Ohio gov. not sure about welfare drug...

Ohio gov. not sure about welfare drug tests

There are 5 comments on the WXIX-TV Cincinnati story from Dec 14, 2011, titled Ohio gov. not sure about welfare drug tests. In it, WXIX-TV Cincinnati reports that:

Ohio's Republican governor is expressing reservations about requiring welfare recipients to pass a drug test, an idea being pushed by GOP lawmakers in Ohio and other states.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIX-TV Cincinnati.

Jackie

Alexandria, VA

#1 Dec 14, 2011
I for one would like to see all welfare recipients have to take a drug test. I think that if you take from the goverment you should fall under the same rule's that they have for employment. If you are being paid by the goverment you are therefore an employee of the goverment.
DAK

Columbus, OH

#2 Dec 14, 2011
When a politician has to have a drug test to get elected and has to pass a drug test every 30 days to stay in office, then I would support a bill to drug test welfare people. How much do you think this will cost? Hundreds? Thousands? Millions? Where is that monsy comming from? Taxpayers? We should be willing to spend thousands to save hundreds? Sounds like a good plan to me <sarcasm>
RN from Ohio

Logan, OH

#3 Jan 3, 2012
Jackie wrote:
I for one would like to see all welfare recipients have to take a drug test. I think that if you take from the goverment you should fall under the same rule's that they have for employment. If you are being paid by the goverment you are therefore an employee of the goverment.
True, with the exception that state employess receive excellent benefits, lots of paid time off, and are mostly middle to high class citizens. Welfare recipients cannot be called employees of the government, they do not receive employment benefits state workers receive. There is no comparison. Do you work for the state? If you did, you would know it's one of the best jobs you can get.
Coffee Drinker

Columbus, OH

#4 Jan 16, 2012
DAK wrote:
When a politician has to have a drug test to get elected and has to pass a drug test every 30 days to stay in office, then I would support a bill to drug test welfare people. How much do you think this will cost? Hundreds? Thousands? Millions? Where is that monsy comming from? Taxpayers? We should be willing to spend thousands to save hundreds? Sounds like a good plan to me <sarcasm>
Where's the sarcasm?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#5 Jan 16, 2012
About a year or so ago, this subject came up on a local radio program. Liberal caller after caller kept bringing up the concern of welfare children and what might happen to them if the parents have their benefits cut off.

One lowlife called and expressed her opinion of conservative callers claiming they could care less about low income people and their children. She stated that the difference between liberals and conservatives is that liberals actually care about children.

At that point I had enough. I didn't have time to call in and wait to get on the air. Instead, I texted the radio host and asked: if liberals are so concerned about the suffering of children due to drug tests, WTF were they when working people lost their income because of drug screenings these past few decades? Or don't those children count?

The radio host read my text, and I didn't hear one liberal caller challenge my comment. Go figure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Athens County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Attention all Females! Read! May '16 Anonymous for now 1
Nursing home lawsuit (Nov '15) Nov '15 John e primmer 1
News Ohioan seeks same-sex divorce after 1st request... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Ecossais 11
News Homeowner Hogties Burglar After Chase, Will Not... (Dec '11) Mar '15 DILF 8
News 13-Year-Old Faces 128 Felony Counts (Mar '07) Mar '15 Bad boy 21
athens as I know it (Nov '14) Nov '14 patriot 1
News Athens County prosecutor recommends removal of ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Brown Crayon 1
More from around the web