Snowman.jpg

Nov 23, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lenoir News-Topic

Large inflatable snowmen, nicknamed "Frosty" by their respective owners, are used to tout the businesses at tree lots for Mountain Top Fraser Fir and Roten Brothers Tree Farms.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Oh Come On

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Judged:

You have got to be kidding me!
This is rediculous! Get a life City of Lenoir!

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Wow, even I have to say, that's bullshit.
makesmemad

Forest City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

someone said the city of Lenoir is going to charge the lot owner 50 dollars a day.I will be going by to help him pay the fine for one day that has to be the dumbest thing I hae ever heard off.Everyone should call the ciy office and complain .Heres a man trying to make a living .I guess he should be like a lot of deadbeats and sit on his but and wait for the mailman to bring his check.
makesmemad

Forest City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

city.
CALDWELL BA

Fayetteville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

IF CITY OFFICIALS HAVE NOT GOT THE E-MAIL YET THAT STATES, "THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS CITY ANYMORE." LET ME BE THE FIRST ONE TO TELL YOU F*&CKERS, "THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS CITY ANYMORE." WHO WANTS TO COME TO THIS CITY AND SPEND MONEY. WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO BRING BUSINESS AND CUSTOMERS TO THE CITY, LENOIR TRIES TO SHIT THEM EVERY CHANCE THEY GET. I AM NOT THE BRIGHTEST PERSON IN THE WORLD, BUT EVEN I CAN SEE THAT THIS GOD FORSAKEN CITY IS ON ITS WAY TO BECOMING ANOTHER WEST VIRGINIA. MARK MY WORD. IN ANOTHER 10-15 YEARS THE CITY OF LENOIR WILL NOT EXIST, BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING HERE TO OFFER ANYHONE. OH, WE WILL HAVE NICE ROADS BUT NO F(*$KING WHERE TO GO. SO, LEAVE THE POOR CHRISTMAS TREE FARMERS ALONE AND LET OUR CHILDREN ENJOY CHRISTMAS BEFORE THEY ALL GROW UP AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE. MAYBE IF THE CITY WOULD INVEST IN ANOTHER GREAT ART PIECE LIKE THE GIGANTNIC "BUTT HOLE" WITH THORNS HANGING OUT OF IT THAT IS PROFESSIONALLY DISPLAYD ON HARPER AVENUE PEOPLE MAY COME AND SPEND MONEY TO SEE IF THE THING REALLY FARTS. OH, LETS NOT FORGET THE WONDERFUL PIECE OF WORK ON WEST AVENUE WHERE THE MAN IS HOLDING HIS PENIS IN HIS HAND AND BENT OVER LIKE HE IS GOING TO GET A RECTAL EXAM OR SOMETHING ELSE. NOW THAT SAYS ALOT ABOUT THE CITY.
Jason

Pinehurst, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

What kind of idiots is running the city of lenior now??? This frosty has been there for several years and I know alot of people who go up there with their kids to see him and get their tree. Who elected scrooge???????
LenoirSucks

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

and so does CCSO!!
Knitter9

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

A real story such as hundreds of thousands of dollars missing from an embezzlement by Amy Greer Morgan, sex scandals, Swingers groups at our expense and all idiot Onesorge reports on is an inflated snowman. Onesorge read your email dufus, some former sheriffs office sent you information....oh yeah, the sheriff tells u what to do.
whatever

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Frosty is not hurting anything. It looks a lot better than that big circle of rock or whatever the hell that thing is. Take that ugly thing down.Take note who these fine people that were elected in recently are so you will know to get rid of them the next go around. They need a real job if this is how they spend their time.
fluck this town

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Go F&*k yourself City of Lenoir and the Newsless Topic. Go F&*k yourself Nathan Key you f&*king coward, same goes to that red headed freak Bailey city manager.

Maybe the city can screw some more small businesses in this one dead horse town. The piece of crap City of Lenoir and the State DOT ran him off from selling tree's in their right away several years ago... a right of way they didn't use for anything. I suppose that big cock ring downtown at the old Blackwelder property doesn't violate any city policies. Hey Bailey thanks for wasting 100+ thousand dollars on those damn weeds at Smith Crossroads... we needed that garbage.

Thanks for covering the important issues Newsless Topic/gutless pu**y Nathan Key. I guess ole' Frosty and Mr. Smith doesn't have you in his pocket like those freaks at CCSO that have embezzled hundreds of thousands of tax payer dollars.

Maybe swingers clubs are the new revenue bringer for the city now... oh wait they shut the one down that wasn't ran by the Sheriff.

