Gang-Related Shooting Suspect Charged

Apr 3, 2013 Full story: Patch.com 11

The Livermore man arrested in connection to a gang-related shooting on Sunday was charged by the Alameda County District Attorney's Office Wednesday, according to the Livermore Police Department .

Full Story
Amused

Livermore, CA

#1 Apr 4, 2013
That whole norteno/sureno crap is for losers. What a bunch of morons. You got to laugh at the silly games they play.

Since: Aug 11

Concord, CA

#2 Apr 4, 2013
It's hardly a game to them. They are ignorantly convinced its their only means of life. Gang members should be hunted and killed. Honestly that's how serious of a problem we all have. They don't care who they hurt or terrorize. An order of Vigilantism should be approved.

Since: Mar 11

Livermore 94551

#3 Apr 4, 2013
Gangs are silly PERIOD
Saidit

Livermore, CA

#4 Apr 5, 2013
I hope the new interim Chief of Police targets the gangs as much as they enforce traffic laws. I know they get money for writing tickets, but the gangs are slowly becoming larger and more violent. Gangs will reduce Livermore to an Oakland type city unless LPD becomes more proactive in dealing with them.

Livermore 94551

#5 Apr 5, 2013
Saidit wrote:
I hope the new interim Chief of Police targets the gangs as much as they enforce traffic laws. I know they get money for writing tickets, but the gangs are slowly becoming larger and more violent. Gangs will reduce Livermore to an Oakland type city unless LPD becomes more proactive in dealing with them.
I agree. Maybe the new, interim, police chief can do some cracking down. Even tho cracking down on gangs won't bring in money like a motorcycle cop hidden behind a bush busting people rolling thru stop signs at 1-2mph, but in the long run I think it can save Livermore money. More violence/spread of gang areas will bring down property value, then less property taxes, then less money for schools, then shittier kids, shittier kids=shittier future for everyone.
MourningWood

San Francisco, CA

#6 Apr 5, 2013
Ssophiiee wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Maybe the new, interim, police chief can do some cracking down. Even tho cracking down on gangs won't bring in money like a motorcycle cop hidden behind a bush busting people rolling thru stop signs at 1-2mph, but in the long run I think it can save Livermore money. More violence/spread of gang areas will bring down property value, then less property taxes, then less money for schools, then shittier kids, shittier kids=shittier future for everyone.
Also the cost of cleaning up gang tags and vandalism could be lowered. It's not much but it's something. It's a little sad to see that a town with a nuclear weapons lab isn't focusing on the dangerous crimes and focusing more so on victimless crimes. All in all I still support the men and women of LPD, their job is usually a thankless one, even though they deal with some of the worst people that livermore has to offer. I just think resources could be better spent elsewhere.

Livermore 94551

#7 Apr 5, 2013
MourningWood wrote:
<quoted text>Also the cost of cleaning up gang tags and vandalism could be lowered. It's not much but it's something. It's a little sad to see that a town with a nuclear weapons lab isn't focusing on the dangerous crimes and focusing more so on victimless crimes. All in all I still support the men and women of LPD, their job is usually a thankless one, even though they deal with some of the worst people that livermore has to offer. I just think resources could be better spent elsewhere.
Agreed. I didn't even think of the crimes like tagging. Someone has to clean that up, and they do have to get paid.
Saidit

Livermore, CA

#8 Apr 6, 2013
Ssophiiee wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. Maybe the new, interim, police chief can do some cracking down. Even tho cracking down on gangs won't bring in money like a motorcycle cop hidden behind a bush busting people rolling thru stop signs at 1-2mph, but in the long run I think it can save Livermore money. More violence/spread of gang areas will bring down property value, then less property taxes, then less money for schools, then shittier kids, shittier kids=shittier future for everyone.
LPD needs to create a beat that solely consists of patrolling the Chestnut/I Street/Junction Ave areas where all the bangers live and hang around. Maybe the crosswalk and seatbelt traffic cops can start saturating the gang areas. If they got to write tickets, write them in the gang areas until these little shits get the message that gang crimes WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Livermore 94551

#9 Apr 6, 2013
Saidit wrote:
<quoted text>LPD needs to create a beat that solely consists of patrolling the Chestnut/I Street/Junction Ave areas where all the bangers live and hang around. Maybe the crosswalk and seatbelt traffic cops can start saturating the gang areas. If they got to write tickets, write them in the gang areas until these little shits get the message that gang crimes WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
That's a good idea. If they insist on writing tickets, they should def do it there. Even if it's solely to create a higher police presence and send the message that they are there. After a month of them being there in an amount 5x greater than they are now, maybe some of these shitheads will think twice about shooting or robbing someone.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10 Apr 7, 2013
Unfortunately the only way to get rid of gang vermin is to kill them, like roaches. They can't kill themselves fast enough, far as I'm concerned.
adcock

Oakland, CA

#11 May 29, 2013
See this shit is all by a greater design,if their is no gangs BOOGIE MAN ,no need for extra police,or the money that comes along with crime. The high profile police they bring want be able to work until its in someones best intrest to do so.I live in oakland ca. E.20th st. in the heart of this shit,some of the kids just need some to be part of thats all,but they rather put money into shit they know will not curve violence,but the formula looks good on the power point , please feel-me.Do i qualify to talk about this .Ive done drugs on the streets of oakland,and petty crime ,today ive educated myself at ccsf as a Community health worker ,HIV prevention educator ,casemanagement,conflict resolution,Hep a b c d educator,Health 59-60-61-62,i just had to do something different i love the bayarea and i want so much for are cities..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alameda County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Emily: Is kidsa dental care considered a es... Sep 12 bryanflake1984 1
From the Folks Who Brought you Ferguson: Urban ... Sep 6 Nuts to You 6
Quan and Tuman Spar Over Each Other's Car Accid... Sep 4 Quan must be gone 1
Anula's Cafe Threatened by Health Inspection Issue Aug 23 Amused 1
Stress from interpersonal conflict may spur hig... Jul '14 humanSpirit 8
Still no A's lease as Oakland and Alameda Count... Jun '14 Mofo 1
Study says stress from conflict with others may... Jun '14 humanSpirit 1
•••

Alameda County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE