5-Year-Old Rescued After Being Pinned...

5-Year-Old Rescued After Being Pinned between Car and Trailer - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA Ne...

There are 26 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 18, 2012, titled 5-Year-Old Rescued After Being Pinned between Car and Trailer - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA Ne.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Albemarle County police are investigating how a 5-year-old girl ended up in the driver's seat of a car that rolled back, pinning her against a trailer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
marie

Rustburg, VA

#1 Feb 18, 2012
MORE of a reason for people that come here to live speak ENGLISH!!!!!!!
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Feb 18, 2012
More of a reason for parents to watch their young children at all times; English or no English.
anon

Ruckersville, VA

#3 Feb 18, 2012
Albemarle County police are investigating how a 5-year-old girl ended up in the driver's seat of a car that rolled back, pinning her against a trailer.
You all might want to change the wording a bit on this. There is no way she could of gotten from the drivers seat to the back of the car in time for her too be pinned up against the trailer.
What happened

Earlysville, VA

#4 Feb 18, 2012
WHAT HAPPENED? I don't understand how she got pinned if she was in the drivers seat?
Lone Justice

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Feb 18, 2012
anon wrote:
You all might want to change the wording a bit on this. There is no way she could of gotten from the drivers seat to the back of the car in time for her too be pinned up against the trailer.
Hey, use your brain and think this one out. car rolls back with child's legs hanging out! Car pins her on driver's side with door! Not the classic bumper pinning.
OSOK

United States

#6 Feb 18, 2012
I'm sure ACPD us verifying the immigration status of those that are suffering from a language barrier...yea right! Hope the child is o.k.
Helen Hevener

Powhatan, VA

#7 Feb 18, 2012
First off I am sure the girl got into the drivers seat of the car simply by opening the door and getting in- obviosly no adult was paying any attention to what she was doing!!! But for her to only be 5 and be sitting in the driver's seat with her legs dangling out the window far enough to pin her against the trailer when the car hit- she has to be a rather tall 5 year old!!!

To me not knowing the language well enough to even be able to tell police or ambulance what went on- is a part of negligence- certainly not helping the child!!! Thats why I say any person staying as a resident in the United States should be required to be able to speak English first. Although I am guessing these parents might be illegal immigrants from Mexico!!!
Race

Waynesboro, VA

#8 Feb 18, 2012
What happened wrote:
WHAT HAPPENED? I don't understand how she got pinned if she was in the drivers seat?
It was a chariot..........
laughint at the tards

Bassett, VA

#9 Feb 18, 2012
Gosh reading all these posts makes me think that we really have some stupid people in charlottesville. No wonder people can't drive if all you idiots are behind the wheel.
Guy Fawkes

Charlottesville, VA

#10 Feb 18, 2012
This thread was written all wrong. Comes from texting short meaningless sentences and using that same short sighted mindset to convey an idea to the public. Heaven forbid this person try to write a short story.
omg

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Feb 18, 2012
Mexicans are funny!
Wow

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Feb 18, 2012
Helen Hevener wrote:
First off I am sure the girl got into the drivers seat of the car simply by opening the door and getting in- obviosly no adult was paying any attention to what she was doing!!! But for her to only be 5 and be sitting in the driver's seat with her legs dangling out the window far enough to pin her against the trailer when the car hit- she has to be a rather tall 5 year old!!!
To me not knowing the language well enough to even be able to tell police or ambulance what went on- is a part of negligence- certainly not helping the child!!! Thats why I say any person staying as a resident in the United States should be required to be able to speak English first. Although I am guessing these parents might be illegal immigrants from Mexico!!!
Did they say her legs were dangling out the window???
Amy

Spotsylvania, VA

#13 Feb 18, 2012
I hope this child is okay and recovers from any injuries she may have.
Do you part in the world, stop hating and go teach conversational English to someone in need.
Alison

Troy, VA

#14 Feb 18, 2012
Poor girl! Thank goodness the rescue crews got her out with no life-threatening injuries. Hope she recovers well.

On a different note, the article is incredibly poorly worded. The mechanics of the incident are not at all well-described.
mary

Rustburg, VA

#15 Feb 18, 2012
Amy wrote:
I hope this child is okay and recovers from any injuries she may have.
Do you part in the world, stop hating and go teach conversational English to someone in need.
Hope the child recovers as well! BUT if you live here SPEAK the language. I have my own children, WHY would I want to teach someone else CONVERSATIONAL English? Its EASY, if you come here SPEAK IT! Probably here illegally, anyway!
REALLY

Earlysville, VA

#16 Feb 18, 2012
anon wrote:
The story said her legs were dangling out of the door when the car rolled and her legs were pinned between the car and trailer. LEARN TO READ THE WHOLE STORY PEOPLE NOT JUST HEADLINE !!
Helen Hevener

Powhatan, VA

#17 Feb 19, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>Did they say her legs were dangling out the window???

Okay I read it wrong- her legs were dangling out the door- still dangerous situation- when are grownups going to start paying more attention to what their children are doing????
cville 123456

Lynchburg, VA

#18 Feb 19, 2012
anon wrote:
anon you might want to actualy read the article.
Resident

Petersburg, VA

#19 Feb 19, 2012
Send All of them back to MEXICO none of them should be over here anyways were already over populated
Guy Fawkes

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Feb 19, 2012
Resident wrote:
Send All of them back to MEXICO none of them should be over here anyways were already over populated
We said that about the British, and I'm sure native Americans said that about us. Not to mention Mexicans saying the same thing about us when we invaded the southwest. Only arrogant snot nosed white people think we have some right to North America, fortunately, for the human race whites will become a minority in the next 50 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia Medicaid Expansion Mar '16 Patient X 1
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling (Oct '15) Feb '16 screwem 5
News Partnership to Help More Area Kids (Sep '15) Sep '15 Taysha 1
Regal Theatres Against Military (May '15) May '15 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Berry Receives 29 Years For Robberies (Jul '10) Mar '15 GodCanJudgeNotYou 19
News Suspect in U.Va. murder case to appear in court (Feb '15) Feb '15 Paul 1
News Charlottesville population has increased by ten... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Terradive 1
More from around the web