Baldwin County teacher quits over cheating allegation

May 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Alabama Live

A Loxley Elementary sixth grade teacher has quit and faces a state review over an accusation that she helped students cheat on a standardized reading test, Terry Wilhite, Baldwin County school system spokesman, said Thursday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Concerned Parent

Summerdale, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

I have only one question... Why isn't the principal being held responsible for this? Miller HAS taught at a school in Mobile county and was not renewed because she was a poor teacher and employee. The Loxley principal KNEW this and STILL hired her! I am pretty sure it was because her father is the PE coach. Miller was often late, left early, and didn't teach. Was she not ever observed by the principal? This is just another example of "who you know" and not about hiring the most qualified. Miller SHOULD lose her certification and the principal should be removed from the school. There are too many unemployed teachers who would do an amazing job, unlike Miller and Loxley administration.
Not too shocked

Summerdale, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2012

Ramey is a poor excuse for a principal. My child attends Loxley and I have heard over and over again how unhappy the teachers are. This negative environment is not a good place and I will not send my child there next year, even if I have to move to a new district. I am sure nothing will happen to Ramey. She has gotten away with being a poor excuse of a principal this long.
Give me a break

Summerdale, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Is no one in the Baldwin County school system taking notice here? There is a reason Miller cheated. She did not teach. I agree that she got the position because of her PE teacher father, but the administration allowed her to stay there. What is going to happen to these six graders that everyone knows are very far behind academically? Oh, they will go to the seventh grade and the pain of trying to teach these kids will be passed on to the middle school.
This school is full of so much more scandal than just this. I just wish someone would have the guts to stand up and speak to the powers that be. There is a major issue here that needs to be addressed instead of blaming NCLB.
Take notice and start talking if you want change. I have certainly voiced what I have seen, so let's see if anything begins to change. Step one: Fire Ramey!
loxley parent

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

dear teacher aka(give me a break, not too shocked,concerned parent) it is so obvious who you are, dont blame the school for your shortcomings as a parent and teacher, just because you dont take responsibility for your inability to parent effectively or teach, you want to blame everyone else. if you are adult enough, list your name and phone number and dont try and hide behind the anonimity of a forum

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••