Librarian Charged With Being Illegal ...

Librarian Charged With Being Illegal Alien

There are 144 comments on the www.postchronicle.com story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Librarian Charged With Being Illegal Alien. In it, www.postchronicle.com reports that:

A North Carolina librarian who allegedly lived illegally in the United States since she was a toddler has been charged with using a fake Social Security number.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.postchronicle.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Battle Creek, MI

#1 Jul 31, 2008
so whats new? tell me some thing i all ready don,t know.

Since: Nov 07

Chicago

#2 Jul 31, 2008
Prison time, then deport her.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Jul 31, 2008
Sue the State for hiring an illegal. Librarian is not a job "Americans won't do"!
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Jul 31, 2008
State or County , whoever did the hiring.

“Out in the West Texas”

Since: Mar 08

town of El Paso

#5 Jul 31, 2008
In reference to the librarian broke the law, throw the book at her!
While a librarian committing this type of crime might be novel, dewey really want to excuse her behavior?
The government needs to check out others in the same position.

“PlainThoughtsDel iveredRoughly”

Since: Aug 07

TheUniverseBendsTowardsJustice

#6 Jul 31, 2008
Well its the days of reckoning so I reckon she can blame her parents.

Since: Oct 07

United States

#7 Jul 31, 2008
Health department investigation leads to charges against library employee
http://www.thetimesnews.com/common/printer/vi...

Marxavi Angel Martinez, 23, of Leslee Drive, Graham, who worked for the county library system, has been charged by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement office with aggravated identity theft, making false statements on a federal employment verification form, misrepresenting herself as being a U.S. citizen, and identity theft.

According to an affidavit filed July 14 in the U.S. Middle District Court in Durham by ICE officer Jeffrey H. Randleman, Alamance County Sheriff Terry Johnson contacted Randleman on July 7 about "an Alamance County employee believed to be illegally in the United States."

An initial query showed Angel-Martinez had no deportation claims pending. However, the officer found discrepancies in the information she had provided to her employer.

In an I-9 form filled by Angel-Martinez on May 22, 2006, she claimed to be a U.S. citizen. The form verifies a person's eligibility to work in the country. However, on her daughter's birth certificate, which was filed in the Alamance County Register of Deeds, she put down Mexico as her place of birth, according to the federal complaint.

A further look into the documentation Angel-Martinez had used to gain employment revealed that the Social Security number she had used belonged to a dead person.

Alamance County Sheriff's Department Spokesman Randy Jones said Thursday that his department did not initiate the investigation into Angel-Martinez but rather that it was a result of the SBI investigation involving the health department.

In late June, Sheriff Johnson, at the petition of County Commissioner Bill Lashley, asked the SBI to look into the health department's policy regarding the use of aliases after it was disclosed during a May 20 meeting of the personal health committee that the department had been issuing work notes using alias names at the petition of some of its patients and that a client had been charged with committing identity theft.

That same month, County Manager David Smith suspended with pay Medical Director Dr. Kathleen Shapley-Quinn and Nurse Practitioner Karen Saxer pending the outcome of the SBI inquiry, which is focusing on whether the writing of such notes involved fraud. Johnson said no health department employee has been charged.

Jones said he didn't know if Angel-Martinez was a client at the health department. He said the sheriff's department has not been involved in the ongoing SBI investigation except when it's been asked to assist state officials, as was the case in the Angel-Martinez' case. He said he didn't know if more people were going to be charged as a result of the SBI probe
close:
continue at link

Since: Oct 07

United States

#8 Jul 31, 2008
Martinez's father, mother and sister were also in the courtroom today. On Tuesday, they turned themselves over to ICE, admitting they were in the country illegally after overstaying their visa 20 years ago.

The entire family is expected to be deported to Cancun
http://www.myfoxwghp.com/myfox/pages/Home/Det...
from another article.
She Be Me

AOL

#9 Jul 31, 2008
This job gave her access to United States citizens personal information such as social security numbers, addresses, phone numbers, birth dates, etc......

