Latino Community Workshop Held in Alb...

Latino Community Workshop Held in Albemarle County - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports ...

There are 9 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 9, 2012, titled Latino Community Workshop Held in Albemarle County - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports .... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Many students struggle to fit in at school but for those who speak English as a second language it can seem nearly impossible.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

deport

Charlottesville, VA

#1 May 9, 2012
Deporting illegals and there ancors would solve about 95% of the problem
citizen

Charlottesville, VA

#2 May 10, 2012
deport wrote:
Deporting illegals and there ancors would solve about 95% of the problem
It is a nice idea but the local welfare majority doesn't want to work since they've learned they can live off other people's taxes through the countless public assistance programs.

As one self confessed illegal told me at the laundromat "the only reason why we are here is because Americans are lazy".
elmo

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 10, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a nice idea but the local welfare majority doesn't want to work since they've learned they can live off other people's taxes through the countless public assistance programs.
As one self confessed illegal told me at the laundromat "the only reason why we are here is because Americans are lazy".
Yey I have heard that, if you hear a lie long enough, you begin to believe it
yep

Charlottesville, VA

#4 May 10, 2012
For everyone interested in this meeting, they have rescheduled the meeting for next Monday. It will be held in California though, no longer in Virginia. Start driving!
elmo

Charlottesville, VA

#5 May 10, 2012
Ever notice when before your kids start school they give you a list of supplies that are way over what your kid could actually use for the year?

Its so you can supply the illegals too, I just store all my kids stuff at home till they need them, cause im not helping illegals using money for my kids
elmo

Charlottesville, VA

#6 May 10, 2012
They should have a workshop on how to return home and change there own corrupt government, ours is already set up
CvilleMechEngr

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 10, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Americans are lazy, and fat too. Not all of them certainly,
but look around you. Kids from this country don't want to do construction work or any other dirty work. It's not what they see on TV so it's not what they want.
I have watched Hispanic and white roofing crews working on the same site. Guess which crew installed three times more square footage each day than the other? The quality was better too. You saw the white guys taking 20 minutes smoke breaks every hour while the other crew grabbed water on the fly and kept working. Which crew would you hire?
We stand to lose everything through our own laziness.
Judy

Charlottesville, VA

#8 May 10, 2012
Illegals and immigrants realize they will have to work hard to "fit in" so please give them more credit. Why don't you spend your time preparing kids from the Latino community to attend American schools instead of expecting the teachers to do this. Teachers are already having a hard time, American students are ranked 17th in the world.
cvillemom

Charlottesville, VA

#9 May 11, 2012
elmo wrote:
Ever notice when before your kids start school they give you a list of supplies that are way over what your kid could actually use for the year?
Its so you can supply the illegals too, I just store all my kids stuff at home till they need them, cause im not helping illegals using money for my kids
Actually, it is becasue the supplies are for the whole year. They are shared by all the kids and if any family can't afford supplies, the teachers tell them to brign what they can afford.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ragged Mountain Dam Lawsuit Filed - NBC29 WVIR ... (Mar '12) Jul 12 K curra 43
Bus Drivers Not Respected Jun '17 Bus Drivers Not R... 1
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Patient X 1
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling (Oct '15) Feb '16 screwem 5
News Partnership to Help More Area Kids (Sep '15) Sep '15 Taysha 1
Regal Theatres Against Military (May '15) May '15 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Berry Receives 29 Years For Robberies (Jul '10) Mar '15 GodCanJudgeNotYou 19
More from around the web