Man Facing Child Sex Charges in Augusta

Man Facing Child Sex Charges in Augusta

There are 28 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 30, 2013, titled Man Facing Child Sex Charges in Augusta. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Vanzant has since moved to Texas, but investigators say he made arrangements through his attorney to return to Augusta County, and turned himself in on Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dabann

Scottsville, VA

#1 Apr 2, 2013
No coments????
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Apr 2, 2013
another one from augusta
must be somethin in the air
dabann

Scottsville, VA

#6 Apr 2, 2013
huck wrote:
another one from augusta
must be somethin in the air
and its not just in Augusta.... It is called world stupidity.
Lynchburger

Hamilton, VA

#8 Apr 2, 2013
Hardly a "man". More like stunted adolescent pervert. Hope he gets a long sentence and a nasty roommate.
Aubrey

Waynesboro, VA

#9 Apr 2, 2013
As a paid fire fighter and father of a daughter himself (not information in the news release but from personal knowledge of his family) he should have known better and acted accordingly.... Disgusting and disheartening!!!
AmyL

Silver Spring, MD

#10 Apr 2, 2013
I wish the law would call it what it is: "rape." And I wish the reporter would have characterized this as something other than "having sex with."
oh my god

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Apr 2, 2013
And to think this person could have shown up at your door in your time of need
I know you oh my god

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Apr 4, 2013
oh my god wrote:
The man should be tried in a Chinese style court.. Out to the court yard, bullet to the head and then his family gets the bill
Careful...The computer you wrote these comments on, keeps "oh my god" in the name section of the comments. Just an FYI
Anonymous

Saint Albans, WV

#14 Apr 6, 2013
"rape" you have no clue what your talking about, this was not rape !!
Wake Up

Waynesboro, VA

#15 Apr 6, 2013
1pink101gray101 wrote:
"rape" you have no clue what your talking about, this was not rape !!
What would you call it then???
He was 28, she was 13!!!
1pink101gray101

Waynesboro, VA

#16 Apr 6, 2013
Wake Up wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you call it then???
He was 28, she was 13!!!
You were not there how would you know it was rape?! You dont know so mind your own business!!
Allee LaLaie

Maineville, OH

#18 Apr 8, 2013
stupid dummy
figures

Newport News, VA

#19 Apr 8, 2013
lets be clear that he was a "volunteer" firefighter.
Clarity

Stuart, VA

#20 Apr 8, 2013
1pink101gray101 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were not there how would you know it was rape?! You dont know so mind your own business!!
Okay, so what if it wasn't involuntary sex? The issue at hand is that an adult took advantage of a situation he should have walked away from. What didn't happen was the thought, "Hey, this girl is young. She might not know how this experience is going to affect her life beyond this moment, in years to come. Maybe I shouldn't do this with her." Even if it was consensual sex, he trespassed against someone who doesn't have the real life experience of learning from one's mistakes to base such a momentous decision. That is why there are laws in place that SHOULD prevent a rational, intelligent, un-selfish adult, who acts as an adult with the best interests of young people in mind, from doing this with a child, consenting or not. I believe someone has already posted the VA Code. He robbed some parents' cradle, and it is inexcusable and abhorrent, and hopefully he won't get the chance to to this to another young girl, consenting or not.
MFF 61

United States

#21 Apr 9, 2013
To be clear. He was a career firefighter for Augusta. He was no longer a volunteer firefighter when he got hired. And you weren't there so you all need to mind your business.
Aubrey

Richmond, VA

#22 Apr 9, 2013
figures wrote:
lets be clear that he was a "volunteer" firefighter.
Actually he was a PAID firefighter for the county of Albemarle when this crime was committed.
Anonymous

Richmond, VA

#23 Apr 9, 2013
MFF 61 wrote:
To be clear. He was a career firefighter for Augusta. He was no longer a volunteer firefighter when he got hired. And you weren't there so you all need to mind your business.
Would it matter if he were a Catholic bishop? His status as a firefighter, paid or not, has nothing to do with his status as a child molesting firefighter.
Hmmm

Newport News, VA

#24 Apr 16, 2013
It's not true the girl has already admitted to lying and has done time in a juvenile jail for this.
Wake Up

Richmond, VA

#25 Apr 17, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
It's not true the girl has already admitted to lying and has done time in a juvenile jail for this.
So Hmmm, what exactally do you know about this casse as all court proceedings have been held behind closed doors as the young lady you are referring to as a "liar" is a minor???

Either:

A) You are an officer of the court and are breaking confidentiality.....

or

B) You are a friend of this poor excuse of a man.....

I think we ALL know which it is!

So rather than ignorantly (lacking in knowledge or eduction)defend Kevin, while you vilify this young lady who has already been vicitimized, why don't you just leave this up to the courts who have ALL of the information to decide the validity of the charge.
Clearly Kevin would not be in jail had the poilce and Commonwealths Attorney not have ample evidence against him.
Hmmm

Newport News, VA

#26 Apr 19, 2013
So your telling me that it's okay to send an innocent man to jail? Is that really how you raise your children too? Just remember the man you talk bad about today is the man that would run into a burning building to save your ass, your families asses & that beloved pet of yours..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Augusta County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Department Corrections Nov '17 Failed Leadership 1
Hugh Cassell Security (Sep '17) Sep '17 Hugh Cassell Secu... 1
Farm Use Vehicles (Jul '17) Jul '17 TurkeyChick 1
Black BMW Road Rage (Jul '17) Jul '17 Black BMW Road Rage 1
Prison Officers Alone (Jun '17) Jun '17 Prison Officers A... 1
Augusta Correctional (May '17) May '17 Augusta Correctio... 1
Officers Work 84 Hours (May '17) May '17 Officers Work 84 ... 1