told by the school that she was such an academically advanced student that they just never thought anything of her missing in class. We are currently waiting a couple weeks to do another pregnancy with the Dr. and she is not in school at this time, nor will she be back this year due to her irresponsibility and the school's inability to watch after their students the straight A students and the straight F one's, now I am being told by the school that if she doesn't return to school I will be in court. A lot about this really irritates me to say the least, so I guess I am just looking for some opinions as to if she's my responsibility while at home then whose is she while at school.
I feel for you with this unfortunate situation with your middle school daughter. Schools are supposed to be safe spots and that certainly wasn't the case with your daughter. If it's not drugs it's sex now - unbelieveable. It sounds like Barren Co. Middle School officials have let you down and will try to shift the blame off themselves. That's one of the big drawbacks of going to schools with large numbers of kids. You can get too large, and it's hard to monitor them as they should be. I certainly wish the best for you and your family. I sure would get me an attorney - sounds like you may need one before it's all over. The school system has deep pockets. Good luck.
Upset Parent

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jun 19, 2008
Yes, i have contacted a attorney and was told basically that if she wasn't pregnant and didn't have a disease that there was not a whole lot I could do, that just seems like a h*ll of a price to have to pay in order for them to take responsibilty granted i am so happy that "at this time" we have not had either one of those problems to arise Thank God but what happens when the next girl's family (and i say family because that's who will have to raise a child a 14 year old can't even get a real job) isn't so lucky then the school "might" be at fault, it just seems like there should be something we could do before this happens to someone else's CHILD.
Want to Know

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jul 22, 2008
Let me ask some questions. Did she ask to go to the restroom? Would you be mad if she wasn't allowed to go to the restroom? Do you think they told the truth about what they were going to do in the restroom? Why is this the school's fault? Just wondering. I understand that you are upset, but do you really think that adults would "allow" this to happen? We have to sometime realize that our kids will lie to get what they want.
unsure about upset

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jul 26, 2008
Is this true? I find it hard to believe, especially since I haven't heard anything about it anywhere except here. Seems like if kids were really having sex in the bathrooms all the kids would be talking about it, and parents would be hearing about it and discussing it too.(it would be on the Glasgow topix site!) I don't much think a mom would want to be the first one to post something about it if her child was involved. Sure is a weird thing to make up, tho.
Concerned Parent

Edmonton, KY

#9 Jul 26, 2008
I don't know if the middle school has cameras, but the elementary schools do, you would think that if they did, this would have been caught, especially if it occured more than once? However, the school systems spend alot of money to hire teacher assistants and so forth, I think it would be a great investment to put some of that money on hiring hall monitors. Since this happened at the school, then IT IS THE SCHOOL'S FAULT!!!! Just as if it were to happen in the parents house, who would be held responsible--The Parent.
rather not say

Glasgow, KY

#10 Jul 29, 2008
well my..

I have heard all kinds of stories like this about making out in the halls..but think about it? kids smoke all the time in the bathroom and they all ways get caught..

but sex? I mean? what are cameras going to do? honestly most the time? people don't even watch the videos...

so idk about this but.. not many people would say..hmm kids might have sex in the bathroom lets put cameras in there..
country girl

Glasgow, KY

#11 Jul 29, 2008
if your so upset you can always home school her. its a very simply process. id be more upset where she chose to have sex, then being mad about the teachers not catching her.you would be suprised what teachers overlook, like bulling, she chose to have sex, kids beening bullied around and picked on dont choose that. an you wouldnt believe how its overlooked. kids can be very cruel. thats what needs to be looked at
upset Parent

Glasgow, KY

#12 Aug 3, 2008
First of all yes this would be a VERY WIERD thing to make up and i couldnt imagine the type of person that would but I can assure you it's NOT me, this situation DID happen and the school is very aware of it however i cannot see them advertising it to anyone in fear that they would loose students in turn would loose funding also. So with that being said yes MY child is responsible for her own actions and i am not too blind to think she is this innocent angel who will never do wrong,but what makes me the most irritated at the school is that they (BCMS principal and Trojan Acadamy's principal) told me that had my daughter not been such a wonderful student and a straight A student they might have watched her closer and not given her the run of the school unmonitored and that really p*sses me off, this leaves me wondering if my child was a trouble maker or was flunking they might watch her a little better. I would rather my child have failed a year in school rather than to come home pregnant or with a disease WHY DO I HAVE TO CHOOSE I should be able to send my child to school to get an education without her comming home a statistic !!! And Yes lots of the students know about this and say it isn't the first time it's happened it's just the first time someone's gotten caught. As far as the camera's go they said they do have camera's in all the hallways and that they were just having trouble finding the tape where they were on it going into the bathroom and had my daughter and the boy not admitted to this then they couldn't really do a lot about it. They also let me know that they couldn't have someone monitoring the halls at all times, but they would see that in the comming year she wouldn't be allowed to go to the restroom alone nor be left unattended at any time, why all of a sudden do they have extra staff to babysit her now i wonder?
my goodness

Glasgow, KY

#13 Aug 4, 2008
That's awful. I know you must be dreading her going back to school in a few days. Will she still be at the middle school? What about the boy, will he be there too? I think a lot of times middle schools do give students that age too much freedom. Some of them look like grownups, but they're still just little kids, and they need monitoring pretty closely.
the blind truth

Bath, MI

#14 Aug 5, 2008
my brothero barren middle last year...the teachers where always watching or around him because he had been thought of as a "bad" student...he really wasn't he has ADHD and got teased about it until he got mad and finally just went off...my point is that the teachers need to STOP following these "bad" students and open their F*cking eyes to see whats going on around them
upset Parent

Glasgow, KY

#15 Aug 9, 2008
this is a lot of my point they sterotype too easily and ought to give the same treatment to each and every student wether their "cool" or not smart or not it should be equal treatment even if my daughter gets her a** ripped sometime obviously she deserves some of the rippings.
upset parent

Glasgow, KY

#16 Aug 11, 2008
?
idontknow

Glasgow, KY

#17 Sep 2, 2008
some people might be suprised at what goes on in our school system
upset parent

Glasgow, KY

#18 Sep 3, 2008
some people might but after this not me.
idontknow

Glasgow, KY

#19 Sep 3, 2008
nothing would suprise me about the school systems around here....
The Ends of Times

Ingalls, IN

#20 Sep 4, 2008
Not all children are brought up in moral homes. Therefore we have to protect them from the low class children that enter the schools. If ALL parents taught their children good morals and were good examples, we wouldn't have to worry about our children in school, or anywhere for that matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barren County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlotte Woodcock? Jun 24 Dory 1
News "Operation Fall Harvest" Leads to Several Arrests (Oct '10) Jun 21 myob 14
does anybody know where corey gulleys at Jun 2 hot blondie 1
Gastric sleeve surgery May 31 Lori 1
Barren County Music Forum (Jan '13) May '16 Musikologist 11
News Barren County Drug Bust (Jun '15) May '16 Was Chance in on ... 5
Red Cross Music Thread May '16 Musikologist 2
More from around the web