Restaurant Shooting: Amelia Man Shot - wtvr

Full story: WTVR

The Amelia County Sheriff's Office is investigating a shooting outside a county restaurant.
Comments
21 - 29 of 29 Comments Last updated Sep 19, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
the-enlightened- one

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

LibsAreLosers wrote:
Just like the illiterate lefties to not read what the story ACTUALLY SAYS!! This happened outside of the B&N Grill, not really a BAR to start with!! The two had been fighting inside and more than likely got booted outside by the owner. Then one of the two couldn't leave well enough alone and used a gun to commit a crime. Where's the racism?? Is this the best you lefties can muster? I suppose the gun was racist too huh??
you dont know what actually happened either they didnt both get kicked out yall are all illiterate aparently!

Since: Apr 10

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Not enough details about this incident in the initial report. I will tell you if this older guy was in a fight with a much younger guy and he felt like he was in serious danger of death or serious bodily harm and can say so in court the criminal charges will be tossed. Let's follow this one.

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking the same thing
Well then you are nuts also. What does race have to do with it at all?

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Amazed wrote:
And aren't we glad the Governor has approved concealed weapons in bars?
WOW!! Do you have some inside information about this case? But since you brought it up, it wasn't a bar it was a rib joint, and "if" this was a case you suggest where an older guy is armed he has every right to protect himself if he was getting beat up. The facts are not present yet for you to spew your anti-gun rant.

Colonial Heights, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2010

Reality wrote:
Seems to me the situation took place outside of a bar. Alcohol and Guns do not mix period. Lets see what unfolds. Was this man actually protecting himself or was it an innocent argument that turned deadly all because of the alcohol. No alcohol and this would not have happened. No alcohol, he could have carried his gun and not pulled it out because he wasn't under the consumtion. So blame alcohol if you are going to blame anything. I guarantee you that if they were arguing, it had something to do with gambling on a pool table.
I did not read ANYWHERE in this story about any alcohol being used. What is reported? The guy involved was 68 years old. The fight happened outside in the street. After that there are a great deal of what if's.
Wait for the whole story. Alcohol consumption does not mean that you can't stop someone from beating you to death. You have to know the specific facts before you make an educated post. The facts are not known completely.
LdyLynch

Port Byron, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2010

rydnthebreez in midlo wrote:
None of this really means anything except that people just don't control themselves! It isn't the guns or the alchohol, it's the people. It doesn't matter where these two were, what matter's is that now one of them is dead! He won't ever walk into another bar, have another beer or go home to his family. All because someone couldn't control their anger! The other one will hopefully spend the rest of his life in prison paying for his inability to control himself. A long time ago, I was very close to the one that lost his life. He will be missed by so many!
I am another one who has fond memories of the one killed. He was there for me when I needed someone to help me through a medical scare. I will never forget that. I have talked to his son and he is so sad and mad. The victum was someone's father, son, nephew and he had lots of friends. I hope the other guy rots for shooting him in the back so many times!
Belinda

Hamilton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2010

I'm sorry about the man dieing, but those men was beating my Uncle Don up! They were going to kill him, they beat him bad, yes perhaps he went and got the gun and shot that man and fired at the other one. I'm sure Uncle Don was crazy with fear! He's a broken down man, who should of never been beaten like that! The picture show how bad he wasn't beaten up. I love my Uncle Don very much,I want the world to know that!!
Perhaps the other men didn't have a gun,but the weapon of use was their fits. So uncle Don, They were going to kill him. What good is it to have gun and gun laws if they use aganist him. That other man family I'm very sorry for you lost! But my Uncle Don, is not murder I'm sure he feels terrible about the shooting, he's got a good heart and was a great uncle.

Let me ask question, what would you do if you! you might say, you drove away or would you really!!!!!! I'm sure they rattle his brain, from the beating!
Real Change

Ashland, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2010

He made it to his truck and should have driven off. That is what you have to do in the USA. The jury of his peers determined that he could have left the property and chose not to. Now he will die in prison. What a shame. There is a lesson to be learned here.
mikeblevs

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

should know when to keep mouth shut dude run his mouth to the man should be self defense case my god he"s 68 yrs old

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Amelia County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Accused Drunk Driver Leads Police on Wild Polic... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Powhatan reader 1
Ulisa Chavers: Louisa Co. woman charged in the ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Abby 8
Family of murder victim to meet with Richmond S... (Jan '10) Aug '10 Jeannie Leber 5
New Amelia County Forum (Feb '10) Jun '10 Ameliapatriot 2
Family of Colonial Parkway murder victim to mee... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Cynthia Phelps-Ha... 1
Family of Colonial Parkway murder victim to mee... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Cynthia Phelps-Ha... 1
overturned tanker truck in amelia county - wtvr (Jan '10) Jan '10 pcllc 2

Search the Amelia County Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••