Two former Cairo fire department memb...

Two former Cairo fire department members go back to court for arson

There are 10 comments on the KZIM-AM Cape Girardeau story from Aug 4, 2011, titled Two former Cairo fire department members go back to court for arson. In it, KZIM-AM Cape Girardeau reports that:

A former member of the Cairo, Illinois, auxiliary fire department will go to trial this fall for arson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KZIM-AM Cape Girardeau.

2awsum

Cairo, IL

#1 Aug 11, 2011
why does 1 of them have a preliminary hearing first & the other 1 already got a jury trial date?

Since: May 11

Cairo, Illinois

#2 Aug 11, 2011
Because one pleaded guilty, but the other not guilty. Pitcher wants pleaded not guilty.

Cairo, Illinois

#3 Aug 11, 2011
Ooops... was gonna say Pitcher wants a trial, but I only remember the news saying Pitcher pleaded not guilty.
bean

Avondale, AZ

#4 Sep 11, 2011
who is pitcher? I knew a Ritchie but he is older than that and not old enough to be the father I don't think
Slick

United States

#5 Sep 12, 2011
bean wrote:
who is pitcher? I knew a Ritchie but he is older than that and not old enough to be the father I don't think
Scott Pither...his son
hmmm

Toledo, OH

#6 Sep 18, 2011
So you are saying Patrick pleaded guilty? Where are you getting your info? Not saying you are wrong at all, just wondering.

Cairo, Illinois

#7 Sep 19, 2011
From the article online. I should have included a link to it. Sorry.

Guam

#8 Sep 20, 2011
1958cairo wrote:
From the article online. I should have included a link to it. Sorry.
Hello again,
I will be in town as I told you a few months back. We talked about the issues FD.
bond

Cairo, IL

#9 Oct 6, 2011
Firefighters’ pre-trial scheduled

Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2011 2:00 am

CAIRO -- Two Cairo auxiliary firefighters Wednesday were granted a second pre-trial conference Nov. 16.

Richard Scott Pitcher, 18, of Cairo and David Patrick, 22, of Arlington, Ky., are accused of two counts of arson. Police allege the two set fire to a storage facility adjacent to 33rd street and the Mississippi River levee, owned by Abdul J. "Robert" Baba, on Jan. 22.

The second fire occurred April 16 to a residence owned by Kenneth Maupin on Illinois 37.

The charges are Class 2 felonies, which could result in a prison sentence of 3 to 14 years. Both are out on bond.

Read more: http://thesouthern.com/news/local/article_4a0...
Slim Pickens

Waynesville, MO

#10 Oct 6, 2011
I believe this is video surveillance of the offense:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alexander County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HUD Secretary Ben Carson holds firm despite stu... (May '17) Feb '18 Hmm 7
News Tired Of Promises, A Struggling Small Town Want... (Apr '17) Feb '18 Joe Dirt 12
News Housing authority in Illinois gave generous ret... (May '17) Feb '18 Nana I 2
News Housing crisis sparks fears of an end for Illin... (May '17) Feb '18 Nana 2
News Duckworth & Durbin to President: Do more to add... (Sep '17) Sep '17 LOL 2
News Alexander County man gets 20 years for child po... (Jan '17) Aug '17 Greg W 3
News Housing crisis sparks fears of an end for Illin... (May '17) May '17 Son of cario 3