March Snow Wreaks Havoc on Central VA...

March Snow Wreaks Havoc on Central VA Roads - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea...

There are 26 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 5, 2012, titled March Snow Wreaks Havoc on Central VA Roads - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Wea.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Snow has blanketed central Virginia this afternoon, and while kids are excited to have a snow day, it has caused havoc on area roads.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just saying

Aldie, VA

#22 Mar 5, 2012
Lewis wrote:
No Verizon cell service in Gordonsville for several hours. Any word?
NEVRE LOST MY VERIZON SERVICE
greene county

Ruckersville, VA

#23 Mar 5, 2012
Grego from the past wrote:
I been drivin in this stuff for 50 yrs. before we had fwd, little common sense is all ya need need, I can remember back in the 60's had to put chains on the bus to go to school, you didn't call off school unless the drifts were so deep you couldn't pass, now the whimps wanna call off school if a skift wet snow. so sad. I don't blame Ed Clymore(City of Staunton) for not cancelling schools, by the time school let out would be clear sailing. The 4wd's are not to run 55mph, they are to help u in a bind and that's all.
the bus in greene broke down in someone driving by didnt see it and slammed into it there should had been a 2hr delay better safe then sorry when u cant see to drive then schools should atleasst have a 2 hr delay children lives are on the line there are more people on the roads now adays then back in the 60s and there are alot more destraction these days then back then
Hope

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Mar 5, 2012
wwtjdo wrote:
It was Georg W. Bush's fault..
Did your tinfoil hat fall off?
greene with anger

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Mar 5, 2012
Greene county should be apologizing to the parents for their lack of regard for the kids' safety this morning.
Hmmmm

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Mar 5, 2012
i dont know where the hell you were at but where i was on 53, slowing down didnt help the matter so I don't know what you seen this morning that wasnt so bad. I think people on the 53 side will beg to differ.

Rita wrote:
<quoted text>
If they would just slow down. Nothing out there this morning was so bad that slowing down and leaving plenty of space between vehicles wouldn't have solved.
kjjj

Warrenton, VA

#27 Mar 9, 2012
Gru wrote:
<quoted text> THANK YOU!! Good, Lord, finally someone with a brain! Slow down; leave plenty of space; slow, wide, EASY turns; don't slam on the brakes -- when you see the traffic stopping up ahead (or a light or stop sign)-- FOOT OFF THE GAS! Downshifting is better (or engine-braking if automatic). This is great for going down-hill. And when going UP hill, for heaven's sake, JUST KEEP GOING!!!
Actually, having grown up on a farm in the snow belt, I can tell you that down shifting is like throwing the emergency break on in the snow... So, no, down shifting on slippery roads is a horrible idea...FYI

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Patient X 1
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling (Oct '15) Feb '16 screwem 5
News Partnership to Help More Area Kids (Sep '15) Sep '15 Taysha 1
Regal Theatres Against Military (May '15) May '15 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Berry Receives 29 Years For Robberies (Jul '10) Mar '15 GodCanJudgeNotYou 19
News Suspect in U.Va. murder case to appear in court (Feb '15) Feb '15 Paul 1
News Charlottesville population has increased by ten... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Terradive 1
More from around the web