Beamer Backs VT Help Save the Next Gi...

Beamer Backs VT Help Save the Next Girl Campaign - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports an...

There are 16 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Mar 8, 2012, titled Beamer Backs VT Help Save the Next Girl Campaign - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports an.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The murder case of a Virginia Tech student found in an Albemarle County farm is getting some help from the gridiron.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

observer

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Mar 8, 2012
The next girl should make it as long as she doesn't get blind drunk and leave her friends to hitch hike back home.
Person

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Mar 9, 2012
Right, observer. I think this is great, it's nice that Coach Beamer is lending a hand. But I have never heard anyone, certainly not Dr. and Mrs. Harrington, admit that that was part of the problem, and make that part of their message. "There is a bad guy out there." Well he's just one among many. We can help Save the Next Girl by preaching the gospel of staying sober and alert and being responsible. Have fun but know your surroundings, no matter where you are. Look out for your friends. There are so many messages and lessons in this that unfortunately are being glossed over.
Hokie

United States

#3 Mar 9, 2012
Ridiculous. Just because a girl gets drunk and makes a poor choice does not make it her fault she was murdered. Sure, part of the message should be making good choices, but don't point the finger at Morgan for getting murdered.
soothsayer

United States

#4 Mar 9, 2012
I don't think anyone is saying that it's anyone but the bad guy's fault that she was murdered -- but her own actions may have created the opportunity for her to become the next girl. The message should be equal parts "catch the bad guy" and "beware the bad guy -- here's how to stay out of harm's way by making good choices."
It Figures

Houston, TX

#5 Mar 9, 2012
observer wrote:
The next girl should make it as long as she doesn't get blind drunk and leave her friends to hitch hike back home.
Crude, but true.
It Figures

Houston, TX

#6 Mar 9, 2012
Hokie wrote:
Ridiculous. Just because a girl gets drunk and makes a poor choice does not make it her fault she was murdered. Sure, part of the message should be making good choices, but don't point the finger at Morgan for getting murdered.
I don't think anyone is blaming Morgan for getting murdered, they are just saying that if she had been a little more responsible for actions, she would not have been put in that dangerous situation.
soothsayer

United States

#7 Mar 9, 2012
For good or ill, if the civil suit ever moves forward we'll learn more about how her behavior the day and night of the concert -- what, when, and how much she drank, whether or what drugs she may have taken, etc. It will have to come out because of Virginia's contributory negligence law that says if Morgan's own actions make her even 1% responsible, even if RMC is 99% responsible, the Harringtons won't be awarded any money -- even if the jury finds against RMC. It's ok - it will be good to learn the details of her actions, as a cautionary tale to help save the next girl.
alabamamom

Dothan, AL

#8 Mar 9, 2012
So many blame the victim . Many will always blame the victim. Those would be the same people who would see a person in need of help , pass judgement & just keep on walking, not stopping to lend a hand. They figure , if the person had been more responsible , they would not need help & they are no babysitter , it's not their job.
I pity the fools who have that mindset.
Person

United States

#9 Mar 9, 2012
Hokie, I certainly don't want to sound like I'm blaming Morgan. She was a beautiful girl and that was a horrible tragedy. Horrible, too, that it happened in the relatively safe Charlottesville. I'm just addressing this "campaign" to save the next girl. There is much more to learn from this tragedy than that there is a bad guy out there. We don't even know where this bad guy is at the moment. He seems to be transient. If we're going to warn girls, lets be honest and tell them how Morgan found herself messed up and on a bridge hitch-hiking, and how that's not a very safe thing to do.
Pat Sparks

Mount Juliet, TN

#10 Mar 9, 2012
I AM SICK TO MY SOUL TO THINK THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WOULD BLAME THE VICTIM,WAKE UP YOU THINK THAT HELPS?WHAT IF IT WAS YOUR CHILD I BET YOU WOULD ABOUT RIGHT NOW BE PRETTY MAD AS TO WHAT THESE PEOPLE HAVE SAID.I AM ASHAME OF SUCH REMARKS.THIS GIRL DID NOT ASK FOR SOME ONE (IT'S NOT KNOWN) MAN OR WHO KILLED.A FAMILY HURTS,ALWAYS WILL,SHOW SOME MERCY,DON'T ACT LIKE YOU ARE SO PERFECT THAT YOU HAVE NEVER DRANK,WAS YOU THERE,DID YOU SEE HER,DID YOU DRANK?STOP IT AND PRAY FOR PEACE IN THESE PEOPLE HEART.A SISTER IN CHRIST
alabamamom

Dothan, AL

#11 Mar 9, 2012
If anyone knows or thinks they know who did this to Morgan But you have been afraid to pick up the phone & make that call ... Call TODAY !
If you are afraid of retaliation from another , or afraid of being bullied ...Call Virginia State Police Today.
soothsayer

Arlington, VA

#12 Mar 9, 2012
On the contrary, I'm an advocate of kids (or anyone, really) having a good time. But it doesn't hurt to remind them that alcohol and drugs can lead to bad decisions or risk taking. Even good, smart kids can end up doing dangerous things, like leaving their friends behind at a concert and trying to catch a ride with a strangers, even hitch hiking -- things they might not do when sober. And things that unfortunately led to a fatal outcome for poor Morgan. For her death not to be in vain, let's use it to warn others about the very real dangers that are out there, and encourage them not to make it easier for the monsters out there to get them.
Pat Sparks

Mount Juliet, TN

#13 Mar 14, 2012
I was thinking all the people had got their settlement,with the Terrible Deaths,I saw today were 2 girls got their settlement todayGod Bless all of these people.Help me out about the settlements.
Pat Sparks

Mount Juliet, TN

#14 Mar 14, 2012
Hope some one who have lost a love one,will get some peace from this.God Bless them.Any one who has lost a love one,the pain will never go away,but GOD will heal the SOUL.
Know it now

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Mar 22, 2012
The Harringtons are more interested in their "Help Save tne Next Girl" group than they are in prosecution in Morgan's case. Blink from Blinkoncrime.com says this. I don't know what to think of them anymore. Very disappointing to see Blink speak for them and say this. Too bad they didn't say this much earlier if true. Because much support that they needed until they got branches of this group started would have faded away?
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Mar 23, 2012
alabamamom wrote:
If anyone knows or thinks they know who did this to Morgan But you have been afraid to pick up the phone & make that call ... Call TODAY !
If you are afraid of retaliation from another , or afraid of being bullied ...Call Virginia State Police Today.
MORGAN did this to Morgan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ragged Mountain Dam Lawsuit Filed - NBC29 WVIR ... (Mar '12) Jul '17 K curra 43
Bus Drivers Not Respected Jun '17 Bus Drivers Not R... 1
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Patient X 1
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling (Oct '15) Feb '16 screwem 5
News Partnership to Help More Area Kids (Sep '15) Sep '15 Taysha 1
Regal Theatres Against Military (May '15) May '15 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Berry Receives 29 Years For Robberies (Jul '10) Mar '15 GodCanJudgeNotYou 19
More from around the web