Allen County judge charged with drunk driving

Full story: WANE-TV Fort Wayne

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. /News Sentinel) Allen County Circuit Court Judge Thomas Felts was charged with drunk driving in Indianapolis last week.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Feb 4, 2013
mau

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2008

I know family members who were punished severly by this judge for the exact same thing...it is of my opinion that the same punishment (Jail/fines) be given to him. Since he is "suppose" to be a man of standard it is only fare that he becomes an example for all those in authority who think they are above the law.

Since: Apr 08

Clanton, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2008

Nah hater, he's a judge, he'll get off with a cleared record, no time in jail, no points on his license, no community service, no safe driving school, no warning, etc. Gotta love the judicial system.
Adam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2008

Judged:

Send him to the program that he has helped cure so many others.. AADP. Then relieve him of his Judical position, make it impossible for him to earn a descent wage because of his conviction, charge him outrageous program fees,take away or suspend his driving privileges,have him attend AA for the rest of his life, issue frequent Drug and Alcohol test(just to keep the fees coming). And if he refuses then offer him an alternative program like House Arrest or Work Release but be sure to return him to AADP after completion,because we still need more money for the Harrison Square project.
Welcome to HELL,JUDGE
Nunya

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2008

mau wrote:
I know family members who were punished severly by this judge for the exact same thing...it is of my opinion that the same punishment (Jail/fines) be given to him. Since he is "suppose" to be a man of standard it is only fare that he becomes an example for all those in authority who think they are above the law.
I agree that he should get the same punishment he gives out and hopefully that will happen.
Sally

New Paris, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2008

I hope the judges get treated the way they treat the people that come up before them.

Geneva, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2008

No, he shouldn't get the same sentence that judges give drunk driving criminals. Most judges, from what we see every day in the news, give drunk drivers lite sentences and throw them back out into society so they can continue driving any car they dammmn well want. Suspend their license? Why? What does that do? They can still get in any car and drive it while they are drunk. Send them to AA classes? Why? Afterward they will go down to the bar, get drunk and then hop in their car and drive home. What good is it going to do to give him the same sentence to a judge that all the other drunk drivers get?

Crown Point, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2008

Uh huh, what I tell ya. He's being allowed to keep his license AND he refused two breath tests. Yep, gonna be let go Scott Free just like I said. Pay attention and learn how they roll.
Fight AADP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2008

Judge Thomas Felts of Allen County was arrested early friday morning in Indianapolis July 18th, 2008 for driving under the influence. This is the same judge who has sentenced and passed judgement on hundreds of other D.U.I. offenders that have come through his court room. These offenders are forced to take a drug called Antabuse which effects their liver much like alcohol does. Many of these clients have major medical side-effects and are ignored and railroaded by AADP (the facility administering the drug) and the Allen County court system only in an attempt to continue this shameless medical malpractice for profit. These are the facts that should be known but unfortunately no one is brave enough to report this locally. We put our faith in the law and the courts to be just and fair. When a judge gets a D.W.I. and doesn't show up for court and retains his drivers license as well, it makes one wonder if the law is in place for the greater good or just to make those in power immune to their own law. For more information go to:
www.myspace.com/aadpwillkillu
www.fightaadp.bravehost.com

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2008

I say let him go free!!! He's above and beyond the judicial system, he's a god in the eyes of the justice system and should remain immune to anything us peons should ever be sentenced to for our actions that are ruled over by gods like this. Let him go free as well as all the rich and famous and let us battle it out down here on earth. Of course that's what they are saying in their own little world of behind the scenes judicial power in the court houses.
try the truth

