Albemarle Police Charge Former Albema...

Albemarle Police Charge Former Albemarle Officer with Rape - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News,...

There are 170 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 5, 2012, titled Albemarle Police Charge Former Albemarle Officer with Rape - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News,.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The NBC29 news room received the following press release from the Albemarle County Police Department: The Albemarle County Police have conducted a thorough investigation regarding a reported rape.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
copper

Crozet, VA

#1 Jan 5, 2012
Ok if true this is one thank goodness is not full time dumbsaz pos. You have to love how 29 is so eager to report any cops that might be corrupt because the owner of 29's son was busted. But I never heard anything about sheriff smith hiring dui dave roach as a investigator for greene, must be some what of birds of a feather
History Lesson

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 5, 2012
I do not believe this for a split second. Sean Horn is not going to throw anybody down and rape them.

There's far too many cops that think arresting former cops or auxilary cops for something is going to be a feather in their cap. I'll never forget a remark I witnessed a while back... a green behind the ears rookie told another cop, "this arrest is going to land me a promoton!" And that my friends is the honest to God truth!!!
interested to know

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jan 5, 2012
was it a student while he was a school resource officer?
Citizen

Scottsville, VA

#4 Jan 5, 2012
Too bad NBC 29 employees don't have to undergo random urinalysis, back ground checks and polygraph exams like police do. Who wants to bet that cops rack up as many law violations as so called journalists do?

Come to think of it random drug testing would be a boost for the bar association and city council as well.
Townie

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jan 5, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Too bad NBC 29 employees don't have to undergo random urinalysis, back ground checks and polygraph exams like police do. Who wants to bet that cops rack up as many law violations as so called journalists do?
Come to think of it random drug testing would be a boost for the bar association and city council as well.
Don't think it's a urine test that'll doom this dude- another bodily fluid maybe, but not urine. What a douche.
WTF

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jan 5, 2012
Do not believe it.
WTF

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jan 5, 2012
If the bond hearing is in J&D court the victim has to be a family member or minor
WOW

Keysville, VA

#8 Jan 5, 2012
Wasnt he suppose to come work for the new clean GREENE county ethical and moral Smith department?
but as for this guy if thi is true which they must have something good to obtain warrants on him all I can offer is advise and thats "DONT DROP THE SOAP".
now im thinking were any of the former Greene deputies charged with anything uhm NO but let me guess everyone knows someone or heard something yada yada yada. no proof no warrants nothing happen but steves boy here look out.....
FOUR MORE... YEARS FOUR....MORE YEARS..... COME ON STEVE LOL
ralph

Scottsville, VA

#9 Jan 5, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Makes sense. Those who write about the police should be held to the same standards. Fair is fair. Especially true for politicians and lawyers.
Rusty

Edinburg, VA

#10 Jan 5, 2012
Bartle-doo!
Tina

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jan 5, 2012
Was this cop (Sean Horn)married? Just curious.
gasbag

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jan 5, 2012
It is.
Guy Fawkes

Charlottesville, VA

#14 Jan 5, 2012
After an investigation this guy was charged with rape. So one would believe that there is some substance to the charges as I'm sure there was every effort made to insure said charges would hold water in court. That being said, where in the world are we getting these cops from. Every week we read about some cop getting busted for something. If the general public committed crimes at the same proportion as these thugs do, we'd all be in a world of hurt with crime taking place on every street corner. Are there no background checks on these guys? Psych interviews? interviews at all? references? anything? Just give em a badge and gun and wreak havoc on the rest of us. Pigs one and all.
gasbag

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Jan 5, 2012
It's in J & D court. Read between the lines.
Guy Fawkes

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jan 5, 2012
ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes sense. Those who write about the police should be held to the same standards. Fair is fair. Especially true for politicians and lawyers.
Bull Ralphy, I don't wear no stinking badge and gun and profess to protect and serve. Not that it matters but I don't even drink. What about you hypocrite?
Hoogie

United States

#18 Jan 5, 2012
There's been alot of law enforcement arrests lately.
I guess he thought he wouldn't get caught, since he was law enforcement!!
hgfjghfjghj

Atlanta, GA

#19 Jan 5, 2012
History Lesson wrote:
Do his step daughters like him?
If not, this is a fine way to get rid of him. Happens far more often than people would believe.
his step daughters love him, he's been in their life for quite a while
History Lesson

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Jan 5, 2012
hgfjghfjghj wrote:
<quoted text> his step daughters love him, he's been in their life for quite a while
Oh well. Blows that train of thought.

I still refuse to believe he raped anybody!
Guardian

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Jan 5, 2012
This is what you get when there are no moral standards in the ACPD, and hasn't been for a long time, and it is only typical of this area. Stories like this one just prove my point, and it seems you only have to wait a few days for another one to become public. Sad................., but true.
Stanardsville

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Jan 6, 2012
Why not come to Greene we hire convicted DUI offenders!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Mar '16 Patient X 1
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling (Oct '15) Feb '16 screwem 5
News Partnership to Help More Area Kids (Sep '15) Sep '15 Taysha 1
Regal Theatres Against Military (May '15) May '15 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Berry Receives 29 Years For Robberies (Jul '10) Mar '15 GodCanJudgeNotYou 19
News Suspect in U.Va. murder case to appear in court (Feb '15) Feb '15 Paul 1
News Charlottesville population has increased by ten... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Terradive 1
More from around the web