Immigration arrest outrages some resi...

Immigration arrest outrages some residents

There are 35 comments on the abclocal.go.com story from Jul 30, 2008, titled Immigration arrest outrages some residents. In it, abclocal.go.com reports that:

Sheriff's deputies arrested a library worker after they say she used false documents to work in Alamance County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at abclocal.go.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 30, 2008
Marxavi Martinez, 23, is in federal prison for using a fake social security number and living in the U.S. illegally.

Good job Sheriff. More hunting needs to happen!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2 Jul 31, 2008
So let me get this straight, if I rob a bank and get away with it for 20 years, that's OK? Do I get to keep the money?

Break the law and you go to jail. Get it asshat?
Betty Boop

Moreno Valley, CA

#3 Jul 31, 2008
She and her family lived a lie for 20 yrs. The jig is up now, good job high sheriff!!

“Live for today”

Since: Jan 08

here

#5 Jul 31, 2008
Another heart felt story, hope she can speak Spanish.
PSL

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Jul 31, 2008
Only people complaining are hispanics or Americans that would sell out their country
for a Coke!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7 Jul 31, 2008
PSL wrote:
Only people complaining are hispanics or Americans that would sell out their country
for a Coke!
True. You don't see Asians flooding the streets demanding amnesty, or asking for WIC.

Asians > hispanics. nuff said

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#8 Jul 31, 2008
What is wrong with these people that they'd be upset she was arrested? She lied and cheated and committed a felony with her using a social security number that doesn't belong to her. And these people think that being a felon is somehow commendable? Something wrong with the people in that town.

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#9 Jul 31, 2008
Fed up Suffolk Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
True. You don't see Asians flooding the streets demanding amnesty, or asking for WIC.
Asians > hispanics. nuff said
The old saying "The wheel that squeaks the loudest, gets the grease." comes to mind.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#10 Jul 31, 2008
Rogerg wrote:
<quoted text>
The old saying "The wheel that squeaks the loudest, gets the grease." comes to mind.
The old saying "Never wake a sleeping giant." trumps that one.
Chris in Mpls

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jul 31, 2008
The giant awaketh..

Since: Jan 08

Oxford, AL

#12 Aug 1, 2008
Rebel wrote:
What is wrong with these people that they'd be upset she was arrested? She lied and cheated and committed a felony with her using a social security number that doesn't belong to her. And these people think that being a felon is somehow commendable? Something wrong with the people in that town.
If I got caught using some one elses social security in the job I work at ---I would hate to have to deal with the consequence. These illegals deserve nothing less no matter if they have been here 1 year or 20 years. Deport them and their illegal parents. And cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparentas, siblings and friends !!!!!!!!!! I would never have the luxury to simply be deported.

“Live for today”

Since: Jan 08

here

#13 Aug 1, 2008
Just imagine what problems this can create for someone retired on SSA or anyone for that matter. When they use someones SSA number IRS will come after the owner of that number for any taxes not paid and it can create a major problem.

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#14 Aug 1, 2008
Richard retired US Army wrote:
Just imagine what problems this can create for someone retired on SSA or anyone for that matter. When they use someones SSA number IRS will come after the owner of that number for any taxes not paid and it can create a major problem.
There have been endless articles of senior citizens interviewed who suddenly had their benefits cut off or lowered due to their new "income" and children who, when they turn 18 and try to get a credit card, find out they owe tens of thousands in debts, including mortgages they never took out, and people who go to apply for disability, only to find out they're already receiving disability in another state, and one lady who applied for a job, only to find out she was already employed with that company at a different location! And so many more...not to mention the stories of the IRS coming after people for unreported income...for jobs the person never worked.

And it's not easy for the owner of that social to clear things up -- it's costly in more ways than one, including time and frustration, and it takes many, many months if it's ever totally cleared up. No one wants to help these poor people after the illegals screw up their lives!

“Green card?”

Since: Jan 08

Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico

#16 Aug 1, 2008

“Live for today”

Since: Jan 08

here

#17 Aug 1, 2008
Kbird murderedGAgirl56 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you could teach her 8 year old T girltalk Freak!
That's right I know about you group of chld molesters! You won't be back in the states anytime soon will ya? Not with those warrants out for your arrest. It's like a molester city over there isn't it?
No Dick head I won't be back in the USA for awhile. Unlike you I can travel freely in the world, no restrictions on my passport that say beware Mentally Ill Person. Go take a nap, a long one and take your Meds. Take lots of them.

“Live for today”

Since: Jan 08

here

#18 Aug 1, 2008
Rebel wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been endless articles of senior citizens interviewed who suddenly had their benefits cut off or lowered due to their new "income" and children who, when they turn 18 and try to get a credit card, find out they owe tens of thousands in debts, including mortgages they never took out, and people who go to apply for disability, only to find out they're already receiving disability in another state, and one lady who applied for a job, only to find out she was already employed with that company at a different location! And so many more...not to mention the stories of the IRS coming after people for unreported income...for jobs the person never worked.
And it's not easy for the owner of that social to clear things up -- it's costly in more ways than one, including time and frustration, and it takes many, many months if it's ever totally cleared up. No one wants to help these poor people after the illegals screw up their lives!
And the pro illegal scum feel everything is just fine when they hire these P.O.S. and cry when ICE performs there jobs with raids and deportations.
plopsdad

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Aug 1, 2008
Richard retired US Army wrote:
<quoted text>
And the pro illegal scum feel everything is just fine when they hire these P.O.S. and cry when ICE performs there jobs with raids and deportations.
Of course they cry, it cuts into the profit. They really could care less about what the American taxpayer is paying for these illegals, they only care about the bottom line

“Live for today”

Since: Jan 08

here

#21 Aug 1, 2008
eagle is my pet monkeyboy wrote:
<quoted text>got you a little mad did I? How them tranny boys treating over there?
tranny boy freak!
Go and relax wanabe a man, take your meds. and sleep, sleep, sleep. When you wake up you will still be Desperate, delusional and have low self-esteem or none. I never get mad or upset.
Barack Hussein Osama

San Diego, CA

#22 Aug 1, 2008
No wait folks maybe me and Senorita Martinez, can come to an agreement. Senorita, have I ever shown you my cigar in the oval office? VOTE FOR MEEEEEE!!!!!
eagle is my pet monkeyboy

United States

#23 Aug 1, 2008
Richard retired US Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Go and relax wanabe a man, take your meds. and sleep, sleep, sleep. When you wake up you will still be Desperate, delusional and have low self-esteem or none. I never get mad or upset.
Maybe I don't know anything at all about you and I should just keep my mouth shut instead of flamming the fire?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamance County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man wanted in Burlington shooting considered ar... (Aug '17) Aug '17 HEiSaDUMMY 1
News Missing Burlington man's car found in Va. (Aug '17) Aug '17 ARRESTED 2
News Couple linked to man's disappearance (Aug '17) Aug '17 ARRESTED 1
News 16-Year-Old Arrested, Charged with Sex Crimes (Sep '10) Jan '17 Truthis 26
News Alamance Co. Man Charged With Sex Offenses With... (Oct '08) Nov '16 Tom 21
News Alamance County group rallies for voting rights (Oct '16) Oct '16 ID Law proponent 1
Alamance County Criminal Mugshots and Arrests... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Wyatt 2