Man Arrested for Molesting 2 Children

Man Arrested for Molesting 2 Children

There are 24 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Aug 31, 2009, titled Man Arrested for Molesting 2 Children. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

An Augusta County man accused of molesting a pair of young children is in jail. Twenty-eight-year-old John Robert Kilgore faces two felony counts of aggravated sexual battery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Palmyra, VA

#1 Sep 2, 2009
I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THESE MOLESTERS ARE ALWAYS GETTING A SMACK ON THE HAND & PUT BACK INTO SOCIETY TO CONTINUE DOING THESE THINGS TO INNOCENT CHILDREN!! IT MAKES ME SOOOO ANGRY!! THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IS PLAIN OUT PATHETIC!! ONLY IN AMERICA!!
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Sep 2, 2009
This crap has been going on for eons, what I don,t get is where are the mothers or the fathers, I,m fur sure not a violent person, quite the opposite, but I would not blame anyone for incurring grave bodily harm on these maladjusted people. I doubt a jury would find someone at fault should an upset parent lose control.Frankly I wouldn't care, and I'd be the one to call 911, telling the dispatcher that I just dispatched a pervert.
lovingthedysfunc tion

Wirtz, VA

#3 Sep 3, 2009
In most cases of molestation the perpetrator is someone the family knows and trusts, and often wins the childs silence through threats to them or their family. Why does our justice system give these bungholes the benefit of the doubt, we'll never know but with elections coming up I would like to see this issue make it's way to the front. The guy or gal who provides stricter laws to protect my children from these monsters has got my vote. Our sexual predators laws need alot of reform and revising.
lovingthedysfunc tion

Wirtz, VA

#4 Sep 3, 2009
PS: And another thing that peeves me is that with the creeps being shuffled through our system, they then become "educated abusers" and quickly learn to use the laws meant to protect society to thier advantage. We need a just and efficient justice system with laws that cannot be manipulated and contorted to protect the very people who break them.

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Sep 3, 2009
lovingthedysfunction wrote:
PS: And another thing that peeves me is that with the creeps being shuffled through our system, they then become "educated abusers" and quickly learn to use the laws meant to protect society to thier advantage. We need a just and efficient justice system with laws that cannot be manipulated and contorted to protect the very people who break them.
YOU ARE SOOOOO RIGHT!!!

United States

#6 Sep 3, 2009
The charges against John Robert Kilgore, III, have been dropped due to a lack of evidence, specifically the "unavailability" of a complaining witness, according to the Augusta County Commonwealth's Attorney. True to its myopic, lightweight form, NBC29 has not sought to run this piece of news, despite being fed the information by Tony Gonzalez, the crime reporter for the News-Virginian, Waynesboro's daily newspaper. More pathetic are the morons who have maligned this man, who have expressed the desire to kill him, and who are now wordless in their apologies and nowhere to be "found". Shame on all of you! I can only imagine their even more pathetic attempts to explain their words and actions to Jesus on Judgment Day...
Debbie Mac

Waynesboro, VA

#7 Sep 4, 2009
Why did they let this CREEP out of jail to do this more little children. I hope he gets his own when finally has to serve time. But just his luck he won't

Palmyra, VA

#8 Sep 4, 2009
Greene Ghost wrote:
The charges against John Robert Kilgore, III, have been dropped due to a lack of evidence, specifically the "unavailability" of a complaining witness, according to the Augusta County Commonwealth's Attorney. True to its myopic, lightweight form, NBC29 has not sought to run this piece of news, despite being fed the information by Tony Gonzalez, the crime reporter for the News-Virginian, Waynesboro's daily newspaper. More pathetic are the morons who have maligned this man, who have expressed the desire to kill him, and who are now wordless in their apologies and nowhere to be "found". Shame on all of you! I can only imagine their even more pathetic attempts to explain their words and actions to Jesus on Judgment Day...
NO!! SHAME ON U "GREENE GHOST" FOR PROTECTING THIS SICK MINDED INDIVIDUAL!! JUST BECAUSE HE WAS ACQUITTED FROM ALL CHARGES DOES NOT MEAN HE DID'NT DO IT! HE HAD TO HAVE DONE SOMETHING FROM THE START TO BE ARRESTED...AS ALWAYS THE MOLESTERS SEEM TO SLIP THROUGH THE CRACKS OF THE JUSTICE SYSTEM & BACK INTO SOCIETY TO REPEAT HISTORY!!! SHAME! SHAME! SHAME ON U!

