Service Cuts Likely at Albemarle Libr...

Service Cuts Likely at Albemarle Libraries - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 12 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from May 14, 2012, titled Service Cuts Likely at Albemarle Libraries - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

With a tough budget cycle looming, the Jefferson-Madison Regional Library is reviewing its own numbers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

book

Charlottesville, VA

#1 May 14, 2012
Who uses a library anymore? You can find anything on the net now!
Dude

Spotsylvania, VA

#2 May 14, 2012
Hello

Chase City, VA

#3 May 14, 2012
The Greene County library is too busy touting books about the evil white man and pushing shannon has two mommies. I hope it gets closed down - the space could be better used by PVCC.
Lynn

Ferrum, VA

#4 May 14, 2012
book wrote:
Go in any of the local libraries and you'll see people using public computers. Unlike you, not everyone is fortunate enough to own their own computer, much less pay the fees for Internet access.
MID DAY BLUES

Charlottesville, VA

#5 May 14, 2012
cut funds but they are gonna build a library in Crozet ??
red nuckleberry

Fairfield, VA

#6 May 14, 2012
Hello wrote:
The Greene County library is too busy touting books about the evil white man and pushing shannon has two mommies. I hope it gets closed down - the space could be better used by PVCC.
Ha Ha Ha! Yeah, Greene County would be a much better place without a library! The heck with PVCC too. They should build a supermax prison in Greene and incarcerate half the population and employ the rest to guard them...
Please Dont Taze Me Bro

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 14, 2012
red nuckleberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha Ha! Yeah, Greene County would be a much better place without a library! The heck with PVCC too. They should build a supermax prison in Greene and incarcerate half the population and employ the rest to guard them...
Why not just build a barbed wire electric fence AROUND Greene County ?
frmr

Charlottesville, VA

#8 May 14, 2012
Please Dont Taze Me Bro wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not just build a barbed wire electric fence AROUND Greene County ?
How did a discussion about Albemarle's JMRL bottom out with attacks on Greene County?

Didn't I recently read that JMRL's employees were going to recieve a raise, which is long overdue in my opinion? I am proud that Greene stepped up with the funds for the library. Yes, I own my own computer but also visit the library several times a month because I love reading books....the library serves many people. I am not aware of the "pushing" of certain books referred to in a previous post.
Jamie

Wytheville, VA

#9 May 14, 2012
I hope Albemarle is heading towards their own library system. Most times you need a Tetanus shot/annual booster to take out the filthy books in the JMRL system anyway. Nice people but poorly managed.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#10 May 14, 2012
book wrote:
HEY!! There are those of us who are not slaves to electronic devices.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#11 May 14, 2012
red nuckleberry wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are just being funny. Just reading the posts on this site, especially the ones from Greene County (other localities are not blameless)you can see how people need more education because they were not paying attention in English class. I've never seen so much bad grammar, sentence structure and ignorance of vocabulary as I have seen in posts on these sites. Then we wonder why our children are not learning. They don't pay attention. It's obvious, just read what adults write and listen to what they say. They weren't paying attention either.
CvilleGordo

Charlottesville, VA

#12 May 14, 2012
Lynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Go in any of the local libraries and you'll see people using public computers. Unlike you, not everyone is fortunate enough to own their own computer, much less pay the fees for Internet access.
In fact, you don't have to see them - when you get within 30 feet of the computer stations you can smell them.

Wifi for Winos in action.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albemarle County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two candidates for governor lash out at decisio... Feb 9 Horrible 1
Virginia Medicaid Expansion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Patient X 1
News Albemarle May Soon Have More Panhandling (Oct '15) Feb '16 screwem 5
News Partnership to Help More Area Kids (Sep '15) Sep '15 Taysha 1
Regal Theatres Against Military (May '15) May '15 Regal Against Mil... 1
News Berry Receives 29 Years For Robberies (Jul '10) Mar '15 GodCanJudgeNotYou 19
News Suspect in U.Va. murder case to appear in court (Feb '15) Feb '15 Paul 1
More from around the web