Sweet Peppers Deli Comes to the Alaba...

Sweet Peppers Deli Comes to the Alabama Gulf Coast

There are 4 comments on the QSR Magazine story from Nov 27, 2007, titled Sweet Peppers Deli Comes to the Alabama Gulf Coast. In it, QSR Magazine reports that:

Sweet Peppers Deli, a Mississippi-based franchise, plans to enter the Gulf Shores, Alabama market in April 2008. via QSR Magazine

Join the discussion below, or Read more at QSR Magazine.

Fallon Evans

United States

#1 Feb 5, 2008
What a great atmosphere with awesome food i cant wait. They have the best menu!!!!!!!!!!
Janet Harting

Robertsdale, AL

#2 Jun 19, 2009
Everything at Sweet peppers in Gulf Shores is HORRIBLE and unsafe to eat.
Food is left out for 4+ hours that would normally require refridgeration. The owner dips while making food and puts his spit cup where the sandwiches are made... Once I saw it spill and he just wiped it up with a dry cloth.(NO SANITATION AT ALL)
I've seen a cockroach in a piece of bread which luckily I found before a customer did. They seem to always have customers complain of bugs and hair in the food as well.
Once the bug problem was so bad that the owner (27 year old) sprayed aerosol bug spray all over in the kitchen with the tops open on the sandwich and salad toppings. Didn't even bother covering it up, not to mention the fact that spaying anything like that in a kitchen isn't allowed by the health department.
All in all, the food would be good if you stole the recipes and made it fresh at home but don't expect anything fresh from Peppers.
Also, if you insist on eating during lunch, you might want to ask your boss for an extended lunch. They are ALWAYS understaffed and food can take 20-30 minutes from around 11-2.
(THIS IS ONLY ABOUT THE GULF SHORES PEPPERS. I don't know anything about the other locations.)

Foley, AL

#3 Jan 18, 2010
They are closed now...you don't have to worry about the bugs anymore.
what a shame

Foley, AL

#4 Jan 18, 2010
It is a shame that people would take to heart a comment left by a disgruntled employee. It is an even bigger shame that because an employee was so horrible at their job they were terminated and decided to go around posting lies. Apparently no one ever reviews these comments. It is sad that the restaurant did close. They were one of the best in town. Also they never had less than a 96 on their health inspection so I guess that should have told you something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baldwin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police dog dead after being left in hot car Jun '15 36542 1
News Judge: "No one understands the difficulties the... Jun '15 waaa 1
News Thomas Hospital seeking donations for new birth... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Cathy 1
News Classes in closets: Why Gulf Shores Elementary ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 User Name 1
News Gulf Shores couple makes history as first same-... (Feb '15) Feb '15 SocialCleanser 3
Hydropoinc farming in Baldwin County yields fre... (Jan '15) Jan '15 James Gordo 1
News Foley man indicted on criminal sex abuse charge... (Jan '15) Jan '15 mossy seaman 3
More from around the web