This should be further investigated!
Snicker

Mount Juliet, TN

#10 Jul 31, 2008
Any income this mexican made during her illegal stay here, while she used a dead person's SS, should be repaid by her in some sort of prison/work camp. Once her debt to Americans has been paid DEPORT HER and any little illegals she bred while here!!!
Illegals should also be tatooed on their hand prior to deportation so that they are marked as illegals and cannot be rehired as easily once they slither back over here.
So What

Battle Creek, MI

#11 Jul 31, 2008
God riddance...
So What

Battle Creek, MI

#12 Jul 31, 2008
^Good
amazed

Brunswick, OH

#13 Jul 31, 2008
Snicker wrote:
Any income this mexican made during her illegal stay here, while she used a dead person's SS, should be repaid by her in some sort of prison/work camp. Once her debt to Americans has been paid DEPORT HER and any little illegals she bred while here!!!
Illegals should also be tatooed on their hand prior to deportation so that they are marked as illegals and cannot be rehired as easily once they slither back over here.
Silly as it seems, Librarian is a degreed position...did we give her a free college education too?

“..i can't STAND her....”

Since: Jun 08

..and don't want him...WTF?...

#14 Jul 31, 2008
I know this is a problem, and our southern border is a joke. But I was raised in South Texas, and I've worked with, gone to school with, and had day to day dealings with illegals forever. A librarian? Trust me, this isn't even worth worrying about. At least she HAD a job.
---who---

Waco, TX

#15 Jul 31, 2008
That still does not make it Right- and she had AMPLE time to use the Various Amnesty programs that were available at the time, and apply to become a citizen, get married, etc-OR the choice to obtain employ where they would not check a SSN- HOWEVER- She CHOSE to commit Fraud, Not apply for residency, Lie, etc-And Make a conscious decision to do so- she should go to jail and then be deported to whatever 3rd world S**thole she is from.
Old Sam wrote:
I know this is a problem, and our southern border is a joke. But I was raised in South Texas, and I've worked with, gone to school with, and had day to day dealings with illegals forever. A librarian? Trust me, this isn't even worth worrying about. At least she HAD a job.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#16 Jul 31, 2008
Snicker wrote:
I agree. If these illegal aliens start working their debt off maybe we will see less of these thieves.

“..i can't STAND her....”

Since: Jun 08

..and don't want him...WTF?...

#17 Jul 31, 2008
It is a HUGE problem. But until the country gets serious about not hiring, not providing the incentives to come here, not granting citizenship just for being born here to illegal parents, this whole situation will just fester. And the current White House occupant does'nt care, the Congress does'nt care...the people in a position to do something about this don't care. 'We The People' are just stuck with it. My answer is to vote against ALL incumbents in this next election, and maybe we will get a better group of elected officials, not just the best money can buy.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#18 Jul 31, 2008
Good riddance! She's obviously a trained liar and thief.
what

Somerset, KY

#19 Jul 31, 2008
Snicker wrote:
Yes because we all know it costs absolutely nothing to house prisoners. To quote the movie Heathers, "Did you have a brain tumor for breakfast?"
Joel E Wischkaemper

Staunton, VA

#20 Jul 31, 2008
A fake SS Number. Whoever has that number on the up and up is going to get damaged. The Immigration Service needs to notify the person involved, and get it straight for them.

And that is going to be a problem for a lot of people still out there. Check your SS Numbers at the local SS Office, or on-line. Find out now.. you are clear. The problems .. and there are no benefits .... are long and ugly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamance County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alamance Co. Man Charged With Sex Offenses With... (Oct '08) Jun '16 VICTIM 20
News Two Burlington teens charged with breaking into... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Middleburg Garden Club reports numerous fall ac... (Apr '15) Apr '15 luannebrooten 1
News DWIs ensnare many aliens (Sep '08) Apr '15 For Americans 18
News LabCorp finalizes merger deal with LipoScience (Jan '15) Jan '15 Bill Taylor 1
Mobile Advertising (Jan '15) Jan '15 mommakritter 1
News Walker's congressional office open (Jan '15) Jan '15 Not Surprised 1
More from around the web