Middle River Regional Jail Tightens Work Release Criteria - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, ...

There are 10 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 23, 2012, titled Middle River Regional Jail Tightens Work Release Criteria - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, .... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Nearly half the inmates of the Middle River Regional Jail are holding down jobs, many of them right alongside the rest of us.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

PoppaDew

Roanoke, VA

#1 May 23, 2012
Implant a chip to track them ---DUHHH !!
yepper

Charlottesville, VA

#2 May 23, 2012
PoppaDew wrote:
How about we plant one up your nose moron?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#3 May 23, 2012
PoppaDew wrote:
They are not dogs to be chipped. And that technology is not fully functional yet. DUHH!
Free Lance Yepper

Waynesboro, VA

#4 May 23, 2012
your right there not dogs they are the scum of the Earth!!! But to say the program needed tweaking after that many convicts escape is a bit of an understatement. I would hope about a dozen guards and their superiors were F I R E D.
dawg catcher

United States

#5 May 23, 2012
FreelanceEMT wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not dogs to be chipped. And that technology is not fully functional yet. DUHH!
Shock collars I tells ya!!! worx every time.
Townie

Charlottesville, VA

#6 May 24, 2012
An inmate worker is a trusty.

A trustee is a person entrusted to administer the affairs of a companu or institution, or holds title to property for the benefit of others.

The problem is that there are too many people, including jail staff, who are too ignorant to know the difference.
Townie

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 24, 2012
Sorry for the typo, it's 'company', not 'companu'.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#8 May 24, 2012
Townie wrote:
Sorry for the typo, it's 'company', not 'companu'.
It's also "trustee" ...
Townie

Palmyra, VA

#9 May 24, 2012
Not according to Webster's. What's your source?
Julz

Spotsylvania, VA

#10 May 24, 2012
I think it is great that they get work experience, but I don't like them working at the landfill. It seems like whenever I go to the landfill to take recycling and/or trash, they are there and seemingly all over the place. I don't see how the guard can keep an eye on all of these trustees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Augusta County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trooper Disrespect Feb '15 Trooper Disrespect 1
Shame on McDonalds Feb '15 Race Criminals 2
Report: In Virginia Black Arrests Over 2-to-1 C... Feb '15 Race Criminals 1
News 7-11 Robbery Suspect Arrested - NBC29 WVIR Char... (Dec '11) Dec '14 Farrington 9
News Augusta Sheriff's Office Receives Reports of Po... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Safety is in Jeop... 1
News Staunton City Council Adopts Resolution Opposin... (Oct '14) Oct '14 pierre 1
News Officer Involved Shooting In Augusta County (Oct '14) Oct '14 pierre 1
More from around the web