Albemarle Police Charge Former Albema...

Albemarle Police Charge Former Albemarle Officer with Rape - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News,...

There are 170 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 5, 2012, titled Albemarle Police Charge Former Albemarle Officer with Rape - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News,.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The NBC29 news room received the following press release from the Albemarle County Police Department: The Albemarle County Police have conducted a thorough investigation regarding a reported rape.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Aquaintance

Palmyra, VA

#167 Jan 9, 2012
History Lesson wrote:
<quoted text>
I will try to answer this to the best of my recollection. He, like many others before him, left the UVA police to seek a police job with a little more excitement. While employed at the Albemarle police I doubt he had bad marks on his record. He then left the Albemarle police for a better paying job in the private sector. But at the same time he also joined the Albemarle auxiliary force so as to keep his foot in the profession so to speak. Being an auxiliary deputy allows one to attend state mandated training every two years to keep their state certification up to date. This way they can go back into law enforcement without having to attend the entire police academy again.
He wasn't hopping from job to job because of disciplinary problems or anything like that.
I'd hardly call working as the manager of Arby's Forrest Lakes as a "better paying job in the private sector".
History Lesson

Charlottesville, VA

#168 Jan 9, 2012
Aquaintance wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd hardly call working as the manager of Arby's Forrest Lakes as a "better paying job in the private sector".
I wasn't aware of the Arby's gig, but you would be surprised how much management levels at fast food restuarants make. Sure, the front line employees make minimum wage, but not management. I would imagine he was still making more even if you take the free car and free gas out of the formula while he was working at the Albemarle Police Department.
Legend

Charlottesville, VA

#169 Jan 10, 2012
Laughing at the fools wrote:
<quoted text>
again, missing my point, that was a joke, if they rest of the thread had been read instead of just throwing out blind responses, you would have caught that.
I know as well as anyone that has posted here so far exactly how our local system works, and has for several decades.
The sentence may change however depending on if they need to make an example.
Given the background for this case however, there is no example to be made here.
If you wish to get a few of the more important details on the case..29 is NOT the place to be.
there is nothing funny about a man in authority, who's job it is to overwatch, and yes, even protect inmates, sexually assaulting another man in his custody. this is not the material for jokes. you have some serious issues if you find any of this funny.
History Lesson

Charlottesville, VA

#170 Jan 10, 2012
Legend wrote:
<quoted text>
there is nothing funny about a man in authority, who's job it is to overwatch, and yes, even protect inmates, sexually assaulting another man in his custody.
He probably watched "Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay" way too many times. It was actually pretty funny in the movie.

“Keeping life realistic”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#171 Jan 10, 2012
Legend wrote:
<quoted text>
there is nothing funny about a man in authority, who's job it is to overwatch, and yes, even protect inmates, sexually assaulting another man in his custody. this is not the material for jokes. you have some serious issues if you find any of this funny.
who has said anything about assaulting somebody in custody. The charges in question involve his...we'll say a "female relative" until the details are released.
So yes, the conclusions that are being drawn, without any facts involved, are laughable at best.
terrie

Lansing, MI

#172 Jan 12, 2012
was he at uva when that girl disappeared from the concert?
Kacy

Bensalem, PA

#175 Jan 29, 2012
First off, when you are dealing with "country police" department there are always some weird and creepy cops. This guy looks like a creep. It appears by the description that he married a woman who had a daughter in college.
So, here's what may have happened. He went after the daughter for sex and now he's being charged with rape. There may be a relationship to the college girl killed at the rock concert. He could have been off duty and abducted Morgan Harrington. Maybe, he offered her help. Anyway, the only thing that wouldn't fit is the DNA, but if the police department is crooked they could have falsified the DNA match with the Fairfax assault to throw people on a cold trail.
I still believe that farm owner where they found Morgan's body knows something. Hillbilly criminals think everyone is dumb enough to believe them.
Kacy

Bensalem, PA

#176 Jan 29, 2012
Hillbilly police departments always have skeletons coming out of the closets. It' like halloween when you go out to some of those remote country towns.
THE DUDE

Jacksonville, FL

#177 Apr 2, 2012
Cops are people who make mistakes too. and then they pay for it. END OF STORY
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#178 Apr 2, 2012
THE DUDE wrote:
Cops are people who make mistakes too. and then they pay for it. END OF STORY
What, three months later you pipe up with that bit of profound wisdom? Actually, it is not the "END OF STORY" at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Mar '16 Patient X 1
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling (Oct '15) Feb '16 screwem 5
News Partnership to Help More Area Kids (Sep '15) Sep '15 Taysha 1
Regal Theatres Against Military (May '15) May '15 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Berry Receives 29 Years For Robberies (Jul '10) Mar '15 GodCanJudgeNotYou 19
News Suspect in U.Va. murder case to appear in court (Feb '15) Feb '15 Paul 1
News Charlottesville population has increased by ten... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Terradive 1
More from around the web