United States

#9 Sep 4, 2009
What about "charges...have been dropped" don't you understand? And, you should well know that being charged with a crime sometimes means someone got to the police first in a domestic squabble and people lie all the time to get another in trouble, especially when it comes to this type of crime. Point of fact "lady", YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT THIS MAN IS A MOLESTER and you cannot possibly know, so shut your pie hole. And, have a conversation with your Savior before you spew your nonsense here again. Shame, indeed!

United States

#10 Sep 4, 2009
Debbie Mac wrote:
Why did they let this CREEP out of jail to do this more little children. I hope he gets his own when finally has to serve time. But just his luck he won't
Do you know this person yuu call a CREEP, or are you being as boneheaded as most everyone else here?
A victim

Wirtz, VA

#11 Sep 4, 2009
Greene ghost, you are entitled to your opinion, but so are others. I myself was a victim of sexual abuse, some of it hienous that many of the people I meet through support groups cannot fathom it, even though they too have had the same types of experiences. The man who abused me? Upstanding community citizen, who after my mother left to work the night shift, would drag me by my hair, an chain me up in the wood shed in the ark for hours before finally getting drunk enough to come out and rape me repeatedly, the first time, when I was 3. He silenced me with torture, threats to me, my family, and even shot my beloved german sheperd when I threatened to tell. HOW DARE YOU MINIMIZE WHAT THOSE CHILDREN WENT THROUGH, AN HOW DARE YOU PUT A LABEL ON THOSE WHO WANT TO PROTECT CHILREN FROM SCUM LIKE THAT! YOU ARE A MORONIC IDIOT SAD SAC WASTE OF SKIN! YOU CAN NOT STEAL SOMEONES VALIDATION FROM ENDURINGTHIS TYPE OF ABUSE AND THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT. My validation came on the day I spit ofmy abusers casket, in front of the entire town, and only then did several other young girls come forward. Even Jesus said "The truth shall set you free". The only excuse I can think of for you coming on here to defend such scum, you are the scum. PARENTS: TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WISELY TO KNOW THEIR OWN BODIES AND APPROPRIATE NAMES FOR IT'S ANATOMY, AND THEN AND GOD FORBID SOMETHING SHOULD HAPPEN THERE WILL BE NO LACK OF WITNESSES THAT CAN PROVIE TESTIMONY AGAINST PERVERTS LIKE THIS!
lovingthedysfunc tion

Wirtz, VA

#12 Sep 4, 2009
Wow, I'm so sorry for you, my prayers are extended to you and those children. It's just so sad! What is this world coming to anymore?

United States

#13 Sep 4, 2009
What does your sad story have to do with the venomous and wrongful attacks that have been posted about Mr. Kilgore for over the past month? Your experience is yours, and in no way makes every accusation of child molestation true, as has been demonstrated countless times before. Your personal rage is not a license to speak for real victims or imagined ones. Despite your self-described suggestion of release, the only thing you have validated was your hate and self-loathing. The truth has obviously not set you free of anything. I have never defended real cases of child molestation. In this matter, the ONLY information anyone else has had about this case came from two very short paragraphs and, to me, that seemed odd. Odd that no Valley media reported on the case AT ALL. Odd that Mr. Kilgore was released on bond. Odd enough for me to look into this more and ask questions, questions that everyone should have asked if they were so concerned and even outraged, rather than prattle their ignorance. Maybe Mr. Kilgore really is a perve. But, I don't that and you don't KNOW that. What I know is that there is an ongoing and nasty domestic dispute for which the children concerned have become pawns, and, yes, that is child abuse, but not on the part of Mr. Kilgore. Perhaps you might read ALL of John 8, because if you knew truth, you would be free indeed.
whoa

Wirtz, VA

#14 Sep 5, 2009
Greene Ghost wrote:
What does your sad story have to do with the venomous and wrongful attacks that have been posted about Mr. Kilgore for over the past month? Your experience is yours, and in no way makes every accusation of child molestation true, as has been demonstrated countless times before. Your personal rage is not a license to speak for real victims or imagined ones. Despite your self-described suggestion of release, the only thing you have validated was your hate and self-loathing. The truth has obviously not set you free of anything. I have never defended real cases of child molestation. In this matter, the ONLY information anyone else has had about this case came from two very short paragraphs and, to me, that seemed odd. Odd that no Valley media reported on the case AT ALL. Odd that Mr. Kilgore was released on bond. Odd enough for me to look into this more and ask questions, questions that everyone should have asked if they were so concerned and even outraged, rather than prattle their ignorance. Maybe Mr. Kilgore really is a perve. But, I don't that and you don't KNOW that. What I know is that there is an ongoing and nasty domestic dispute for which the children concerned have become pawns, and, yes, that is child abuse, but not on the part of Mr. Kilgore. Perhaps you might read ALL of John 8, because if you knew truth, you would be free indeed.
Are you a lawyer? You sound like a lawyer.

