Krispy Kreme Opens in Foley

Krispy Kreme Opens in Foley

There are 40 comments on the NBC 15 Online story from May 26, 2011, titled Krispy Kreme Opens in Foley. In it, NBC 15 Online reports that:

Baldwin County's first Krispy Kreme doughnut shop is open on Highway 59 in Foley, and it's cranking out hot doughnuts at a rate of 200 an hour.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 15 Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Give Me A Break

Foley, AL

#21 Jun 8, 2011
ArdvarkMaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I have a reason to shop in Wal-Mart, you'll be somewhere else.
Good, you are the reason I'm willing to pay more for food at Publix. Oh, don't forget to leave your cart in the middle of the parking lot like all of the rest of the lazy, inconsiderate Rednecks.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#22 Jun 8, 2011
Doughnut Lover wrote:
I am so glad they FINALLY put a store in Baldwin County. I grew up with Krispy Kreme and still love them. However, I have learned restraint over the years. I now only eat one and it is just once in a while.
They are still colon cloggers but not as bad as before when they put lard and palm oil in the mix. They got caught in the government trans fat expose and cut-back. They are great when still warm and just think; We still have a little tiny portion of every Krispy Kreme in us that we ever ate. Unfortunately, it's all in our arteries. Enjoy!!!
Give Me A Break

Foley, AL

#23 Jun 8, 2011
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>They are still colon cloggers but not as bad as before when they put lard and palm oil in the mix. They got caught in the government trans fat expose and cut-back. They are great when still warm and just think; We still have a little tiny portion of every Krispy Kreme in us that we ever ate. Unfortunately, it's all in our arteries. Enjoy!!!
I love a good doughnut more than the best cop on the night beat but, I refuse to pay 99-cents for a Krispy Krematorium doughnut that takes me a pint of soap to wash the grease from my hands after eating one and, like you, can only imagine the residue from their grease-ball doughnuts that is clogging-up every part of my body. Maybe FastFred thinks he is going to live forever but I know that I won't and refuse to hasten that day by eating Krispy Kremes.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#24 Jun 9, 2011
Give Me A Break wrote:
<quoted text>
I love a good doughnut more than the best cop on the night beat but, I refuse to pay 99-cents for a Krispy Krematorium doughnut that takes me a pint of soap to wash the grease from my hands after eating one and, like you, can only imagine the residue from their grease-ball doughnuts that is clogging-up every part of my body. Maybe FastFred thinks he is going to live forever but I know that I won't and refuse to hasten that day by eating Krispy Kremes.
It doesn't matter if it's K.K. or Dunkin Doughnuts, still has the same effect on your body, it just taste's better when you do it with K.K.
Give Me A Break

Foley, AL

#25 Jun 9, 2011
FastFred wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter if it's K.K. or Dunkin Doughnuts, still has the same effect on your body, it just taste's better when you do it with K.K.
I agree and that is one reason I don't eat too many doughnuts of any kind but, when I want to risk my life, I do it by enjoying the World Famous Dunkin Doughnut. Oh, have you noticed that the Krispy Kremeatorium's parking lot and carry-out window has very few cars anymore. I knew that once the locals got burnt by having to pay 99 cents for their cheapest puff-ball doughnut that they would not return and that would only leave the out-of-towners to support them. I know that will be enough for them to stay in business and keep another building from being boarded-up which is a good thing. If they lowered the price of a single doughnut to 50-cents, I might even consider stopping in once again but at the current price of 99-cents, NO WAY.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#26 Jun 9, 2011
Give Me A Break wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and that is one reason I don't eat too many doughnuts of any kind but, when I want to risk my life, I do it by enjoying the World Famous Dunkin Doughnut. Oh, have you noticed that the Krispy Kremeatorium's parking lot and carry-out window has very few cars anymore. I knew that once the locals got burnt by having to pay 99 cents for their cheapest puff-ball doughnut that they would not return and that would only leave the out-of-towners to support them. I know that will be enough for them to stay in business and keep another building from being boarded-up which is a good thing. If they lowered the price of a single doughnut to 50-cents, I might even consider stopping in once again but at the current price of 99-cents, NO WAY.
They are still busy as usual, I have been once at nite and once in the day time, there is no lack of customers,and I have meet a few locals there that I know each time. Give it ole Buddy, K.K. will be here fo ever.
Give Me A Break

Foley, AL

#27 Jun 9, 2011
"I have meet a few locals there that I know each time."

But, have you met the same locals each time or are they first and last customers like myself?

