Authorities arrest Angelina man for San Augustine Co. murder

May 30, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTRE-TV Lufkin

A team effort from three law enforcement agencies has led to the arrest of an Angelina County man allegedly connected to the death of a San Augustine County man.

Comments
1 - 20 of 232 Comments Last updated Mar 2, 2012
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
K Yonts

Georgetown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2009

Judged:

I have known this kid ever since he was 10 years old he is my son best friend they went to school together it break my heart to know that drugs has took his life and he took another man live it tear me up i will pray for him and the man family that he killed i love this kid like he was my own i hope god will spare his life and i know he will be gone for a long time
Bub1973

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Judged:

I am a cousin and friend of Jamie Kelly, the man this spineless Shoshawnee Harris killed in cold blood, after my cousin befriended him and gave him a place to stay. This type of deed does not desreve forgiveness, and save your excuses about how drugs made him do it: cowardess, insecurity and evil and a poor upbringing made this pathetic excuse of a man who he is. He will get what he deserves not forgiveness, but misery and justice. In the form of a lethal injection would be to nice but well deserved.
Bub1973

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Judged:

This is no kid and deserves no pity. He is a cold blooded sadistic murderer with no spine. This act was evil,and calculated. Shoshawnee KILLED a man who befriended him and gave him a place to stay because he is a terrible excuse for a human being no other reason. Dont waste your breath with making ecuses for this pathetic wretch. Justice will be served and forgiveness denied, just what he deserves. He took the life of my cousin, a friend, a son, a grandson a loved family member by many whos lives are not less in his absence. Godspeed to proper justice
K Yonts

Georgetown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Judged:

iam not saying it ok what he did it is very wrong and he willpay for what he has done im sorry for your family loss i really am i was just saying that i have kow this kid and i never dream he would kill someone and yes drugs has a lot to with it no matter how you look shoshawee was a good kid at one time and he was broght up wrong for drugs had a big part of your couisn life and his once agin iam very sorry for your couins lost i guess i hope the best for a kid that turn into a mad man and i know it wrong but you YOU CAN NOT SAY THAT DRUGS WAS NOT A PART OF THIS EITHER and yes your family will get justice and i hear that jamie kelly is in with the AB? is he? and if so if they kill its just like Shoshawnee no better one killing for another is no better
Bub1973

Humble, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Judged:

I wrote the responses to the 1st BS blog from K Yonts and need to correct a statement. SHoshawnee Harris "took the life of my cousin; a friend, son, BROTHER, grandson and loved family member whos lives are NOW less in his absence." all because this weak,pathetic man shot my un armed cousin in the middle of the night.
mystery

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2009

Judged:

Shoshawnee isn't spinless I know him personally and drugs wasn't invovled in this killing. I'm still trying to come to grips with what he has done and I'm not sayin he shouldn't pay. but you cousin taunted Shoshawnee al last week saying he was sleeping with his girlfriend and Shoney did this in a jealous rage. But if you want justice why haven't you asked why his father hasn't been charged. If you knew Shoney than you know for a fact he didn't have a car to drive to your cousins house from Huntington, and how the heck did his father have the weapon in his possession because he drove Shoney there and back to Huntington to his mom's house. And let's sir your cousins dirty laundering because he was pretty high up in the Ab and those people are a white supermacy gang. Your cousin was supplying Shoney with drugs. He may have been a grandfather and may be missed, but not as much as his innocent baby son. He is the innocent victim in this. And from what I have heard from Shoney's family your cousin wasn't unarmed and the S.O. has his SKS in their possession also. Your cousin had no business taunting Shoney by texting and calling him and telling him he was sleeping with his girlfriend Wendy. If he was such a good friend to Shoney he never would have been at that Whore's house knowing it was Shoney's girlfriend. Now we're left with cleaning this mess up that Shoney and Cousin made with his poor baby son. We have to try to explain to him why he will never see his father again or why he killed this man. I'm not saying what he done was right but I feel for family also but his 4 year son is left without a father because of the games this two individuals played. So why don't you start asking ypur S.O. why chic Harris isn't being charged when Shoney's own mother told me his father drove him there that night and drove him back to her house.till don't beleive Shoney did this alone and also Shoney has mental problems and I am praying he does get a mental evaluation because he was already told he mental problems and needed mental and was referred to the Burk mental health center for mental help. Your cousin was white trash from what I heard from the cops that arrested Shoney that night. That he wasn't nothing but trouble.

