Chris Dumler Receives Death Threat

Chris Dumler Receives Death Threat

There are 59 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 12, 2013, titled Chris Dumler Receives Death Threat. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Albemarle County Supervisor Chris Dumler has received a death threat, prompting a change of plans for Saturday's Charlottesville-Albemarle Democratic Breakfast.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cville13

Warrenton, VA

#1 Feb 15, 2013
He gets charged with crimes like that. Then he should be asked to step down. If he doesn't step down then your telling others who do those crimes that it is ok and the barrier crime only stands for certain people.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 15, 2013
Sent it to himself no doubt.
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Without proof or confirmation from Dumler or the police, I guess we'll have to take this threat on face value.

But I wonder - presuming Ann Mallek didn't get a death threat, why isn't the program continuing with her alone?

Instead, the local Dems will do something "productive" - a mock reading of Cuccinelli's latest book. Given the recent criminal charges against local Democratic candidates and officials (Dumler, Neff, and Halfaday), I guess they need to manufacture a few laughs.
Kim Holleman

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Feb 15, 2013
I posted on this "man's" Facebook page and emailed his office personally. He is a disgrace to his gender, to his father, to his mother and to the fine people who put him where he is today. The proof that he has zero decency and zero credibility as a County Board Supervisor is his refusal to step down after being asked to do so under completely understandable circumstances.

The fact that he did this in the first place is proof positive that he never had any qualifications as a human being worthy of the position he help in the first place.

What a horrific representative for Charlottesville-Albemarle. If he had any sense or any shame at all, he'd step down immediately. We can conclude by this and the disgraceful crime with which he's been charged, that he has neither.
Lewis

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 15, 2013
Once again he neglects duties affiliated with being a supervisor
Kim Holleman

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Feb 15, 2013
Cville13 wrote:
He gets charged with crimes like that. Then he should be asked to step down. If he doesn't step down then your telling others who do those crimes that it is ok and the barrier crime only stands for certain people.
I agree with you 100%.
ScottsvilleRes

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Feb 15, 2013
Lewis wrote:
Once again he neglects duties affiliated with being a supervisor
That's right, Lewis! Now that you mention it, I do remember that part of the Oath of Office that says a Supervisor shall "Agree to speak at all biweekly, monthly, or semi-annual breakfast or brunch events or any other events in which breakfast or brunch foods--including, but not limited to, bagels, croissants, and doughnuts, jellied or otherwise--hosted by his or her respective Political Party or other Affiliated Organizations." Shame on that Dumler for neglecting his duties!
Jamie

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Feb 15, 2013
anyone on facebook who wants to stay up-to-date can "like the following page: https://www.facebook.com/dumlermustgo
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Feb 15, 2013
You know, if it wasn't for Cynthia Neff and Delores Rogers trolling on every online message board in town to post supporting responses for Chris Dumler, this town would be in 100% agreement on the matter. LOL!

Judged:

12

11

2

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Norman Mailer

Blackstone, IL

#10 Feb 15, 2013
William Gass once called me a publicist , not a novelist.

He never met Mr. Dumler who would beat me eighth ways
to sunday, as they say.
Bud Out

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Feb 15, 2013
Amanda wrote:
Without proof or confirmation from Dumler or the police, I guess we'll have to take this threat on face value.
But I wonder - presuming Ann Mallek didn't get a death threat, why isn't the program continuing with her alone?
Instead, the local Dems will do something "productive" - a mock reading of Cuccinelli's latest book. Given the recent criminal charges against local Democratic candidates and officials (Dumler, Neff, and Halfaday), I guess they need to manufacture a few laughs.
You have confirmed your political agenda...sore loser.
Aint that the Truth

Scottsville, VA

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Amanda wrote:
You know, if it wasn't for Cynthia Neff and Delores Rogers trolling on every online message board in town to post supporting responses for Chris Dumler, this town would be in 100% agreement on the matter. LOL!
Thanks for saying what many have long thought. Delores Rogers is a mean spiteful person who needs to leave "our" community before she supports any loser for elected office. She is right behind Dumler when it comes to pitiful people in Scottsville.
Crozet Resident