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Dr. Kathryn Loy Fletcher of Ball State Drove Drunk With Child in car which is a Class D felony. She is the wife of serology supervisor David A. Smith of the Indianapolis Marion County crime lab. Charges: Fletcher, Kathryn Loy Citation StatuteLevelDate1. 9-30-5-3(a) (2)/FD: Operating Vehicle While Intoxicated; Passenger Under (18) Years of Age. C14651569-30-5-3(a)(2) Felony D. 04/05/20112. 9-30-5-2(a);(b)/M A: Operating While Intoxicated Endangering a PersonC14651569-30-5-2(a);(b)M isdemeanor Class A04/05/20113. 9-30-5-1(a)/MC: Oper Veh w/ Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to at Least .08 but Less than .15C14651569-30-5-1(a)Misdemea nor Class C04/05/2011Events & Orders of the Court.
Waiter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

try the truth wrote:
Dr. Kathryn Loy Fletcher of Ball State Drove Drunk With Child in car which is a Class D felony. She is the wife of serology supervisor David A. Smith of the Indianapolis Marion County crime lab. Charges: Fletcher, Kathryn Loy Citation StatuteLevelDate1. 9-30-5-3(a)(2)/FD: Operating Vehicle While Intoxicated; Passenger Under (18) Years of Age. C14651569-30-5-3(a)(2) Felony D. 04/05/20112. 9-30-5-2(a);(b)/MA: Operating While Intoxicated Endangering a PersonC14651569-30-5-2(a);(b)M isdemeanor Class A04/05/20113. 9-30-5-1(a)/MC: Oper Veh w/ Alcohol Concentration Equivalent to at Least .08 but Less than .15C14651569-30-5-1(a)Misdemea nor Class C04/05/2011Events & Orders of the Court.
10 points for digging up a 5 year old thread to say this.

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I don't understand. Here is a person that you are after just because of his job. But let the police give out a few tickets to underage kids and you are all over them. Another reason that we need Sunday sales of alcohol. People can not go one day with their drink.
joe

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

No. 02S00-0901-JD-26
IN THE MATTER OF THE HONORABLE
THOMAS J. FELTS, JUDGE
IN THE ALLEN CIRCUIT COURT

On Friday, July 18, 2008, Respondent was arrested
and subsequently charged in the Marion Superior Court with operating a motor vehicle with an
alcohol concentration equivalent of at least .15 gram of alcohol per either 100 milliliters of the
person’s blood or 210 liters of the person’s breath, a Class A misdemeanor, see Ind. Code § 9-2
30-5-1(b), and with Public Intoxication, a Class B misdemeanor, see Ind. Code § 7.1-5-1-3.
Pursuant to a plea agreement, Respondent pled guilty to the class A misdemeanor charge and the
State dismissed the remaining charge.
think ethics

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

joe wrote:
No. 02S00-0901-JD-26
IN THE MATTER OF THE HONORABLE
THOMAS J. FELTS, JUDGE
IN THE ALLEN CIRCUIT COURT
On Friday, July 18, 2008, Respondent was arrested
and subsequently charged in the Marion Superior Court with operating a motor vehicle with an
alcohol concentration equivalent of at least .15 gram of alcohol per either 100 milliliters of the
person’s blood or 210 liters of the person’s breath, a Class A misdemeanor, see Ind. Code § 9-2
30-5-1(b), and with Public Intoxication, a Class B misdemeanor, see Ind. Code § 7.1-5-1-3.
Pursuant to a plea agreement, Respondent pled guilty to the class A misdemeanor charge and the
State dismissed the remaining charge.
This is a breakdown in ethics. Obviously, judgment skills are missing for them. It is a breakdown in society and decorum. They made a choice to choose a life that places them as leaders to the public. The lack of judgment and decision making is repetitive in both cases. Drunk driving is just as lethal as a loaded gun. Accidents will happen everyday, but put a weapon like a drunk driver in the mix and now it is playing roulette with lives. Would you want them on the road next to your child, parent, spouse, significant other, or friend? The answer is not up to us, it is up to them. What does the future hold with the decisions they've made? Play life roulette on their drunken road, and find out for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Allen County Discussions

Search the Allen County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Baby tossed against wall; mom charged Feb '14 Grim Reeper 1
Pill theft alleged at nursing center (Dec '13) Dec '13 sandy 2
Indy officer's new arrest might be heard at trial (Jun '13) Jun '13 ima hoosier 5
Police Arrest 16 Year Old for Attempted Robbery (Jun '13) Jun '13 Ft Wayne 3
High water postpones river cleanup (Apr '13) Apr '13 Space Donkey 1
Influx of Burmese refugees likely (Jan '13) Feb '13 feta 4
Sudden storm's 91 mph high wind ravages region;... (Jun '12) Jul '12 Keithreust 2
•••
•••