Since: Jun 09

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

Judged:

How dare you be so cold and make so many stupid excuses for the cold blooded killing of man that was UNarmed... I will agree that Shoshawnee has mental problems, he is a cold, heartless, pyschopathic murderer...He was mad over immature girl issue..."jealous rage"...grow up...that's your defense for him?? seriously.?..
How dare you call a dead man "white trash" have you no respect or manners...This is in no way shape or form Jamie's fault, just because a idiot (Sho) cannot control himself as a man and acted like as a lunatic...he should be punished for like the lunatic he is...
Mystery you are a pathetic excuse for a human being, bad mouthing the dead...and if you had true guts to come out and slam the dead then tell us your name...you should stand behind your moronic comments...
JCS

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Judged:

First, let me express my condolences to the Kelly family for their loss. Shoshawnee’s family is also grieving because they know he will most likely never again be free. Drugs and Wendy both played a part in this tragedy. Shoshawnee’s father drove him to Jamie’s home and probably participated in the act. Shoney was not mentally capable of doing this on his own. I hope the investigators are reading these blogs and take more interest in Charles (Chick) Eugene Harris; he was the guiding force behind Shoney’s actions.
love for shoshawnee

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Judged:

The only reason jamie gave sho a place to stay and befriend him is sio he could use sho....jamie wasnt a friend...and sho had a very damn good upbringing...dnt sit there and say he didnt cause he made a mistake...i bet if we looked up jamies background his srry ass would have a list too....so does taht mena ur family raised a srry man? And u say unarmed but what i understand he had a SKS so i figure he was planning on killing someone... and if he wasnt than y did he have the gun? Jamie should have acted his own damn age and went on about his buisness insted of taunting sho about wendy...dang he really was not raised well....like i said i pray to god with everything i have taht sho dnt get the death penalty or life..i think about 20 years with chance of parole in 10 would be perfect for him..
Keystone Cops

Lindale, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Judged:

And looks like Chick Harris will walk away scott free once again. I wonder if the cops got a bag of money to stuff into their pockets when the picked up the murder weapon. How on earth else can Chick Harris stay out of prison?? Shoshawnee would not have done something like this without being doped up and coerced by Charles Eugene Harris himself. For those affected by the death of Jamie then don't accept justice as Shoshawnee going to prison. Shawnee was simply a puppet on a string. This is a very sad deal for all parties involved.
Cousin 1974

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

Judged:

Nobody ever said Jamie was a model citizen, matter or fact he made plenty of mistakes. But NO ONE deserves to be bruttaly murdered the way he was. He was called out of his home by some he knew and shot not once but THREE times. You people need to get a grip on the reality of the situation and quit blaming everyone around, because Shoshawnee was the one who pulled the trigger!!! No matter what kind of taunting or harassing Jamie MIGHT have done deserves this kind of brutality. And I'm sure that everyone has an explanation or excuse for what happened, but it is to bad you people can't see this for what it is A MURDER, no matter the intent or the excuses. Shoshawnee deserves whatever the courts deem justified for MURDERING a human being!!!
love for shoshawnee

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

Judged:

yes what sho did was wrong but u can only push someone so far....and jamie should have stopped...its not just shos fault about what happened i also beleive its jamies fault...yall keep saying its nobodys but shos fault but if jamie wasnt messing with him he would have never done it. and i think yall should back of sho alot and start lookin at chick shos father.....if u knew sho at all all he ever wanted was his dads approvel...and deep down in my heart i think chick had alot to do with what happened to jamie...but yall are so mad and wanting just sho..wake up and relaize u need to look at chick harris also...yeah sho pulled the trigger but there had to be someone right behind him telling him to do it. and u say mo matter what kind of taunting he might have done...see there u go agian trying to make him sound like he didnt do nothing wrong... the man was a drug head, drug dealer part of AB and he was sleepin with one of his friends girlfriend....and than taunting him about it....thats alot...and i honestly dnt think it was all over wendy...mauybe jamie had threated sho and his family cause sho aint never acted like that over a piece of tale....
anonymity

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

Judged:

Jaime's family keeps saying sho pulled the trigger, but if there was no witnesses how do they know. I know Shoney personally and he just doesn't have it in him to shoot someone. I have a feeling that Chic told his son if he took the blame that he would buy him the best lawyer money can buy and get him off, and that's why Shoney is taking the blame. Maybe it was because of Wendy which it probably was because he was crazy about this girl for some reason. Now is crazy father has ran off and left him holding the bag. What I don't get anywhere else in Texas if you drive someone to committ a crime you are charged with the same crime for being there and Chic drove Shoney there that nite his on mother has said this and they are not charging him with anything this man has always gotten away with all his crimes. I also heard Chic is the one who didn't like this guy and wanted him dead.
omgswow

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

Judged:

i can not belive this. i feel bad 4 all involed. i have know sho for a long time and i 2 think he is coving for his pice of shit dad. God b with sho son. poor kids has to grow up without a father because of stupied stuff.
cousin 1974

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

Judged:

Are you people Honestly saying that what Jamie did or didn't do deserved to be shot in the head 3 times, then you have no morals or feelings of remorse for what this stupid kid and his father, you are aledging, did to a human being. Your damm right we are mad and hurt. How do you expect any of Jamie's family to react? We all know Jamie was no saint and we have never said he was, but REALLY, How would YOU feel if it was someone you grew up with that was taken in such a brutal way. I do hope that IF Chic Harris had something to do with what happened that he does pay and hope that all of that will come out in the investigation. But to talk badly of a Man Slain is just childish and immature much like the man who committed the murder. What I don't understand is how he could have been hanging out with and running the roads with Jamie one day and then not even 48 hrs shot and killed him? Answer that question why don't you. No one really knows the answers to all of these questions except Shoshawnee and his father. And what does it say about your Precious Sho that he was running around and living with a drug head, sounds like to me he was right there in the middle of the drugs. Like I have said many times we know Jamie was no saint and made bad choices. Grow up and admit that people have flaws and THEY could and DID commit crimes against another person.
anonymity

