Gay Teen Arrested for Filing False Ha...

Gay Teen Arrested for Filing False Hate Crime Report | 365 Gay News

There are 17 comments on the www.365gay.com story from Jul 28, 2008, titled Gay Teen Arrested for Filing False Hate Crime Report | 365 Gay News. In it, www.365gay.com reports that:

An 18-year-old, who had told police he was beaten by his father after attending a gay pride parade, was charged Thursday with filing a false police report.

This is an update to a story posted 10 mins ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.365gay.com.

BUCK

Livonia, MI

#1 Jul 28, 2008
He learned how to whine the gay way, at that event!

Since: Jul 08

Oglesby, IL

#2 Jul 28, 2008
The kid can't produce enough forensic evidence to prove that he was hit with a bat, so of course It follows that either the police are lying or incompetent. When you read the conclusions drawn by the gay community, it really makes you wonder if they take themselves seriously.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#3 Jul 28, 2008
When we in the LGBT community hear such a story as parent attacking a child for being gay, even as violently as claimed here, there is a reflexive reaction to believe it. Many of us either suffered anger, rejection and even violence from our own families regarding their becoming aware of our natural orientation or know far too many people who have. A child grows up with an expectation of almost unconditional love and acceptance from their parents and family but somehow being a homosexual child in many families brings that to a screeching halt often in some really hateful ways. Emotional, psychological and even physical abuse of Gay children is far more common than you might realize and so too are children thrown out of their own homes for simply telling the family what they should have realized all along. So when a story appears about a father beating a Gay son with a baseball bat it not only seems plausible to most of us but pretty much likely to have happened.
If this is truly a case of filing a false police report and accusing his father of something that didn't happen, I can't begin to imagine what would motivate this kid to do such a thing. There's obviously more to this story than has been relayed in the few short articles that have been presented about it and I certainly hope there is follow up by sources in the area that offer an explanation for what actually happened and more importantly why.

“God hates me!”

Since: May 07

West Texas, USA

#4 Jul 28, 2008
mdckmn wrote:
The kid can't produce enough forensic evidence to prove that he was hit with a bat, so of course It follows that either the police are lying or incompetent. When you read the conclusions drawn by the gay community, it really makes you wonder if they take themselves seriously.
A lot of the resentment over the authorities in this stems from many personal experiences by members of the GLBT community. Many of us have had friends that have been physically attacked by family members (yes, even with weapons) just because they were gay or lesbian. And it is true that many local police departments do not take seriously those assaults. Hence, you have this attitude about the police covering things up. It comes from similar experiences.

Granted, there are many who don't think it is possible that the local authorities would NOT do their jobs, but just ask any minority and they can relate similar experiences with local law enforcement not pursuing certain cases as diligently as others.

So, is it possible that kid made up the story about the assault with the bat? Yes.
Do kids (gay and straight alike) sometimes accuse parents of abusing them just to get back at them? Yes.
Does the gay community have a biased view of law enforcement based on passed experiences? Yes.

It goes both ways. When police (not all, but there are a few out there) stop seeing gays as people that "deserve what they got" and treat us as victims (when a crime is committed against us), them this distrust of their authority will diminish.

Stockdale, TX

#5 Jul 28, 2008
dante2810 wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of the resentment over the authorities in this stems from many personal experiences by members of the GLBT community. Many of us have had friends that have been physically attacked by family members (yes, even with weapons) just because they were gay or lesbian. And it is true that many local police departments do not take seriously those assaults. Hence, you have this attitude about the police covering things up. It comes from similar experiences.
Granted, there are many who don't think it is possible that the local authorities would NOT do their jobs, but just ask any minority and they can relate similar experiences with local law enforcement not pursuing certain cases as diligently as others.
So, is it possible that kid made up the story about the assault with the bat? Yes.
Do kids (gay and straight alike) sometimes accuse parents of abusing them just to get back at them? Yes.
Does the gay community have a biased view of law enforcement based on passed experiences? Yes.
It goes both ways. When police (not all, but there are a few out there) stop seeing gays as people that "deserve what they got" and treat us as victims (when a crime is committed against us), them this distrust of their authority will diminish.
I understand, it's just that when the story first broke, there was such vehemence from the gay community-as though the father was assumed guilty before he was tried. Sometimes if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck-it's actually a duck. Both sides could cool off a bit.

“God hates me!”

Since: May 07

West Texas, USA

#6 Jul 28, 2008
mdckmn wrote:
<quoted text> I understand, it's just that when the story first broke, there was such vehemence from the gay community-as though the father was assumed guilty before he was tried. Sometimes if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck-it's actually a duck. Both sides could cool off a bit.
Very true... we tend to be a bit reactionary.

I think what really got this rolling was that it made national headlines too. I saw it on the main page of Foxnews, CNN and MSNBC.

The fact that it was a father, and religion was brought into the story....well we know what that will do to a message board.
TTIN

Owosso, MI

#7 Jul 28, 2008
Just because there's no evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen. Does it mean the father shouldn't be charged? Yes. If there's no evidence except for hearsay there's no point in even going forward with a trial. But then where's the evidence that he's lying. It doesn't seem like they'd be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt either the father's story or the son's story.

“I am happy”

St. Petersburg, FL

#8 Jul 28, 2008
I am extremely angered that this boy may have lied. What is worse is that this may have possibly strained a relationship he could have had with his father.

I will go off on a limb and state if the police are trying to cover this up, then the FBI, the state of South Carolina, and several other agencies should get involved.