Since: Jun 09

Gulf Breeze, FL

#28 Jun 9, 2011
Give Me A Break wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, you are the reason I'm willing to pay more for food at Publix. Oh, don't forget to leave your cart in the middle of the parking lot like all of the rest of the lazy, inconsiderate Rednecks.
Actually, I believe it's the inconsiderate carpetbaggers who leave the carts in the middle of the parking lot. They made the North unlivable and now they want to do the same down here.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#29 Jun 9, 2011
Give Me A Break wrote:
"I have meet a few locals there that I know each time."
But, have you met the same locals each time or are they first and last customers like myself?
We don't care if you buy from K.K. or not, there are plenty of locals who will buy a good product and keep them going.
Give Me A Break

Foley, AL

#30 Jun 9, 2011
"Actually, I believe it's the inconsiderate carpetbaggers who leave the carts in the middle of the parking lot. They made the North unlivable and now they want to do the same down here."

No, I've watched them and they have curly ears like all inbreds and no teeth--they are Southern Rednecks for sure.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#31 Jun 10, 2011
Give Me A Break wrote:
"Actually, I believe it's the inconsiderate carpetbaggers who leave the carts in the middle of the parking lot. They made the North unlivable and now they want to do the same down here."
No, I've watched them and they have curly ears like all inbreds and no teeth--they are Southern Rednecks for sure.
You know what? You fit the mold of a ignorant "Yankee", Like I told you before,the Interstates are still open!
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#32 Jun 10, 2011
The state has installed yankee back-flow preventers on our roads. The $hi& flows down from the North and can't get back out!!

Gulf Breeze, FL

#33 Jun 15, 2011
Give Me A Break wrote:
You always seem to be sitting around in parking lots (K.K., Publix, Wal-Mart). Should we be looking for you on some weird sex offender list from Yankee-Land?
Give Me A Break

Foley, AL

#34 Jun 15, 2011
ArdvarkMaster wrote:
<quoted text>
You always seem to be sitting around in parking lots (K.K., Publix, Wal-Mart). Should we be looking for you on some weird sex offender list from Yankee-Land?
No, but if you search a little, you just might be able to find me listed in a Mensa Directory. Of course, I doubt that you are able to do that kind of search.

Gulf Breeze, FL

#35 Jun 22, 2011
Give Me A Break wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but if you search a little, you just might be able to find me listed in a Mensa Directory. Of course, I doubt that you are able to do that kind of search.
So you purchase ad space to talk about your creepy hobby of hanging out in parking lots of stores you don't shop in?
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#36 Jun 22, 2011
ArdvarkMaster wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I believe it's the inconsiderate carpetbaggers who leave the carts in the middle of the parking lot. They made the North unlivable and now they want to do the same down here.
Not so, I have seen the people who unload their groceries into their 1956 Ford pickups that haven't been washed since they bought them at a Rt. 59 2nd-rate used car lot and noticed that they have only one or two teeth and curly ears like the ones who I remember seeing in the film "Deliverance". These human imitators are definitely not Yankees since Yankees go out of town to find a mate that is not their immediate cousin.
Focker

Foley, AL

#37 Jun 23, 2011
I'm not much into doughnuts but once in a while I enjoy one with a good cappuccino.
TTown

Bay Minette, AL

#38 Jun 25, 2011
Focker wrote:
I'm not much into doughnuts but once in a while I enjoy one with a good cappuccino.
I would love to have a good cornetto with a cappuccio.
Focker

Foley, AL

#39 Jun 30, 2011
TTown wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love to have a good cornetto with a cappuccio.
Gelato tricolori .
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#40 Jun 30, 2011
Focker wrote:
<quoted text>
Gelato tricolori .
Make mine Black but fill it up to the top. I don't need Krispy Kreme to only fill it up 1/2 way under the pretense that I will need a half of the cup for my Kreme. Who is kidding who? The only thing good about Krispy Kreme is that they are sucking a lot of money in from the tourists and adding to our tax base. Fortunately, the locals know better than to spend 99-cents for a puff-ball filled with air and coated with sugar slime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baldwin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police dog dead after being left in hot car Jun '15 36542 1
News Judge: "No one understands the difficulties the... Jun '15 waaa 1
News Thomas Hospital seeking donations for new birth... Mar '15 Cathy 1
News Classes in closets: Why Gulf Shores Elementary ... Mar '15 User Name 1
News Gulf Shores couple makes history as first same-... Feb '15 SocialCleanser 3
Hydropoinc farming in Baldwin County yields fre... (Jan '15) Jan '15 James Gordo 1
News Foley man indicted on criminal sex abuse charge... (Jan '15) Jan '15 mossy seaman 3
More from around the web