Charlottesville, VA

#13 Feb 15, 2013
Kim Holleman wrote:
I posted on this "man's" Facebook page and emailed his office personally. He is a disgrace to his gender, to his father, to his mother and to the fine people who put him where he is today. The proof that he has zero decency and zero credibility as a County Board Supervisor is his refusal to step down after being asked to do so under completely understandable circumstances.
The fact that he did this in the first place is proof positive that he never had any qualifications as a human being worthy of the position he help in the first place.
What a horrific representative for Charlottesville-Albemarle. If he had any sense or any shame at all, he'd step down immediately. We can conclude by this and the disgraceful crime with which he's been charged, that he has neither.
Well said Kim Holleman!!!!! I just want to wipe that little smirk off his face. He thinks nobody can touch him.
Lewis

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Jamie wrote:
anyone on facebook who wants to stay up-to-date can "like the following page: https://www.facebook.com/dumlermustgo
I said 'affiliated' you must have read my post wrong too
Lewis

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Feb 15, 2013
So I take it from this story that 'Dumler was joining Ann Mallek for a conversation about county issues,' but because he canceled they are 'going to now feature a reading of Ken Cuccinelli's new book.' Which means Ann Mallek canceled.

What about the person in Malleks district who was planning to attend... who might have a real issue or concern he had planned on discussing with her?
What if Saturday is the only day he can get away from his job, family or farm?

Do you now see how Dumler is affecting others outside of his district?
Goes around Comes around

Gladys, VA

#16 Feb 15, 2013
Amanda wrote:
Without proof or confirmation from Dumler or the police, I guess we'll have to take this threat on face value.
Yes, since the police aren't able to comment. Maybe it was an internet threat, and he will have to finally turn over his laptop to the police for inspection. Wouldn't that be grand?
Let's see...this incident reminds me of something else...what was it? Oh, yeah...when Halfaday was injured by the earthquake.
I think Dumler knows that the citizens are going to continue to be outraged until he resigns, and every public forum that he attends will see a protest. Hopefully his friends will soon tire of it and the guilt by association and encourage him to do the right thing, STEP DOWN.
Goes around Comes around

Gladys, VA

#17 Feb 15, 2013
Lewis wrote:
What about the person in Malleks district who was planning to attend... who might have a real issue or concern he had planned on discussing with her?
Here's a question for Mallek...how do you sleep at night knowing that you have abandoned women who have been sexually assaulted in favor of a convicted perpetrator?
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Feb 15, 2013
Bud Out wrote:
<quoted text>
You have confirmed your political agenda...sore loser.
OUCH! You got me!

My "political agenda" is to avoid having admitted sex offenders, drunk drivers, and perjurers in county and city government.

Why is yours seemingly the opposite to have them serve you?
Cvillian

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Feb 15, 2013
Once again the "Criminal" plays the "Victim". When he was first arrested and charged, he came up with the ruse that two ex-lovers were out to get him. Now he says he has death threats against him, so he can't attend the Party breakfast meeting. His apologizers say that all the bruhaha over his conviction and call to step down is a GOP-lead plot. Dumler as victim! That's just the tack Blago took in Chicago! It didn't work for him, and it won't work for Dumler. Totally pathological. Women UNITE against this man before it's too late!
Steven

Atlanta, GA

#20 Feb 15, 2013
Aint that the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for saying what many have long thought. Delores Rogers is a mean spiteful person who needs to leave "our" community before she supports any loser for elected office. She is right behind Dumler when it comes to pitiful people in Scottsville.
Dolores Rogers actually messaged me to ask that I remove a comment I made on the Dumler Must Go facebook page. I told her no. So not only is she a contemptable shrew, she just wants all of us to shut up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Patient X 1
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling (Oct '15) Feb '16 screwem 5
News Partnership to Help More Area Kids (Sep '15) Sep '15 Taysha 1
Regal Theatres Against Military (May '15) May '15 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Berry Receives 29 Years For Robberies (Jul '10) Mar '15 GodCanJudgeNotYou 19
News Suspect in U.Va. murder case to appear in court (Feb '15) Feb '15 Paul 1
News Charlottesville population has increased by ten... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Terradive 1
More from around the web