Well fluck you all to all a flucked night.
really

Union, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Just what we needed, more anti-small business sentiment spread across the news. Of all the issues with the economy, scandals and important news ,Lenoir News Topic and Charlotte news channels opt to attack the story on Frosty. Professional journalism my a$$. It is absolutely ridiculous that the city even makes an issue of this, they should be glad someone is actually trying to conduct business in this little deteriorating town. Maybe the owner should have placed a small plaque in front if it saying in honor of broyhill, google, or caldwell memorial , then the city officials would have given a business grant and had an official ribbon cutting for frosty with the news channels and LNT lined up, waiting to tell how great they are.. lol
Mr Grinch u suck

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

I think the owner should pack up and start selling just outside the city of Lenoir. Screw these morons if they don't want his business in Lenoir. I also would like to know how the "Giant Cock Ring" lol in downtown doesn't violate the same policy. Oh wait that is supposed to be art the city sent thousands on. Shame on the News Topic for covering this and not the scandal at ccso, all my family and friends have stopped subscribing, I did long ago.

Carolina Watchdog

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

First the politicians go after the Crucifix, Nativity scenes and now Frosty. Of course the guys got free advertising on channel 3 they could never have been able to afford.

Ya know there has to be a limit to pushing the law...where has commom sense gone in this country....almost like everyone is determined to make their way the only way and everyone else is way wrong.

God help us - cats & dogs are running the show!
hmmmmm

Newton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

So we let two "seasonal" non taxpaying businesses not have to abide by the rules that the taxpaying businesses do? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

How about we just let every business put up a giant inflatable along 321 and Hwy 18, that will really make our town look fantastic.

Oh and if they do decided to go just outside of town, don't go to Hudson, they are worse than the city about things like that.
easy now

Lebanon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Carolina Watchdog wrote:
First the politicians go after the Crucifix, Nativity scenes and now Frosty. Of course the guys got free advertising on channel 3 they could never have been able to afford.
Ya know there has to be a limit to pushing the law...where has commom sense gone in this country....almost like everyone is determined to make their way the only way and everyone else is way wrong.
God help us - cats & dogs are running the show!
Dogs have more sense than these people, don't insult dogs that way.
makesmemad

Forest City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

hmmmmm wrote:
So we let two "seasonal" non taxpaying businesses not have to abide by the rules that the taxpaying businesses do? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
How about we just let every business put up a giant inflatable along 321 and Hwy 18, that will really make our town look fantastic.
Oh and if they do decided to go just outside of town, don't go to Hudson, they are worse than the city about things like that.
It wouldn't bother me one bit to see a giant inflatable if a busines will only keep it up for say 5 weeks.Are there not more thing to worry about.If the city want to keep the plae neat start with the street comming into town.Those people have trash all in their yards .Porchs falling off .Hoods off cars.Now witch one trash goes or Frosty.
Screeeewge U

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

hmmmmm wrote:
Non tax paying you say. I suppose the property and home that Mr. Smith owns and operates as a commercial business out of doesn't count, the business license he pays for doesn't count, the NC and local sales tax he collects and pays doesn't count. I wouldn't give a damn if they were 100 inflatable frosty the snowmen up and down 321-18, it would be better than the crap hole fast food joints and run down dilapidated factories that dot the landscape.

Your argument is like saying "hey dont make this cemetery look depressing" "its fun and exciting". Is Hudson the only thing outside of Lenoir? That hell hole is probably the only place more Backwards than Lenoir, I consider Hudson a town like I consider Whitnel or Valmead a town lmao.
well

Ellenboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

I agree with hmmmmm. Regardless if they pay taxes or not. If there is a city ordanance then EVERYONE should abide by it. If you let one person put one up for 5 weeks then any business that wants to put one up forever will have grounds to do so. The only part of this story I find ridiculous is the fact that it's a story! A business gets a fine for violating an ordanance....happens all the time! That's like reporting that someone got a ticket for 67 in a 55! Useless news!
makesmemad

Forest City, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

well wrote:
I agree with hmmmmm. Regardless if they pay taxes or not. If there is a city ordanance then EVERYONE should abide by it. If you let one person put one up for 5 weeks then any business that wants to put one up forever will have grounds to do so. The only part of this story I find ridiculous is the fact that it's a story! A business gets a fine for violating an ordanance....happens all the time! That's like reporting that someone got a ticket for 67 in a 55! Useless news!
Hes paying thr fine so get over it.

“Try to enjoy the ride.”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

well wrote:
There is no one saying that anyone should get special treatment. I think we ll agree that if one person has to follow a law, we should all have to follow it. The problem I think that everyone is having is that this is an arbitrary ordinance. One that really serves no purpose other than to generate revenue for the city. Were they truly concerned about safety, they would force him to take it down, period, not say "Well ok, keep it up... but pay us."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Avery County Discussions

Search the Avery County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Trash Thu yep 2
Crazy Avery County Deputies driving like lunatics (Nov '11) Apr 16 Hipfan 45
duck dynasty Apr 16 Hipfan 2
PW Glidewell For Commissioner Apr 16 Hipfan 2
Avery's Best looking moms Apr 14 Ray Storie 3
DoodPritchard (Jul '13) Apr 12 Kim Doods sister 3
Newland authorities investigate homicide after ... Apr 2 twittly dee 26
•••
•••