1 Killed, 1 Wounded in Alamance Count...

1 Killed, 1 Wounded in Alamance County Shooting

There are 17 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Dec 11, 2009, titled 1 Killed, 1 Wounded in Alamance County Shooting. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

A person was killed and another wounded in a shooting at a home in southern Alamance County on Friday afternoon, according to the sheriff's office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

David

United States

#1 Dec 11, 2009
Prayers to the McPherson family.
Ann

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Dec 11, 2009
Praying for the family
FireDad

Greensboro, NC

#4 Dec 11, 2009
Amber, I am so, so sorry sweetheart.
Harris family

Burlington, NC

#5 Dec 11, 2009
Amber, you and the rest of your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
sadness in Alamance

Greensboro, NC

#6 Dec 11, 2009
My heart goes out to the child you are in my prayers and thoughts. We will be thinking about you.
heather875

Wilson, NC

#7 Dec 11, 2009
Oh my gosh, this is so devastating. Derrick how could you do this to your family and your child? I am praying for the sweet little girl.
Holly

United States

#8 Dec 11, 2009
He is a coward. My prayers are with the family but mainly Amber, poor little girl. This was a unforgivable selfish act. Such a sad story.
CRAZY DAVE

Charlotte, NC

#9 Dec 11, 2009
MY prayers to the Mcpherson Family. RIP Janet and Derick.
Kathy Loy

Burlington, NC

#10 Dec 11, 2009
My heart goes out to both of these families but most of all to there little girl.She has lost both of her parents right here at Christmas and this is something she will never forget.I will be praying for all of them,
Family

Burlington, NC

#11 Dec 11, 2009
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers I know that our family really appreciates them. Amber will be well loved and taken care of. Please keep her in your prayers she is going to need a lot of help and love for a while to come.
Anonymous

Greensboro, NC

#12 Dec 11, 2009
My heart goes out to all involved, but mostly to their child. May God be with everyone who is suffering through this tragedy. I just hope and pray that this child has a lot of love to surround her, she is going to need it. This man has done a very selfish act and I when he gets to his judgement place may he get no mercy...how could he take both parents away from his child? what a sick human being
Chris Moore

Utica, KY

#13 Dec 11, 2009
I knew Derrick and janet they had a beach house near us. I am so confused why he did this but my prayers and thoughts go out. Derrick and Janet I am goin to miss you loved to see you at the beach. RIP
Neil Moore and son Chris Moore
SHS1991

Graham, NC

#14 Dec 11, 2009
I knew Derick and he was a good guy and awesome father. You don't know what all was going on with this family. I don't agree with what he did but, I wasn't put on this earth to judge anyone either. Holly I have seen you post the same thing on each website that has something about this story. I understand that you are "family" but, if I was your family I would be embarrassed with your comments. Hasn't your family been through enough without statements like that from you?
Ghost Of A Chance

Greensboro, NC

#15 Dec 12, 2009
The child...The time, anytime...only 7???...this just should not of happened...My heart and sorrow goes out to you and your family little one, embrace the family that is next to you for which it is them that will guide you through this awful storm. "WE" parents shed the tears of sorrow with you, for you and for your family. GOD bless you child-be strong. I am very very sorry this happened to you.
Tinsey

Burlington, NC

#16 Dec 12, 2009
I feel so sory for this poor child. I hope she didn't have to witness this. From past experience this is hard on an adult much less a child.I hope she is surrounded by love,conpassion and family. I still think something clicks in the brain to do something like this.
Stop Domestic Violence

Greensboro, NC

#18 Dec 12, 2009
This is the 2nd time this has happened that I am aware of within the past week. On Friday Dec 4th, Allison Holt Gaither was stabbed to death by her estranged husband then he hung himself. She had just taken out a 50-b on him. Come on LAW ENFORCEMENT!!!!!!!! Isn't there something that can be done to help????? Allison had 3 kids and a child was involved in this situation as well. This is saying a lot. We as a society need to step up and insist that something be done. As I see it a 50-B is only worth the paper it is printed on. All this Domestic Violence has got to stop!!
Hilltop

United States

#19 Dec 15, 2009
Shs1991 I agree with Holly. Killing your wife automatically makes you a bad guy and a bad father.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamance County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 16-Year-Old Arrested, Charged with Sex Crimes (Sep '10) Jan '17 Truthis 26
News Alamance Co. Man Charged With Sex Offenses With... (Oct '08) Nov '16 Tom 21
News Alamance County group rallies for voting rights Oct '16 ID Law proponent 1
Alamance County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests... Oct '16 Wyatt 2
News Two Burlington teens charged with breaking into... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Go Blue Forever 1
News Middleburg Garden Club reports numerous fall ac... (Apr '15) Apr '15 luannebrooten 1
News DWIs ensnare many aliens (Sep '08) Apr '15 For Americans 18
More from around the web