Police: Mom Left Baby Home Alone Whil...

Police: Mom Left Baby Home Alone While She Partied

There are 54 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Nov 21, 2007, titled Police: Mom Left Baby Home Alone While She Partied. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

WSPA-TV reports that 22-year-old Jennifer McNeil is in the hospital, but that officers will arrest her as soon as she's out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

#1 Nov 21, 2007
It's fortunate the woman's one night stand reported her. He must not have been as drunk as she was. I wonder how many times she has done that in the past without being "caught".

I wish these young, single parents would GROW UP and realize that they've created a little person who is dependent upon them and that partying and "fun" is SECONDARY to raising the child.

Just because someone is "old enough" to produce a child doesn't mean they're "old enough" to RAISE a child.

Take that baby away from her and we'll see how "Mommy" likes "partying"...In jail!
Jackie

Cayce, SC

#2 Nov 21, 2007
Get your life together-you have a baby now-the drinking and partying has to cease-should not be doing it anyway-and why are you trying to kill yourself-that is not going to make anything better-do you want your child back or do you want someone to raise him-that kind of life is not worth it-take care of your child and also do not have anymore if you cannot take care of the one you have

Since: Jun 07

United States

#3 Nov 21, 2007
Good post. Can be summed up by one word.....RESPONSIBILITY (or in this case, lack of it).
Olive Oyl wrote:
It's fortunate the woman's one night stand reported her. He must not have been as drunk as she was. I wonder how many times she has done that in the past without being "caught".
I wish these young, single parents would GROW UP and realize that they've created a little person who is dependent upon them and that partying and "fun" is SECONDARY to raising the child.
Just because someone is "old enough" to produce a child doesn't mean they're "old enough" to RAISE a child.
Take that baby away from her and we'll see how "Mommy" likes "partying"...In jail!
Unbelievable

Columbia, SC

#4 Nov 21, 2007
I do not understand it. What is wrong with people today ? I hope she never gets the child back. Evidently partying means more than the safety of your child. For the man who brought her home. Thank you for reporting it. I guess you see she wasn't worth being with. Good Man !!!!!
IGOR

United States

#5 Nov 21, 2007
TRASH
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

#6 Nov 21, 2007
(My first post disappeared. Let's see if it reappears now, along with this one.)

The woman's one night stand must not have been as drunk as the woman was. It's fortunate he reported her. I wonder how many times in the past she's done that without getting caught.

When will young, single parents learn that when you have a child, partying and "fun" come secondary to a child?

Take the baby away from her PERMANENTLY. Let the "mother" (and I use that term loosely) see how much "partying" and "fun" can be...In JAIL!!!
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

#7 Nov 21, 2007
It did!!!

Crazy TOPIX!
KELLY H

Elgin, SC

#8 Nov 21, 2007
Do PEOPLE(i'm not just gonna blame women cause men do it to) not realize how many people are out there trying to have babies and can't??? If you take the time to lay down and create life then you need to take time to care for that life! Life is too short and too precious for people to do as this woman has done...i feel that she should recieve the highest punishment for abandonment!
Harry

Montgomery Village, MD

#12 Nov 21, 2007
Unbelievable wrote:
I do not understand it. What is wrong with people today ? I hope she never gets the child back. Evidently partying means more than the safety of your child. For the man who brought her home. Thank you for reporting it. I guess you see she wasn't worth being with. Good Man !!!!!
Many people probably agree that this woman should"NOT" get the baby back, but you know how the system is. Some bleeding heart will say that the child belongs with the mother and the rest will be history.
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

#13 Nov 21, 2007
Chalk one up for the good guy. That'll keep that heifer off the street for awhile.
lal

Bay Minette, AL

#14 Nov 21, 2007
no man is that important, she'll get what she deserves
columbia woman

Columbia, SC

#15 Nov 21, 2007
Kudos to the man for calling this in. Who knows how many times she has done this before.

“I hate Fish...”

Since: Aug 07

Columbia, SC

#16 Nov 21, 2007
I will say one positive thing about the woman...she didn't take her child with her and drove home drunk with the child. With that being said I have to agree with everyone else, she should NOT be out drinking and partying and whatever else she does when she has a little child completely depending on her. She at the very least could have hired a babysitter to stay with her child while she was having her idea of fun.

“Snowman, you got your ears on?”

Since: May 07

"Eastbound & Down"

#17 Nov 21, 2007
lal wrote:
no man is that important, she'll get what she deserves
It seems to me this man was important. Thank GOD he turned her in.
ABB

Columbia, SC

#20 Nov 21, 2007
Unbelievable wrote:
What's wrong is that "babies" are having babies. I had my child at 21 and I'll be the first to admit that I was still to young. I had not "lived" before I was at home taking care of a baby. At times I might wish I had time to grow and live a little, before I was Mom, but then I look in the next room and all is right in my world again.

Good job on the man's part! Ms McNeil should spend the next several years in jail thinking about all the FUN times she'll be missing while she's there.
Mom of 2

Okatie, SC

#21 Nov 21, 2007
It really makes you wonder how much of this is going on. Unfortunately, mothers are getting younger and younger and they are still trying to live the party life. Kudos to the young man for calling the police. Maybe a family member will step up and take this baby and care for them properly while the mom gets the much needed help. This is a prime example of why we have teenagers running amuck out here doing whatever and turning to gangs and violence. They don't have a stable home life. People these days think nothing of laying down with someone and having a child only to neglect the poor baby. It is a crying shame. Too bad sterelization can't be recommended for some.
rose

Columbia, SC

#22 Nov 21, 2007
i applaud the man for his actions. it upsets me when we treat old people, babies and animals so cruel, they are helpless. society is becoming so self obsorbed, with their own needs, rather than those who are in need.

“Lets take America Back!”

Since: Apr 07

America, U,S,A.

#23 Nov 21, 2007
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>Many people probably agree that this woman should"NOT" get the baby back, but you know how the system is. Some bleeding heart will say that the child belongs with the mother and the rest will be history.
The Sad part is , that state cusdody can be worse. The child may be in a win situation.
April Davis

United States

#30 Nov 21, 2007
These young women wanting to have kids cause they think it is all fun and easy. They have them and don't realize that it is not all about themselves its about the little one they brought into this world. You all need to really grow up and learn how to live life the right way. Once the little one is born forget about what you need and what you want they about the little one that did not ask to be here. They are the ones that deserve the best of everything. There is no excuse for what this woman did. Hope you pay big time. You put that baby in danger. How can you live with that? Hope you do time!!!!!!
Me_too

United States

#32 Nov 21, 2007
I feel bad for the poor baby u have alot of ppl that do this sick mess and it breaks my heart to know this type of stuff is going on she does not need anything but help how can a mother leave their child like that I was 18 when I had my first and it went like this party time over time to raise my child I hope and pray for the bady and thank god the baby is fine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Justice for Amara: $1,000 reward offered after ... Feb '16 joan bennett 1
Jews, Christians and Israel (Nov '15) Nov '15 God 1
News Meth lab busted in Powdersville (May '10) Sep '15 James Bush 3
News GOP candidate calls on NAACP to end boycott of SC (May '14) Sep '15 Spotted Girl 4
Former detention center officer facing multiple... (May '15) May '15 EdStraker 1
News Dispute among friends led to shooting of pregna... (Sep '06) Mar '15 Nojusticeforthewr... 974
News USC Trustee Arrested (Dec '14) Dec '14 hobieman 1
More from around the web