Similarities between Anoka in 2012 to...

Similarities between Anoka in 2012 to Montgomery, Albama 1955

Posted in the Anoka County Forum

Luke and Mary

Milaca, MN

#1 Feb 6, 2012
Anoka, 2012: The structure of the Anoka school district supported the "No Homo Promo" for years; thereby forcing teachers and causing students to treat gay teenagers worse than second class citizens.

Montgomery, 1955: The structure of southern society pre-1955 ensured that black Americans were very much second class citizens.
"Open your eyes, people," Anderson recently wrote to the local newspaper. "What if a 15-year-old is seduced into homosexual behavior and then contracts AIDS?"

Anoka, 2012: The Anoka-Hennepin school district denies any discrimination, maintaining that its broad anti-bullying policy is meant to protect all students. "We are not a homophobic district, and to be vilified for this is very frustrating," says superintendent Dennis Carlson, who blames right-wingers and gay activists for choosing the area as a battleground, describing the district as the victim in this fracas. "

Montgomery, 1955: The white community of Montgomery tried to use local newspapers to convince the black community that the racial issues had been resolved by printing a story that stated this - which of course was false.

I can make these comparisons all day. The point is: That Anoka Superintendent Dennis Carlson; Anoka School Board; anti-Gay crusader Barb Anderson; and the anti-Gay, so called “christians” of Anoka are much like the racists, narrow-minded, disgusting people who lived in Montgomery in the 50's.
John M

Milaca, MN

#2 Feb 6, 2012
Those are very similar. Great observation Luke and Mary.
TO: Anoka Superintendent Dennis Carlson; Anoka School Board; anti-Gay crusader Barb Anderson; and to the anti-Gay, so called “christians” of Anoka: All of you are sick and disgusting. You are the biggest bullies of all and I wish all of you could be arrested!! How dare you create an atmosphere of hate by not allowing the teachers to discuss and address teenager and HUMAN issues. The “blood” of the students who committed suicide are on your hands!! You are in the same category as pedophilia priests and coaches. Thank God,(or thank Buddha, or thank Allah, or thank Yahweh, or any other God that people are free to worship in country) that I do not have kids that go to the Anoka Public schools.
Matthew

Henderson, MN

#3 Feb 6, 2012
Excellent comparison.
Susan889

Henderson, MN

#4 Feb 6, 2012
I live near Anoka. Who knew in the year 2012 we were still dealing with such narrow minded people. Instead of Anoka being a leader as the largest school district in the state, they have become the black sheep of the state. I am embarrassed to say Anoka is in my beautiful home state of Minnesota.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anoka County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anoka boy, 3, dies; charges likely to be upgraded (Sep '11) Feb '17 Jersey 3
Anoka County Arrest Records and Criminal Mugshots (Oct '16) Oct '16 Ethan 2
News Anoka Co. Judge Pleads Guilty to Tax Charges (Aug '09) May '15 Dan thompson 13
News Anoka Man Shot 7 Times, Suspect Arrested; Both ... (Nov '12) Feb '15 richardnoggin 10
News Anoka County to build U.S. 10 barrier to protec... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Jane 1
News Neighborhood crime watch program continues grow... (Jan '08) May '14 disbarred 6
News Andover man gets 25 years' probation in girlfri... (Dec '13) Dec '13 louie lee 49 1
More from around the web