Three N.C. sheriffs participate in federal immigrant program

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Sheriffs in three counties are using a federal program that allows them to hold illegal immigrants arrested in their jurisdictions for deportation proceedings.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 42 of42
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Litl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2008

MsLyn wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed a big drop in the number of illegals in our area since construction has slowed. I guess the ones who are left are turning to crime. I live in Cullowhee and have heard of no one being attacked or raped by anyone - Mexican or otherwise. But if no one is taking the complaints that may be why.
I can't give you an answer about the sheriff, he and his staff have always been professionals when I had a question or problem. You could contact the DA's office about your concerns and show them your proof, there are some good people there too. I'm pretty sure they can take your complaint, file the charges and get a warrant without the Sheriff.
I hope this helps, if not let me know on this thread and I will give you my e-mail address. My brother works in LE and I will speak to him about your concerns and see if he knows what is going on.
Thank you. Any advice or help matters. I have only lived in Cullowhee for 7yrs. I can only talk about what I have seen, heard & experienced. I just feel that if people talk about what's going on & make others aware of it that things can be done to stop it all. I know people have hard times but to turn to crime & violence is not the answer. All that we were told by the Sheriff was that it was an isolated incident! They even refused to take fingerprints! It bad to feel scared in your own home & we can't even sleep. This was only 2 weeks ago. Right around that time a mans home was broken into & stole a few things. At the same time another woman was attacked by them. There is so much going on & people don't talk about it! If we don't & no action is taken how will it stop & get better? I'm sorry I'm just scared & babbling now. Thank you so much for listening.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Update... The police went to one of the Mexicans place over 2 weeks later & most of them didn't have any ID. The police asked if they took the things & they said no. It was left at that. The police said there wasn't enough evidence even though they refused to take finger prints & the eyewitness that saw them & their vehicle wasn't enough. The Mexicans being here alone is illegal but that doesn't matter. Of course if you take matters in your own hands you will be the one thrown in prison! The DA said nothing can be done since there isn't enough evidence & Immigration won't do anything about them. So, I see are hands are tied. All we can do is make people aware of what's going on around us & pray things will get dealt with when a new Sheriff is elected.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 42 of42
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••