If the police are being truthful and this young man made this entire story up, then good. How dare he "cry wolf", use valuable police hours, and my tax dollars in such a reckless way.,
BUCK

Livonia, MI

#9 Jul 29, 2008
Rick in Kansas wrote:
When we in the LGBT community hear such a story as parent attacking a child for being gay, even as violently as claimed here, there is a reflexive reaction to believe it. Many of us either suffered anger, rejection and even violence from our own families regarding their becoming aware of our natural orientation or know far too many people who have. A child grows up with an expectation of almost unconditional love and acceptance from their parents and family but somehow being a homosexual child in many families brings that to a screeching halt often in some really hateful ways. Emotional, psychological and even physical abuse of Gay children is far more common than you might realize and so too are children thrown out of their own homes for simply telling the family what they should have realized all along. So when a story appears about a father beating a Gay son with a baseball bat it not only seems plausible to most of us but pretty much likely to have happened.
If this is truly a case of filing a false police report and accusing his father of something that didn't happen, I can't begin to imagine what would motivate this kid to do such a thing. There's obviously more to this story than has been relayed in the few short articles that have been presented about it and I certainly hope there is follow up by sources in the area that offer an explanation for what actually happened and more importantly why.
He wanted to march front and center at the next gay day parade as a wounded bird. I beleve thats called "flaming".

“JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD!!”

Repent and trust Jesus!

#10 Jul 29, 2008
I guess it doesn't matter that he filed a false report.

It just matters that he claimed he was attacked by his father for his attending a gay event.

It would be better for all if he'd admit his wrong, and make normal, natural, heterosexual to be specific, sexual choices in the future.

“Vote NO on Prop 8”

Since: May 08

CA

#11 Jul 29, 2008
BUCK wrote:
<quoted text>He wanted to march front and center at the next gay day parade as a wounded bird. I beleve thats called "flaming".
Maybe you shouldn't talk about something you obviously know nothing about.

this one

#12 Jul 29, 2008
BUCK wrote:
(not worth repeating)
Hesed wrote:
(also not worth repeating)
It's the overwrought, irrational anti-gay emotional outbursts that people such as yourselves are famous for around here that make the claim that someone of your self-professed "normal" ilk would attewmpt to beat the gay out of their own child with a baseball bat all that more credible. I'm just thankful that neither of you are responsible for the birth of Lesbian or Gay children as I can only imagine the extreme emotional, psychological and potential physical damage the two of you could do to such a child...
BUCK

Livonia, MI

#13 Jul 29, 2008
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
It's the overwrought, irrational anti-gay emotional outbursts that people such as yourselves are famous for around here that make the claim that someone of your self-professed "normal" ilk would attewmpt to beat the gay out of their own child with a baseball bat all that more credible. I'm just thankful that neither of you are responsible for the birth of Lesbian or Gay children as I can only imagine the extreme emotional, psychological and potential physical damage the two of you could do to such a child...
This is one big concocted lie and because he is queer your blaming everyone but the liar.Look at the real damage done, to his parents who suffered emotional damage from this kids sexual identification fustrations, and the police who have more important duties than to straighten out the mess this a@@wipe caused! It is the activist gay community that is poulluting this kids brain with garbage.

United States

#14 Jul 29, 2008
TTIN wrote:
Just because there's no evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen. Does it mean the father shouldn't be charged? Yes. If there's no evidence except for hearsay there's no point in even going forward with a trial. But then where's the evidence that he's lying. It doesn't seem like they'd be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt either the father's story or the son's story.
What? "Just because there's no evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen"
You better be careful that the paranoias don't come to get you.

this one

#15 Jul 29, 2008
BUCK wrote:
(still nothing worth repeating)
If in fact this guy lied about being attacked he should be prosecuted for it, it really is that simple. The reality is that you have no idea what is going on with this story and are only making assumptions based on your own prejudices. If you had actually read the post of mine that you were claiming to respond to you would have realized that I had been saying all along there is a need for more information than has been made public before any real conclusion can be reached as to what actually happened and why...
Whatever the facts are in this case it doesn't change the reality that sadly all too frequently parents of Lesbian and Gay children turn psychologically, emotionally and even physically abusive simply because their children are who they were born to be. You and Hesed still represent more of the cause of this problem than you do a solution...
TTIN

Owosso, MI

#16 Jul 30, 2008
mdckmn wrote:
<quoted text>
What? "Just because there's no evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen"
You better be careful that the paranoias don't come to get you.
My point is that they're supposed to need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to convict somebody of any crime, so no evidence the father did it "not guilty" but no evidence he didn't then the son is also "not guilty". I can't for the life of me think how you would get evidence that the father didn't do that to the son. It's almost impossible to prove a negative. Of course he could be found not guilty, but it doesn't make sense to press charges in the first place if there isn't even a shred of evidence.
Tiffany

Anderson, SC

#17 Jan 20, 2009
yes this guy is totally missed up i used to be his best friend. and he saw me at that gay pride thing and lied to me a bout losts of things about his parents and that some guy tried to rape him on his way ou there and lied about saying he didnt have anysmokes and the pulled some out of his pocket i mean i love the dude to death but he causes everyone trouble
BUCK wrote:
He learned how to whine the gay way, at that event!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former detention center officer facing multiple... May '15 EdStraker 1
News Dispute among friends led to shooting of pregna... (Sep '06) Mar '15 Nojusticeforthewr... 974
News USC Trustee Arrested (Dec '14) Dec '14 hobieman 1
News SCHP investing fatal collision in Anderson Co. (Oct '14) Oct '14 ACE MILNER 4
News GOP candidate calls on NAACP to end boycott of SC (May '14) May '14 BrownEboy 3
News Intruder identified after being shot by owner (Feb '14) Feb '14 bite me 1
News 3 in custody in shootout that left woman dead (Nov '13) Nov '13 kitten 1
More from around the web