Statewide Crackdown Could Force Farme...

Statewide Crackdown Could Force Farmers To Lose Tax Breaks

There are 13 comments on the Fox 8 WGHP story from Oct 12, 2010, titled Statewide Crackdown Could Force Farmers To Lose Tax Breaks. In it, Fox 8 WGHP reports that:

Around 250 landowners in Alamance County are in jeopardy of losing major tax breaks due to a statewide crackdown on a land assessment program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 8 WGHP.

David

Smithfield, NC

#1 Oct 12, 2010
I think its bullshit just like most everything else the government does.
They are needing money so they are looking for anyway to get more money from you.
Its not enough that they take all the taxes but now they want your land or have you sell it.
You shpold start a non profit orginization and be exempt from taxes.
I for one am getting so sick of them taking and one day they will take a little more than they bargined for.
opec

Pilot Mountain, NC

#2 Oct 12, 2010
David wrote:
I think its **** just like most everything else the government does.
They are needing money so they are looking for anyway to get more money from you.
Its not enough that they take all the taxes but now they want your land or have you sell it.
You shpold start a non profit orginization and be exempt from taxes.
I for one am getting so sick of them taking and one day they will take a little more than they bargined for.
It's called SB 510(federal senate bill #510). It's all part of killing the local farmer, even down to you growing your own little family or hobby garden.

Don't talk junk just learn: www.infowars.com
speakup2

Dobson, NC

#3 Oct 12, 2010
I am not understanding what they are saying. If you grew vegetables to sell would you get your tax break? If you didn't want to grow them yourself could you lease the field out and still get your tax break? People are going to need these little farmers here pretty soon. When the prices in the stores get so high that no one can afford an apple. Could someone explain this to me?
Gun Toter

Raleigh, NC

#4 Oct 13, 2010
Just another way to screw you. Thanks NC your going to get yours
Gun Toter

Raleigh, NC

#5 Oct 13, 2010
Why cant you just own land because you want the land to be natural and enjoy it that way...you know with out having a Highway through the middle or them taking it for "progress". This country is unbeleavable.
john in high point

AOL

#6 Oct 13, 2010
All this country is interested in is removing the small farmer from their rolls. However, I don't think that taxes should keep the farmer up! I've heard many stories about how some farmers really take the tax payer as a bunch of ignorants and this arogance should end.
Gun Toter

Raleigh, NC

#7 Oct 13, 2010
The land has been in the family for almost 200 years...Dont tell me what I can and cant do with it. My plan....do nothing with it and enjoy it for what it is...A break from the city and a safe place for my children to play divoid from drugs, thugs and pediphiles.
NCFA

Raleigh, NC

#8 Oct 13, 2010
Forest management plans can be written by the NC Division of Forestry free of charge for landowners. A landowner also could hire a private consultant to write the plan. The typical forest management plan is tailored to the wishes of the landowner and typically, landowners who have a forest management plan and actively manage their forests, earn a higher return on their forestry investments in the future. You can learn more at the NC Division of Forest Resources website or the NCFA's www.ncforestry.org .
Fuzz

Greensboro, NC

#9 Oct 13, 2010
I believe we know WHERE all the tax breaking is going on THESE DAYS!!
Gun Toter

Raleigh, NC

#10 Oct 13, 2010
NCFA wrote:
Forest management plans can be written by the NC Division of Forestry free of charge for landowners. A landowner also could hire a private consultant to write the plan. The typical forest management plan is tailored to the wishes of the landowner and typically, landowners who have a forest management plan and actively manage their forests, earn a higher return on their forestry investments in the future. You can learn more at the NC Division of Forest Resources website or the NCFA's www.ncforestry.org .
Yea Im planning on getting them to thin out the woods behind the house (Down near Wilmington) They are very overgrown/thick. I just dont like being mandated to do anything
opec

Pilot Mountain, NC

#11 Oct 15, 2010
This is a start on the part to truth, and this leads even to the obama white house, but it doesn't begin or end there.

Watch this: http://video.google.com/videoplay... #

And here is a lot more information on related and various information: http://www.911essentials.com/
opec

Pilot Mountain, NC

#12 Oct 15, 2010
And one more (I just read this one): http://www.infowars.com/new-fda-regulations-t...

Think about how Bev is doing everything according to Soetoro and his henchmen. She is nothing but a "party puppet". The concern of the North Carolinians IS NOT on Bev's agenda, nor Hagan's.
opec

Pilot Mountain, NC

#13 Oct 15, 2010
NCFA wrote:
This is also for "Gun Toter":

Look up "Agenda 21", you'll learn a lot there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamance County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Burlington woman charged with aiding in statuto... Jun 11 starbwoy 2
News Middleburg Garden Club reports numerous fall ac... Apr '15 luannebrooten 1
News DWIs ensnare many aliens (Sep '08) Apr '15 For Americans 18
News LabCorp finalizes merger deal with LipoScience Jan '15 Bill Taylor 1
Mobile Advertising Jan '15 mommakritter 1
News Walker's congressional office open Jan '15 Not Surprised 1
News Liberty man charged with incest, child abuse (Nov '14) Nov '14 justice 1
More from around the web