United States

#15 Sep 5, 2009
No, I am a citizen of the United States brought up to believe - correctly - that one is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law under due process. I am also a Christian who happens to believe Jesus meant it when he said, "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged; condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned; forgive, and ye shall be forgiven;" This was not a polite and quaint request, but the basis for how we are judged on Judgment Day, and anyone who dismisses that does so at grave, PERSONAL peril, no matter how much one might think all one has to do is to have faith in Jesus Christ. Mere faith alone is not sufficient, especially if that faith is marked by a callous heart. If John Robert Kilgore, III, is a perve and one who causes injury to children, Jesus will utimately deal with him; the courts have determined otherwise, rightfully or wrongfully, and that is how we roll in this country.
whoa

Wirtz, VA

#16 Sep 6, 2009
Jesus can judge him all he wants on judgement day. If Michael Jackson were still alive,(and I'm not saying he was guilty or innocent of what he was accused of) and your child was invited to a slumber party at his netherland ranch, would you let them go? And why? As a parent we have every right to be paranoid if the accusation is there, it is possible for it to be true. So it is our job to protect our children from people who could possibly inflict that kind of abuse on them. If we give him the benefit of the doubt and judge not lest you be judged, but then if he is guilty, that could provide him the opportunity to repeat his abuse pattern, and then that means that a parent failed to protect their child. I don't care what kind of person, or innocent or guilty, my child will go nowhere near him, it is not a chance I'm willing to take.

United States

#17 Sep 6, 2009
No one has the "right" to be paranoid. Paranoia is a sickness. Besides, do you even know this man? To be sure, it is our job to protect our children from ANY kind of abuse. What you may have missed and to what I was addressing was not common sense, but the vitriol and violence directed towards this person - mostly on another thread that somehow got separated from this one but was on the same story. It is one thing to use discretion when determining with whom your kids associate, quite another to encourage and incite violence against anyone, especially when there was an absolute dearth of ANY credible information that the person so charged was ever engaged in anything beyond being in a poor relationship, of which I am certain many of us have been guilty at one time or another.
Annoyed Citizen

Richmond, VA

#18 Sep 8, 2009
Greene Ghost wrote:
No one has the "right" to be paranoid. Paranoia is a sickness. Besides, do you even know this man? To be sure, it is our job to protect our children from ANY kind of abuse. What you may have missed and to what I was addressing was not common sense, but the vitriol and violence directed towards this person - mostly on another thread that somehow got separated from this one but was on the same story. It is one thing to use discretion when determining with whom your kids associate, quite another to encourage and incite violence against anyone, especially when there was an absolute dearth of ANY credible information that the person so charged was ever engaged in anything beyond being in a poor relationship, of which I am certain many of us have been guilty at one time or another.
SHUTUP already, you would not be preaching to the choir if this was your child involved i'm sure.

Esmont, VA

#19 Sep 8, 2009
Annoyed Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
SHUTUP already, you would not be preaching to the choir if this was your child involved i'm sure.
I KNOW THATS RIGHT!!
yourstupid

Wirtz, VA

#22 Sep 8, 2009
Greene Ghost wrote:
I believe that you are either the accused party or someone of close relation to him, therefore, your opinion is not valued and unwanted here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Augusta County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Correctional Officer (May '16) Feb '17 State Corrections... 2
Green Kia Jan '17 Green KIA 1
Augusta Health Security (Nov '10) Dec '16 JDC 15
Jack in the Box Background Check Nov '16 Rick 2
News Augusta County House Fire - NBC29 WVIR Charlott... (Apr '12) Jul '16 Ashley 5
News America's anti-Muslim hysteria comes to a Virgi... (Dec '15) Dec '15 PATRIOT_TEXAN 8
News How a lesson on Islam led to school closings th... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 4
More from around the web