Fluvanna Man Dies in Single-Vehicle A...

Fluvanna Man Dies in Single-Vehicle Accident

There are 21 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 15, 2013, titled Fluvanna Man Dies in Single-Vehicle Accident. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

FLUVANNA CO., Va. At approximately 11:53 p.m., Virginia State Police Sr. Trooper M.J. Covert, responded to a single-vehicle crash Monday, Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe

Scottsville, VA

#1 Jan 17, 2013
A good man. Speed and alcohol are factors in the crash. A shame.
Buckle up

Boones Mill, VA

#2 Jan 17, 2013
Since this truck is equipped with front airbags, he might have survived if he had been belted. Condolences to the family and friends (and also for the family of the man last week with no seat belt and no airbags - but I suspect he understood the consequences in that case, unfortunately)
PVCC

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 17, 2013
anyone know if this was Billy that used to (may have still been there)drive for Charlottesville wrecker? I think he worked for Interstate pest before that? I knew him years back if it was the same guy. I'm almost sure that was his last name and the age is about right. He went out with a friend of mine. Nice guy, he went to some concerts with us. So sad to read this :(
Haislip

United States

#4 Jan 18, 2013
PVCC wrote:
anyone know if this was Billy that used to (may have still been there)drive for Charlottesville wrecker? I think he worked for Interstate pest before that? I knew him years back if it was the same guy. I'm almost sure that was his last name and the age is about right. He went out with a friend of mine. Nice guy, he went to some concerts with us. So sad to read this :(

NO he did NOT drive a wrecker.. and he didn't work for Interstate pest control.. and it really sad.
someonewhocares

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jan 18, 2013
"Speed and alcohol are factors in the crash", really? Couldn't this detail have been left out so as to not to offend or hurt the family any more? Gees! A man is dead. Who ya got working at that place, anyway? Billy was a wonderful man, and a very hard working man. This little tidbit of information shows a lack of respect towards family and friends.
Fluco Girl

Loretto, PA

#6 Jan 18, 2013
It is a shame that we have the editors that we have in Charlottesville! So damn disrespectful and do not know how to write an article! Makes me so mad at the crap I read!
Sure

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 18, 2013
someonewhocares wrote:
"Speed and alcohol are factors in the crash", really? Couldn't this detail have been left out so as to not to offend or hurt the family any more? Gees! A man is dead. Who ya got working at that place, anyway? Billy was a wonderful man, and a very hard working man. This little tidbit of information shows a lack of respect towards family and friends.
They simply report what's given to them. These "little tidbits" are major contributors to this man's untimely death and could serve as a reminder for someone else. Back those two tidbits out and add in the SEAT BELT and this man could be in a different place today with his family! If you want to be angry with someone; the reporter should not be your first choice.
thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jan 18, 2013
Fluco Girl wrote:
It is a shame that we have the editors that we have in Charlottesville! So damn disrespectful and do not know how to write an article! Makes me so mad at the crap I read!
is someone forcing you to read this article?
someonewhocares

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jan 18, 2013
@sure, I do realize that they report facts, but to those who knew him and loved him, especially his children, they don't need to see that or hear about that. That's all I'm saying. And since when is voicing your opinion about something wrong. I believe it's my right. The facts are: a man is dead following a single vehicle accident. Those are the undisputable facts.
goodtobeme

Lexington, VA

#10 Jan 18, 2013
someonewhocares wrote:
@sure, I do realize that they report facts, but to those who knew him and loved him, especially his children, they don't need to see that or hear about that. That's all I'm saying. And since when is voicing your opinion about something wrong. I believe it's my right. The facts are: a man is dead following a single vehicle accident. Those are the undisputable facts.
I agree with you....why wait until the very day of his funeral and put this article in the paper and on TV what purpose does it serve except too make the family sadder then they probably are now I hope the news was worth it.........
Feed the Poor

Patrick Springs, VA

#11 Jan 18, 2013
someonewhocares wrote:
I would guess that his family were already aware of his habits of speeding, drinking and driving and not wearing a seatbelt. If the family is hurt and offended it should be towards the person that made their worst nightmare come true. This is always a tragic situation and "wonderful" men should value their lives more and take better care of themselves. I feel sad for the family and it sounds like they have lots of friends who will comfort them.
gary osteen

Newaygo, MI

#12 Jan 18, 2013
love him miss him enough said
Diana

Richmond, VA

#13 Jan 18, 2013
Unfortunate for family.
It is important, however, to report alcohol
related deaths as it is a reminder to others
of what can happen while driving under the
influence. I see that the family should not
be shamed but consider it helpful to others.
PVCC

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jan 18, 2013
Well I'm glad to read it wasn't the Billy I knew but it was Billy that other people knew and loved and to them I send my condolences. I hope you can find the strength to get through this.
renee

Atlanta, GA

#15 Jan 18, 2013
I found it
save alife

South Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jan 18, 2013
someonewhocares wrote:
~~~yes, the details needs to be know. MAYBE, just maybe one life might
be saved from the TRUTH being told. THIS man, he did not have to die. WHEN will people get i???? ALCOHOL + SPEEDING, can = DEATH.
This time the driver took only his life from his decisions. AFTER you bury
a loved one, like I have, becaused someone thoght they could drive drunk, instead hit my loved one HEAD ONE and killed them, then talk to me about why the facts/truth should not be told!
Sure

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jan 18, 2013
someonewhocares wrote:
To your list of "undisputable facts" you need to add, driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding, and not wearing a seat belt. He could have probably survived the DUI and speed but getting ejected from the vehicle tends to be unforgiving. You are allowed and have a right to voice an opinion on this forum; others have the same rights as well. All things considered, the forum seems to be working pretty well.
Deputy Dawg

Cumming, GA

#18 Jan 18, 2013
someonewhocares wrote:
....his children, they don't need to see that or hear about (speed and DUI)....
They are the ones who DO need to hear it.

The knowledge of why annd how their dad died might just save their life someday.
New Yorker

Palmyra, VA

#19 Jan 19, 2013
As I saw this information when I was getting ready to go to the funeral I thought it was distasteful to report the facts on the day of his service. After reading all the comments, I do see points on each side but still wish they had not done it on the day of his funeral. He was a good man who loved his wife and children. Please learn from this but don't make him out to be a horrible person. He was the DD on New Year's Eve and did not drink an ounce. Its been an extremely difficult week and please let him rest in peace as well as his family!!
antiejectiontric k

Newark, NJ

#20 Jan 19, 2013
It's a news forum, not a tribute/memorial page. At least it wasn't suicide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ragged Mountain Dam Lawsuit Filed - NBC29 WVIR ... (Mar '12) Jul '17 K curra 43
Bus Drivers Not Respected Jun '17 Bus Drivers Not R... 1
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Patient X 1
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling (Oct '15) Feb '16 screwem 5
News Partnership to Help More Area Kids (Sep '15) Sep '15 Taysha 1
Regal Theatres Against Military (May '15) May '15 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Berry Receives 29 Years For Robberies (Jul '10) Mar '15 GodCanJudgeNotYou 19
More from around the web