6-year-old Amelia girl dies after cat...

6-year-old Amelia girl dies after catching H1N1 - wtvr

There are 42 comments on the WTVR story from Oct 22, 2009, titled 6-year-old Amelia girl dies after catching H1N1 - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

A 6-year-old Amelia County girl has died after catching the swine flu. Family members said that Heaven Skylar Wilson passed away Wednesday night at CJW Medical Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Shucky

AOL

#42 Oct 30, 2009
Mary M wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been following this story from the beginning, I believe it was her pediatrician. I am not 100% but that is what I read. As dangerous as this virus is, I would think that as a GOOD... doctor, he would have tested this child in his office before letting her go, because from what I have read and heard the mother say on our local news, it was the very next day when she ended up in the hospital and that is where she was for about 2wks before her death. I personally am so full of anger and grief for this family. There is a test for the H1N1 and he should have at least tested her, so the parents could have gotten an oppurtunity to have taken her to the hospital sooner, per their choice. If he would have just taken that extra minute than it might have been a different outcome. Just my opinion.

That is true Mary! I took my 6 year old in and I wasn't even going to get him tested for the flu because the only symptom he has to start with was a fever. I just couldn't break it....I took him to his doc the second day and they DID NOT HESITATE TO TEST HIM RIGHT AWAY...maybe they had heard about Heaven at that point ( I hadn't or I would have gone in there KNOWING that he was getting tested!) but nonetheless, they still tested him immediately. I feel if that doc would have tested her immediately then she may still be here. But, then again, only God knows! Everyone have a blessed day!
Mandi

Waynesboro, VA

#43 Nov 19, 2009
God be with you all! This is so tragic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amelia County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Mar '16 Patient X 1
News Accused Drunk Driver Leads Police on Wild Polic... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Powhatan reader 1
News Restaurant Shooting: Amelia Man Shot - wtvr (Apr '10) Sep '10 mikeblevs 29
News Ulisa Chavers: Louisa Co. woman charged in the ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Abby 8
News Family of murder victim to meet with Richmond S... (Jan '10) Aug '10 Jeannie Leber 5
New Amelia County Forum (Feb '10) Jun '10 Ameliapatriot 2
News Family of Colonial Parkway murder victim to mee... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Cynthia Phelps-Ha... 1
More from around the web