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

I am the mother of shoshawnee son and I know that he probaly pulled the trigger but whats bad is there are others like Chick is behind it for sure but there is no excuse for what is done now I have to explain to my five year old daddy killed someone and how u tell a child that I not saying he needs a slap on the hand but my son is suffferin as much as the family that lost there family member but shoshawnee wouldnt do this just over drugs I know him He had another reason I dont know what but I dont know how he could do something so sick But tell me all of u thinking he needs worse than the needle how do I explain that a prison can kill daddy but u cant kill someone. Yes he needs to pay but I hope he dont get death because I will have to once again pick up the mess he made and explain how a prison can kill someone Shoshawnee was a total different person when we were together not a murderer I dont know what cause this I dont care someone lost a life and my sons dad is basically dead to him now depending on what happens in court so tell me how to explain this to my beautiful boy that daddy killed someone and he might be put on death row I am sorry for the kelleys loss it is a sick crime I would say I would feel the same as u if I didnt know chick and shoshawnee chick will could always talk shawn into anything I just wish shawn would of thought of his son
anonymity

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

Judged:

I am praying for all the families involved. Jaime's family is suffering but so are 2 other families especaially Sho's son he has lost his father probably forever and is very angry with his father over this and is his a baby. So many people have given Sho a chance to get his life together but he wanted to live life in the fast lane. I don't understand how on earth this boy could have done this. He hasn't been right in years and was told recently he needed mental help that he refused to go get maybe if he would have this tragis event wouldn't have happen. Sho knew wrong from right and he does need to be punished but he never should have punished his son this way he was the innocent victim in all of this.
love for shoshawnee

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

Judged:

miss anonymity 1st of all i know his son is hurting taht he want to get to see his daddy anymore but hoe in the hell can u sit there and act like u 2 idnt fight over him seeing his son....u use to try to keep him away and if it wasnt u it was ur mother....the only time u would really let him go see sho is when u wanted to go out or when u didnt have time for the lil one and when u found out u were pregnant agian...so why are u even actin like u are
jamies friend from conroe

Montgomery, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2009

Judged:

I dont know what happened in broaddus at the cabin and probably never will but jamie was a friend to me and so is his brother! I dont know this Sho boy but nobody deserves to die like Jamie did and nobody made this boy do this! Why couldnt this Sho guy be a man or his dad if he was there be a man? They could have went over there unarmed and took an asswhippin or gave one! I guess people who live in those parts are cowards or just plain crazy! Ive known Jamie for almost 18 years and he would have laced them up with either one of these cowards! There was no need in anybody dying over any of this! I guess people are trying to take up for or make excuses for Sho or his dad but there is no excuse for them doing this but plain chickenshit or they knew they couldnt handle Jamie in a normal fight! Anyone can pull a trigger but it takes a real man to take an asswhippin! There is no excuse anyone of the people who is speakin for Sho can make except he and his dad is a piece of shit and they are both the biggest cowards in San Augustine!
Someon Who Knows

Lufkin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2009

Judged:

Shoney's ex never kept his son from him nor did her mother. I know for a fact they gave Sho a free place to stay many many times only to have him get his life straight for his son and never once did he go out and find a job. She would even let Sho have him when it wasn't weekends not because she was going out but he needed to be with his dad so don't start bashing the one's that has supported his son the whole Sho was suppose to be getting his life straight only to be let down everytime. I know Sho ex family and I have seen this whole thing play out and those people take darn good care of Sho responsibility and let's not forget the time they drug the poor girl back into court to drop his child support to pitiful 150 a month that doesn't even pay 1/3 of his sons expenses. She even let his mom have his visitation when he went to jail the last time and she didn't have to do that by law the visitation was granted to Sho. At least his mom has grown up alot even if it took her a few years you don't read her name in the paper breaking the law do we.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Angelina County Discussions

Search the Angelina County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Police Looking For East Texas 'Panty Burglar' (Oct '13) Jun '14 Just me 3
Suspected Huntington child molester posts $50K ... (Mar '13) Apr '14 Ohwell 3
Survivors: Huntington couple wins battle with m... (Jun '13) Sep '13 Nun ya 4
Former Cherokee County DA Beckworth hired as An... (Jan '13) May '13 huh 3
Pipeline protesters strike Diboll area (Jan '13) Jan '13 John 1
Huntington man allegedly stabs wife in thigh an... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Texasbutterfly1965 1
Alto man accused of posing as Lufkin officer (Aug '12) Dec '12 Elmer Crank 2
•••
•••